“YOU DID WHAT ?????”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Hardeeville
Cartersville, Georgia
“YOU DID WHAT ?????”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Surely by the title , I now have your attention....My wife and I were taking a mini vacation to Tybee Island and because it was kinda spur of the moment..we decided to find a motel away from the beach but close enough to drive to in 30 minutes...That way it wouldn't cost a fortune because after all we would be spending most of our time at Tybee Island and Savannah...
As far as the motel goes ....I've seen worse...But...That's not saying much....Heres the best part of this place....I kinda liked the breakfast....LOL....I think....After a few months...I'm still not sure about even THAT. I was soooooo looking forward to the two day vacation in April 2014...So I thought anyway...I ALMOST enjoyed the pool.....ALMOST.....It looked clean and clear....but was a little chilly....(NOT Red roofs fault..lol) .....it was quiet...no kids were jumping around...the sun was shining...could've been a good experience...BUT...There was a couple out there the two times we went swimming...I think they either lived there or worked there or were there so often that they felt they could do what ever they wanted...They had two maingy dogs out at the pool...Don't get me wrong ..I like dogs...just don't like them swimming in the pool that I'm in...I'm sure you can understand....As far as the room....The bed had either sand or dirt in it, which led me to believe it wasn't cleaned before we got there...floor was dirty too....The second night we were there...Thank God it was the last...It seems that a group of twenty-somethings decided to have a get together right outside our door...I'm guessing about 10 to 12 people...and they were loud and pretty much had no regard for anyone that happened to be asleep at 3:30 am....Needless to say ..That nights sleep was ruined....and that came after the first night of lost sleep because of very loud motorcycles riding up and down the parking lot at 1:00 am...But even all that I was willing to overlook thinking , Well maybe it wasn't that bad.....Until THIS...Here it is three months after we stayed there...We live in north west Georgia....My wife looks at her credit card statement...and it appears that we liked it so much that without us knowing...We must have drove 6 hours to stay there one night in July...LMAO....Are you frickin serious?.....I guess it slipped our minds...lol...I hope I had fun....I guess it must be Altzhiemers...LMAO....
Anyway....She called the Red Roof Inn, and they said they don't know how that happened and they would check in to it and get back to us....We're getting dust on us waiting for them to correct this issue....We reported this to the credit card company and they are investigating it, but it seems to me that if Red Roof Inn KNOWS they made a mistake...and ADMITTED it to us...Why would the credit card company still be investigating it....Unless they are STILL trying to get away with it.....Call it what you will....But MY definition of it is out right STEALING.....Its not like we weren't going to notice....It was the ONLY CHARGE on the card....We NEVER use it except to leave a deposit on a motel...UHHH DUHHHH !!!!!!......It just seems to me that a lot of places are doing these kinda scams on unsuspecting people...Rent their dingy rooms for a low price ...then months later (because they kept your information for FUTURE uses...) Charge you again later , Thinking you won't notice...As of JULY 28......We are STILL trying to clear this THEFT issue up.....As far as Red Roof Inn.....Well....My opinion is this....If one bad apple in your company does this....AND I KNOW I'M NOT THE FIRST FOR THIS TO HAPPEN TO....Then probably the other Red Roof Inn's do this to......So I'm guessin that the wonderful Red Roof Inn resort (lol) will NEVER get my lucky self to stay in their motel again....and I'm sure that after this review...they are probably glad...cause the last thing they want is for someone bring out the fact that they are thieves.....I really hope this helps the next weary vacationer from staying here...If not....then when you get your credit card statement...Don't say I didn't warn you ahead of time....Have a fantastic day...and a better tomorrow :)

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank wayne g

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Creepy dingy hotel. Lady at the desk was nice I have to admit. We were in an outside building across from the pool. Room was dark and uninviting . No carpet on the floor and soon found out I need to wear shoes at all times. Couldn't pay me to shower in the bathroom but my husband took one and said he felt like he was going to fall through the floor. Clock was set to the wrong time, batteries from remote didn't work so Called the desk and the lady gave me 2 out of a device she was using at the desk!!! Lights above beds wouldn't turn on so called the desk and was told to check if they were plugged in,...as I moved the center console away from the wall there was tons of dust bunnies and upon lifting the cord to see if it was plugged in hear a "shock"' kind of electric sound and magically the lights went. on. Just not a pleasant place to stay. Was I able to sleep? Yes, no problems, and I guess that's the whole idea, but i wouldn't stay again.

1 Thank mako222014

Travellers are raving about these Hardeeville hotels

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Conveniently located off exit 5 on interstate 95. Clean room, clean bath, flat screen TV, micro/fridge, iron, coffee maker, breakfast. This property is low budget but has all the basics plus a few extras for a low price. A few fast food pkaces nearby but nothing else in the small hamlet of Hardeeville. We would stay here again on a return trip.

Room Tip: Always look for a coupon in the interstate travel books found at welcone centers and always ask to s...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Marietta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We recently took a trip to Hilton Head Island, SC and we stayed at the Red Roof Inn in nearby Hardeeville. It was clean and cheap. We had adjoining rooms which was a plus! The staff got a lot of things confused at check in but overall it was average.The rooms also have refrigerators and microwaves. The trip to Hilton Head was a little longer than I wanted to travel but it was ok. The beach was great! It wasn't crowded and very family oriented plus the restrooms were easily accessible and parking was free.

1 Thank smsj_13
Oakland, Florida
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Our family stopped at this Red Roof location in route to Columbia. We stayed one night and the room was adequate, beds were fair and service was outstanding. We had a fridge and microwave in our room plus we could get lots of kids channels on the TV which has been rare at other hotels. The breakfast was really decent with the hot waffle maker and fresh coffee. We were also able to wash our clothes for a couple dollars. This was just what we needed to recharge our batteries for the long trip.

1 Thank De V
kissimmee
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The nice flooring felt good when walking in the room, the only thing they didnt put the flooring to the wall bad carpentry job which showed the old door molding. The toilet was next to door not much comfort, there was no ventilation or exaust so id you were taking a shower it would become a sauna. No plug to use the tub.. Ac unites were leaking in the sidewalks so you had a wet floor when you go into the room. The breakfast was from 6-9 sort of early to stop breakfast.usually they last till 10. They has waffles cereal coffee sausage egg patties county gravy mini muffins mini donut somekind of mini cinamon roll, pkgd grits and oatmeal. They had a pool didnt use it but it was clean water felt comfortable, Had a hottub but it was cold no idea if it worked. They didnt rush you out at checkout.. The staff was very friendly. The people were from India and went out of their way. BRING your alarm clock none in the room but wake up service did work.

Room Tip: book early places book fast in the surrounding area.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank npfla
Kernersville, NC
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I traveled to Hardeeville for a special event, and reserved a handicapped-accessible room directly with the motel. On arrival, the check-in clerk told me that no accessible rooms were available. My choices were a ground floor, normal king room or to find another motel. The clerk clearly didn't care which choice I made. After being on the road all day, I just tried the normal king. Fortunately, the 3-wheel mobility scooter, used when I'm not wearing my prosthesis, was narrow and maneuverable enough to get around the room. However, the bathroom was difficult without grab bars, and the shower was inaccessible.

At check-out, a different clerk was extremely apologetic. Had she been on duty during check-in, I've no doubt that she'd have been more helpful. Her attitude added a point to my rating.

The room itself was a standard Interstate highway motel offering. Good points: it had been well cleaned, there were no bad odors, it had a refrigerator, microwave, iron and board, hairdryer, and coffee maker. There was also an in-room, key-operated safe. The key was probably available from the clerk, but was not offered at check-in. The air conditioner worked well and was quiet. Housekeeping had left it running, so the room was nice and cool on arrival.

The bed was fairly soft. I prefer a harder mattress, but this may be just fine for you.

The room was, however, slightly shabby - stains on the carpet, cracks in the sink, mildew in the sink caulking, rust starting on the bottom of the refrigerator door, etc.

Bottom line: the room, although well-used, had been nicely cleaned, and would represent good value for most travelers. However, those with special needs cannot apparently trust that they will be met, and may want to look at another property.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hardeeville
Quality Inn & Suites Hardeeville
Days Inn & Suites - Savannah North I-95
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#3 of 12 in Port Wentworth

Been to Red Roof Inn Hardeeville? Share your experiences!