“Yucky!”

Motel 6 Hardeeville
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Hardeeville
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We were pretty desperate to find a place to stay after not being able to find a key to get in our beach house, that's the only reason we stayed here. The bathroom needed a good deep cleaning. It had only been half-cleaned. The towels smelled terrible, so bad we used our beach towels for taking a bath. The bed sheets on one of the beds had a huge hole in it. The bed was decently comfortable, but my socks were totally black on the bottom from the floor being so nasty!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 March 2013

The motel overall was average. Comfortable beds, the room seemed to be pretty clean, except for a lot of soap scum in the tub. The only real complaint that I had, was about 500 feet away, there are VERY active train tracks. I think the train woke me up probably a half a dozen times during the night. Would I stay there again?? Probably not..

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Been to a lot of Motel 6's because I travel with my dog and because they are inexpensive.
This Motel 6, in Hardeeville S.C. is nasty! Dirty and gross, sleazy and scary. The lady who checked us in was nice enough but the room was really dirty. I was afraid of catching something.
Sitting on the toilet (which was scary) you could see all kinds of dirt and scum all around the bathroom. They need to take bleach and a scrub brush to the place. The furniture was old and the bed had pot holes in it. I can live with the old part, but the unclean, scuzzy, nasty and gross part is a game changer. I'm one of those people who don't complain, and I didn't, but I will NEVER EVER stay there again and you'll be sorry if you do.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank iamleggs
Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here twice within the past year, and I must say that It is a great motel for A great price. If you're looking for anything fancy, you definitely won't get it here but it had everything that I needed; cleanliness, strong WiFi, and cable. The One thing to remember though....if you see a billboard with a lower price than what they offer at the hotel, tell them that You saw a lower price on the billboard. I thought the girl at the desk was trying to overcharge me, but she told me that It was a word of mouth coupon and not automatically applied. Saved me 10 dollars on my room and only paid 34 something dollars.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Two of us plus our dog spent one night here. We made the reservation via the iphone app which was a synch five minutes before arriving. The front desk clerk already had our room key ready upon our arrival. The motel was more than adequate for a stopover during a 1200 mile road trip. The room was clean and basic. The wifi signal was strong. The AC was strong and crisp. Plenty of grass to walk the dog. Friendly personnel. Great location near highway.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zurak87
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Stayed in a room that was kinda dark as it was on the end. That kind of made it bleaker, but didn't spend much time in the room. Pool was nice and refreshing especially in the morning. Also good breakfast. Otherwise the room was nice too.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We stopped here on our way to NC upon pulling up I was very leery of staying here, however decided to after all I figured how bad can the rooms be? Well immediately after walking in the room which smelled of ciigarettes and mold I noticed a roach crawling up the wall. We then pulled down the bed and noticed all the burn marks in the blanket. I was pretty convinced I was leaving, and then my Sister who was in the other room next door called me over, and showed me her bed and it was crawling with BED BUGS!!! My Husband and I immediately went straight to the front and checked out. I told the lady what we found, and she didn't even act aghast!!! or disgusted like I was she just said "oh sorry" we went across the Street to the Holiday Inn where we found beautiful clean rooms and a nice bed and a wonderful hot breakfast. Never again will I try to save$$ by stopping at a Motel 6

Room Tip: If you want a good room go across the street.