“Not very happy” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Hardeeville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not very happy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

So, I arrive very late at night for a 2 night stay. I even called ahead to advise them that I would be coming in late. When we arrive I was given a key and started to enter our room. Low and behold there are already people in that room!!! They happen to be in the middle of an intimate act also!!! Not something I wanted my young child to see. Then when I went up to the front desk the clerk advised me that they ONLY had smoking rooms now, my non- smoking reservation was not able to be met. I asked her for a discount or something for my inconvenience and she said they cannot go any lower than what I was charged. I took the key and we got settled into our room. It was late and I was not willing to fight for another, higher priced room at that time of night. Also, this property is NOT 15 minutes or 15 miles from Hilton Head. It is 30 minutes and 34 miles. False advertising. I will NOT be back to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Brandy L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Weeki Wachee, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

The room had not been cleaned properly. There was mildew in the bath. The previous occupant had left food in the fridge which was still there. The microwave was broken. Somebody had spilled liquid on the TV screen. There was bare electrical wiring. The box of Kleenex was empty. The cleaner clearly does not do her job. The manager refused me a refund and would not give me the contact details of Mr. J. Patel, the owner, so that I could complain directly. Some Motel 6s are modern and well run. This isn`t. Motel 6 must be embarrased that their sign is on this hotel. Mr. Patel damages their reputation. Stay here at your peril!!!

Room Tip: Inspect the room carefully before parting with your money.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ian S
North Port, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

stopped here on way to Philadelphia and was very nice . 1st floor always so you don't have to carry your bags to far . you can park right in front of room most of the time which is a good thing . I always call in advance to get my room . no pet fees and AARP and military discount which is a good thing not much but every little bit helps . the room and bath was very clean plenty of places close bye to eat for dinner or breakfast . do plan on stopping there again. service was very good nice clean linens

Room Tip: call in advance and ask for 1st floor and don't forget to get your discount
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Vero Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

On the evening of April 8, 2014, we thought we had found a bargain rate at the Motel 6 at Exit 8 off of I-95 in Hardeeville, South Carolina (exit for Hilton Head Island). We checked out the room before paying for it - it seemed adequate. We unloaded our suitcases and drove to Hilton Head for the evening. Upon our return to the motel after 10:00 PM, we were unhappily surprised to hear and feel the thunder of a passing train speeding by so close that it rattled the room. And again and again and again and again. . . . throughout the night. The front desk manager curtly told us that they were under "no obligation" to inform us about the location or frequency of trains passing by. We used both the room fan and the bathroom fan as "white noise" all through the night.
Also, there was a broken electric outlet forcing us to crawl under furniture to plug in our chargers and no complimentary bath products. While the price was "right", the accommodations were "wrong."

Room Tip: Stay away from this motel.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 214clementine
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

We stopped here because billboard said $39/nite. They charged for extra adult. Room was clean and otherwise no complaints. Lesson learned to always book thru internet first. You know what you will be paying. No surprises. Coffee in lobby only.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TimAndJen2013
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

This is our third time at this motel. They are pet friendly, which is what draws us to the Motel 6 chain. The large field on the side of the motel facing away from the highway has been cleaned up and mowed. There are a couple of picnic tables there. A great place to walk your dog. Two adults, two dogs, two beds (clean and comfortable) ran us $48.15 with tax. This included a bar refrigerator and a microwave oven. The fridge worked fine, but the rotating tray was missing from the microwave which rendered it useless since the drive mechanism would just keep going around and knocking things over - if you removed it then the bottom of the microwave is too uneven to put anything in safely - it was a write-off, But - several restaurants within a mile of the motel. Gas station and a convenience store share the parking area with the motel so very handy, and the on ramp to the highway is the far side of the gas station. Clean, friendly staff, well lit at night, reasonably soundproof room walls. We will be back for our fourth stay.

Room Tip: If you have dogs, get a room on side away from gas station so you have access to the big mowed field...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Desk persons were very cordial, and friendly. Room was spotless, all linens smelled fresh. Was a very perfect place. Only think that was negative was I couldn't stay another day because of my previous commitments. I will stay there another time. I recommend it to all. Older posts don't fit what I found. Give them a shot if you're passing by..

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hardeeville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Hardeeville-Hilton Head
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 6 in Ridgeland
Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head

Been to Motel 6 Hardeeville? Share your experiences!