“Good Value, but Reservation Problems”

Red Roof Inn Hardeeville
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Hardeeville
Kernersville, NC
“Good Value, but Reservation Problems”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I traveled to Hardeeville for a special event, and reserved a handicapped-accessible room directly with the motel. On arrival, the check-in clerk told me that no accessible rooms were available. My choices were a ground floor, normal king room or to find another motel. The clerk clearly didn't care which choice I made. After being on the road all day, I just tried the normal king. Fortunately, the 3-wheel mobility scooter, used when I'm not wearing my prosthesis, was narrow and maneuverable enough to get around the room. However, the bathroom was difficult without grab bars, and the shower was inaccessible.

At check-out, a different clerk was extremely apologetic. Had she been on duty during check-in, I've no doubt that she'd have been more helpful. Her attitude added a point to my rating.

The room itself was a standard Interstate highway motel offering. Good points: it had been well cleaned, there were no bad odors, it had a refrigerator, microwave, iron and board, hairdryer, and coffee maker. There was also an in-room, key-operated safe. The key was probably available from the clerk, but was not offered at check-in. The air conditioner worked well and was quiet. Housekeeping had left it running, so the room was nice and cool on arrival.

The bed was fairly soft. I prefer a harder mattress, but this may be just fine for you.

The room was, however, slightly shabby - stains on the carpet, cracks in the sink, mildew in the sink caulking, rust starting on the bottom of the refrigerator door, etc.

Bottom line: the room, although well-used, had been nicely cleaned, and would represent good value for most travelers. However, those with special needs cannot apparently trust that they will be met, and may want to look at another property.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Graham, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Our family stayed here 1 night on our way from the Triad area of N.C. to The Villages in Florida. The room was clean and comfortable and the price was very affordable. The kids really enjoyed the pool.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This was the first night of what turned out to be a 15 day trip for my wife and I. She just recently retired and we decided to take an "open schedule" vacation, deciding the night before our arrival where we would go and what hotel we would book.
Red Roof Inn in Hardeeville was a pleasant surprise. Inexpensive, clean, rooms were nicely appointed, not the newest but nice. Staff was very nice including Dipesh who even helped my wife make her morning waffle! Nice job!

Room Tip: Good choice for a night or two. No problems!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This was the first night our rescued nine year old Yorkipoo stayed with us in a motel. The red roof Inn in Hardeeville, SC was a convenient and economical stop along Highway interstate 95. We were met by a friendly evening and morning staff. We were given a first floor room right by the dog walk. The room was dated but clean. The dog area was well-maintained. There were quite a few rooms which had dogs. All were leashed at all times and no dog was allowed in the office or pool area. Breakfast was standard fare with hot scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy (quite good), and waffles. Orange juice, milk, and coffee were available. Bedding was acceptable, wifi was complimentary, however a/c unit was pretty noisy. Being tired and sound sleepers, it wasn't a problem for us. I'd rate this a lower end Red Roof, but dogs are free and welcome and cost for the two double bed room was $55. For one night, suck it up and know what you are buying.

Room Tip: If your dog gets anxious with noises in "his area" you would be advised to get a 2nd floor...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
WV
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I HAD TO LEAVE IMMEDIATELY!! It was dirty, and not maintained at ALL! The bedlinens were soiled and torn. The dresser was literally falling apart. I have asthma and could not breathe in this horrifically unkemp room. Never will try a cheap hotel again!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank SKB1957
yjp715, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Hardeeville, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear SKB1957,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am so sorry to hear of your bad experience at our hotel.Please , If you would like to discuss this with me, I can be reached at nash_12399@yahoo.com or via telephone at 843-415-2026.So we can find out what room you stayed in and we can correct the issues that you had. Again, my sincerest apologies for the bad experience you encountered with the room.

Nashp,Red Roof Inn,Hardeeville,SC

Travellers are raving about these Hardeeville hotels

Galveston, Texas
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was disgusted with the conditions of this particular Red Roof Inn. They should close, remodel and then reopen. I've stayed at other RR properties and had pleasant experiences, but this property was awful. When I checked in and went to my first room, it was 1.5 hrs after check-in time and many rooms on the floor were not clean yet, including mine. The lady told me she would clean mine and it would only take 5 minutes. I knew I didn't want to stay in a hotel room that only had 5 minutes of cleaning done so I went back to the front desk to request a room that was already clean. They sent me to an exterior room and I had to jump over puddles of water in the breezeways and walkways just to get to the room, which was pretty gross. The room, which was supposedly a 'refreshed' room, looked so run down that had I not already prepaid for the room through Travelocity, I would have done an about face and left the hotel. But, since I already had money invested, I just tried to make the best of it and left to go see Savannah. When I came back to the hotel that night after a day of sight seeing, I walked into the room and saw the ugliest insect I've ever seen crawling on the floor. I screamed and then tried to step on it. After that, I knew I wasn't spending one night at that place. So, I took my suitcase and put it back in the car and slept in the back seat of my car out in the parking lot until it was daybreak. Then, I went to the front desk and told them that I slept in the car and I showed the front desk rep pictures of the insect and the nastiness of the room (yes, I took pics). I explained that I would rather lose out on the money I paid for a 2 night stay than spend 1 night at that hotel and I checked out and left. What makes it so bad, it was over Memorial day weekend, so I paid much higher rates for the room than what they normally charge. Yet, I still chose to leave, so that should tell you something. If you are at all concerned about the quality of a room when you choose a place to stay, please do not pick this hotel. You will be disappointed. If I could give it a zero rating, I would. Not sure who owns this property but they ought to be ashamed.

Room Tip: Here's a tip, keep driving and find a different hotel if you want to choose a good room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank frequenttravels69
yjp715, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Hardeeville, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hardeeville Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence. I again apologise for your stay the room that you stayed in,it was not supposed to be even rented.That room is not even renovated and accidently she gave you that room trying to accommodate you as quick as possible.I think being a new desk clerk she made a mistake. I wish you had mention the problem as soon as you walked in the room.And I tried to call you and left the message but nobody returned the phone call yet.

Nashp,GM Red Roof Inn,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed here with my Family, Red Roof Inn Hardeeville Stayed feel like a homestay, the luxurious accommodations and excellent facilities, including swimming pool & Gym, makes it feel more like an intimate resort type,If you're looking for a peaceful and enjoyable stay with family than this is the place, The location was great and the rooms were clean, I am strongly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hardeeville
Quality Inn & Suites Hardeeville
#3 of 12 in Port Wentworth
Sleep Inn I 95 North Savannah
Sleep Inn I 95 North Savannah
#8 of 12 in Port Wentworth

Been to Red Roof Inn Hardeeville? Share your experiences!