Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Hardeeville-Hilton Head
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Hardeeville
Reviewed 22 December 2013

No reservations were needed. Room was spacious with a comfortable bed and adequately spacious shower with high enough positioned shower head. Unfortunately the walls seemed super-thin as adjoining room/conversation emanated throughout our stay. Another annoying feature was a slight hint of nicotine smell in the air though the room was listed as smoke free. The only restaurant was a breakfast area, but a walking distance away from the hotel was a large gas station which housed a Subway and a Pizza shop + its own shoppette.

Room Tip: Super thin walls between rooms/floors Convenience of multiple 'restaurant' settings in near...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Hardeeville-Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear SEAN11111,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. It is really nice to know that you found the bed to be comfortable. On the other hand, please accept my sincerest apologies for the noise and smell issues you have experienced. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed here on 21 Sept more by accident than by design. We were traveling down I95 and as night was drawing in and the rain was starting we decided that we should find somewhere to stop for the night rather than push on any further. We saw the signs posted for the hotel and thought that this would do.

We were greeted by very pleasant reception staff who arranged a room for us. Because we were walk-ins we went in to check if a room was available so we went back out to get our overnight stuff from the car and as we passed back through the foyer we were a bit disorientated to find the elevators and the receptionist attracted my attention by name and pointed out the way to go. I thought that it was very good of her to call me by my name as this gave a personal touch to our welcome.

Our room was a spacious king bed suite which was clean, comfortable and modern standard typical of Holiday Inns just what we needed to rest and relax before we travelled on in the morning.

Breakfast was the typical “free” offering from a buffet style counter and was enough to set us on our way.

We never explored the hotel for other amenities as you can see this was simply an overnight stop and it met our needs perfectly.

The service we got was good and personal and should we journey this way again and need a pillow to rest our head we would watch out for exit 8 on I95 and call in again.

David

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DLB-GOUROCK
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Everything you'd expect for Holiday Inn Express. Easy off and Easy on. Clean,comfortable rooms, great breakfast spread and of course their signature cinnamon buns. No surprises, friendly staff, a good nights rest and back on the road.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Litigator1
Reviewed 30 July 2013

booked this through expedia, was garanteed non -smoking, didn't get it. also train comes by sounding whistle. being weekend, unable to find another place that was non-smoking will only book non-smoking places in the future

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bschoch33
Cindi W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Hardeeville-Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

I am so sorry that you had a bad experience at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Hardeeville-Hilton Head. Obviously you were on the smoking floor. Unfortunately this is what Expedia books at our hotel, is the smoking rooms. In the future if you call the hotel itself we will be able to make sure you are not in a smoking room, and that you are placed away from the train noise.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

This met our expectations for an overnight stop. The room was very clean and the beds comfortable. Breakfast was tasty and well stocked. I do think price wise it was a little higher that what would be expected for the location, but knowing the chain, I figured it would be a safe bet for an overnight.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mitravelinfamily_10
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I think the only reason I am not giving this a 5 out of 5 is just because I am reluctant to do that for anything unless it really knocks my socks off.

This property didn't knock my socks off but it absolutely served its purpose affordably, cleanly, with a good level of quality, and conveniently. That's just about all I need in a hotel property.

I was in the hotel for a total of about 6.5 hours as I breezed by on my way from Central Florida to Greenville, SC, so it was just a place I needed a good bed for sleeping and a place to shower in the morning. It did that very well.

Comfy bed, clean bathroom, no weird smells in our non smoking room, and quiet (even through there was some warning about a train track close by, but I never heard it - and I95 was only a few hundred yards away but I don't think I ever heard it either).

It is positioned behind a kind of full service gas station (Subway Sandwich shop, Krispy Kreme display, and maybe a pizza place inside), which was weird and gave us a minor challenge to find the entrance, since it seemed so unlikely we'd have to go through the gas station to get to the hotel, but that's what it was. I have to assume same entity owns both gas station and hotel, but I don't know that for sure.

The free Breakfast was good to have but a little minimalist (toast, yogurt, muffins, bananas only as the fruit offering), but that was ok and mostly all I need for breakfast anyway.

We checked in between 11p and 12a on a Sunday night, and Mike at the front desk was courteous and surprisingly perky, given the late hour.

I'd stay there again, for sure.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank David T
Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

Driving from PA on way to Orlando. Found this hotel on tripadvisor & decided to stop. Awesome for the $! Breakfast was awesome, pancakes, sausage, bacon, cereal, etc etc!!! Freshly stocked by a very very pleasant employee. Front desk staff was welcoming & very helpful. Defiantly would stop next trip thru:)

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Maubele8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hardeeville
Best Western Plus Hardeeville Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites Hardeeville
Red Roof Inn Hardeeville
Red Roof Inn Hardeeville
#4 of 12 in Hardeeville
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton,  Bluffton-Sun City
Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bluffton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Hardeeville-Hilton Head? Share your experiences!