“Nice, quiet, scenic park”

Sergeant Jasper County Park
Reviewed 20 March 2013

This is a great park to rest, relax, and go hiking. It's also within 5 - 10 minutes from I-95 (with signs directing you to the park) so it's a great excuse to stop and stretch your legs after a long car trip. This park has a playground for the little ones, plus hiking trails, Frisbee golf, and fishing for the adults so this park has a little something for everyone.
When I was there, I was taking a break for the highway en route back home and I hiked one of the trails that circled one of the lakes at the park. Definitely put my mind at ease and made me forget that I was trying to get back home. So if you're traveling into SC from Savannah, GA, just drive five miles past the Welcome Center to Exit 8 and follow the signs

There are newer reviews for Sergeant Jasper County Park

Reviewed 9 November 2010

Why stop at welcome center or rest area when you can just as easily get off I-95 at Exit 8 in Hardeeville and in three minutes be in a beautiful park?

This county facility is a hidden gem. It's a great place to have a picnic, go fishing, or even play Frisbee golf along "The Sarge" disc golf course. They have a nice pavilion facility overlooking a pond, in addition to a playground area, covered picnic area, and a 1/2 mile walking trail that loops around the pond.

8  Thank beaufort-tiger