Ashley Lodge
US$73
US$75
US$73
Priceline
Days Inn St George(Saint George)
US$62
US$65
US$147
US$125
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed here years ago, and was NOT impressed, even left early. Because of work, I had to stay again not last week. I was thoroughly impressed with the turn around of the hotel. The manager, Ekina, was absolutely fantastic w/ accommodating any requests I had. Also, the staff, housekeepers which also work front desk at times, were cheerful, and full of energy!! They always had a smile, and willing to help with whatever was asked. The room had a flat screen tv, clean microwave, and clean mini fridge! All rooms have the same stuff as in microwave, and fridge, and 2 beds. The rooms look 1000 times better than last time. Last time it was a place out of a horror movie, but now it's welcoming, clean, and I will DEFINITELY recommend anyone to stay for a night, or long term! Long term they do housekeeping 3 times a week, so it's great for contractors that work at the plants! The hotel is VERY accommodating to needs of large groups of contractors that come in as groups. COMPLETELY WORTH THE STAY!!

Room Tip: All rooms are non smoking, except 2 in the whole lodge. Rooms, when you come in, on the right get sunlight all day, and rooms on the left gets shade..so if you work nights, request a room on the left to get minimal sunlight.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank David H
Ashley-Lodge, General Manager at Ashley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for your nice comments and also taking the time to submit them. We invest a lot of time in effort to train our team to ensure the highest level of personalized service. Its also nice to hear that you highlight out team members. Thank you again and we are looking forward to welcome you soon again.

Sincerly,

Reviewed 12 November 2012

My wife and I have been wanting to visit Charleston for a long time, but we never seemed to have a "large" budget for such a vactaction...mainly for the accomodations. But...when I scoured the web for nearby options, I found Ashley Lodge. What I saw intrigued me, so we decided to take a chance and stay. My daughter's name is Ashley, so that was a subconscious connection. When we arrived, we were greeted by the manager, Ekina. She was the most informative and gracious person I have EVER encountered at a hotel...let alone a small and indepently owned one! We also chose this place because each room had a microwave and refrigerator...this futher helped with lowering our budget by being able to have many meals in the room with food we had brougth with us. The drive to Summerville and Charleston are not really that far; besides, my wife and I are avid photographers and prefer to have plenty of driving time to find great photo opportunities...this is something that Ekina was very helpful with. Although the town of Harleyville has only three eateries, we found other close options as well. Surprisingly, we found Champs to be not only interesting, but the food was very good! What we found so perfect, since this was an anniversary trip, was the "personal" attention Ekina gave us. She brought us two chairs to put in front of our room for smoking and lounging purposes, and every morning there was fresh coffee for us to enjoy. NO...there was a "continental breakfast," or 100 channels of cable TV, or all of the other ammenities that the major chain hotels boast about...but, then, who really goes on vacation to watch TV? You can do that at home! And for the standard free breakfasts that my wife and I have encountered (even in expensive hotels) they have ALL left much to be desired; besides, we had our own breakfast in our room...one that WE chose and enjoyed in privacy. Bottom line: NEVER judge a book by its cover...it sounds cliche, but in this case (as well as with Champs), it just does NOT fit. On the contrary, I highly recommend that you give this place a stay and see for yourselves...just leave your past expectations behind and bring your open mind...then enjoy! Oh...and by the way...the two negative reviews, from what WE experienced, have abosolutely NO merit.

David and Heather from North Carolina

Room Tip: Close to the front of the building, facing the adjacent car wash. We had room 3 and loved it!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DavidandHeather1028

Thank you for your great comments! Thank you so much, our team and myself are looking forward to welcome you back again soon.

Sincerly

Reviewed 11 October 2012

We visited Ashley Lodge for a period of two weeks and could not have been more pleased with both the accommodations as well as the staff! I'll start off with the rooms they are impeccably well kept and decorated with a modern touch. The sheets were smooth and soft the down comforter was amazing!! Extremely spacious and well appointed furnishings and offer all the extra amenities to make you feel right at home! The staff pays attention to detail and always are so very courteous. The current manager Ekina is an absolute gem!! There are so many added touches that she has implemented making for a pleasant stay! After I'd already been gone for well over a week I called to ask her for a special favor to deliver a anniversary present to another guest not only did she not hesitate she went over and beyond to make it such a special surprise! The value of these accommodations are amazing simply amazing! I would most certainly recommend the Ashley Lodge to anyone who wishes to stay in a clean comfortable room that is staffed with professional courteous staff at a great value!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank SJOlive711

Thank you for taking the time to comment and thank you for the great reviews, we are always trying our best to give personalized service to all our guests. I like to welcome you back and are hoping to se you soon again. We enjoyed having you here.

Sincerly,

Reviewed 2 October 2012

I checked around all the area hotels, and thankfully found Ashley Lodge before I settled for a lesser place. The rooms are nicely appointed and decorated, the beds are some of the most comfortable I've slept in, the cleaning staff does their job well, and the little towel art and mints they leave for you on the bed are a charming touch. The new management is professional, knowledgable, helpful, and charming as well. Considering all the favorable traits of the Ashley Lodge, I would have expected the price to be higher than some of the undesirable hotels I visited in the area, but the price is as low as any around. This is a newly renovated hotel, under new management, and doing a great job of overcoming some negative history. I checked around and this was by far the best value in the area, and a pleasant place to spend the night.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Ronnie S
Reviewed 22 June 2011

This hotel made me really want to write a review so that anyone else seeing this will never stay in it. Please stay away from this place. When we arrived yesterday I was horrified. We tried to find a place near our research location and this place came up. We didn't know anything about it. As soon as I opened the door the smell that came from it was disgusting. There were flies all over my room. The carpet was disgusting, the beds were stained, the air was spitting out water into a tray on the floor. I then went to the restroom and decided against it. The toilet and shower were horrible. This place is a place that transients stay in and there were many of those coming in and out all night long in the rooms next to me.

Room Tip: Keep on going to a different place
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Brent A
Jeremy H, Director of Sales at Ashley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2012

The Ashley Lodge now has a new owner and is currently being completely gutted and remodeled. We sincerely hope that you and other past guests of our hotel give the newly remodeled Ashley Lodge another chance when we reopen in May 2012