“Pleasantly surprised!”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hartsville
North Augusta, South Carolina
“Pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Never seeing or hearing of the Landmark Inn I was a little reluctant about staying here. I must say I was pleasantly surprised to find a very friendly staff,affordable rates, very clean roomy rooms and an awesome bed! It is definitely dated but the few upgrades they have made (i.e. the beds) were great.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank doubleansc2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Surfside Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at the Landmark several times and I have always loved it. This visit, for the first time, we were put in one of the old, non- remodeled rooms. It was such a huge disappointment. The beds are very uncomfortable, the pillows were flat, the carpet needed to be restretched and had many cigarette burns from the days when it was a smoking room. The carpet wad worn so thin that the carpet tack strip in front of the bathroom door had tacks sticking through and they were very unpleasant when we unknowingly stepped on them barefoot. The hotel staff did come fix that the next day. The staff at the Landmark is wonderful and housekeeping does an incredible job. I would never say not to stay there. What I will say is that I will only stay if I can be guaranteed one of the remodeled rooms.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RebeccaL230
Lemont, Illinois
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My best friend & I stayed here for race weekend. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived but the front desk sent someone to clean the room right away and we didn't have to wait long at all. The staff was all very accommodating and the guy who worked the front desk for check in/out during race weekend was very personable (and cute). The area included plenty of restaurants and a Wal-Mart and that hotel included a continental breakfast. And if we could of we would of taken the pillows and beds home with us because they were extremely comfortable. This is the second year in a row I've stayed at the Landmark Inn for the race and I will continue to do so in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 14 April 2014

5 of us stayed there for the Darlington race weekend. Got there about Noon on Friday and rooms weren't ready, but check in is at 3:00. Front desk called the cleaning staff and sent them to clean our rooms, so we were in our rooms by 12:30. Very accommodating. Good continental breakfast. Many eating establishments and stores nearby. Very convenient. If we go to the race next year, will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This lace definitely caters to the golfing tournaments and groups that come through. Most people I met at the hotel were there to golf (of course, the courses are great!), but I was there to visit my brother at College. This hotel has seemingly been renovated on the exterior and some room amenities, but the bathrooms are somewhat outdated, but that's ok.
I have to start with the positives. The beds and pillows were EXTREMELY comfortable. Could not ask for better. Cleaning staff was friendly. Microwave, fridge, coffee maker and hair dryer in room, as well as a nice continental breakfast (waffles, bagels, cereal, add-water oatmeal/grits and poptarts, coffee, bananas, yogurt and granola bars). Pool is lovely, in the middle of the compound instead of out near the parking lot was a plus.
Now my room was double booked and i had to move from a queen to double room on my last night, and it seemed nobody wanted to call management despite my reservation, why should i have to call management when the office staff should? In the second room the bathroom fan didn't work. In both rooms I was placed close to the laundry/staff room, so at 7:00am every morning the cleaning/groundskeeping staff would visit and chat loudly right infront of my door. This wouldn't have been a problem if I was a golfer, because these rooms were also right beside the ice machine, and all the golfer's were up at 6:00am filling their coolers at this time and yammering all over and across the compound in the morning. Despite putting a "do not disturb" sign on the door,suffice it to say that my sleeps were not very restful. I flew across the country, so 6-7am was like 4-5am for me.
So if there was one thing i could suggest besides not overbooking my reservation, that the management enforce some respect and courtesy to keep the hotel quiet in the early morning.
Other than those two things, I would probably still recommend the hotel budget wise and the beds were awesome.

Room Tip: Single bed rooms are in a compound farther from the office and pool (probably also quieter, as a sta...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hernando, Mississippi
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Had a great feeling about Landmark as soon as I met the clerk at the front desk as I got a very cheerful welcome to The Landmark Inn. In fact, all employees at the front desk have a degree of customer excellence. Our room and the motel itself was very clean and quiet,,, what more could you ask for? Had a great 3 day stay and plan on staying there again very soon. If you play golf,,, ask for Lisa.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Orlando
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at the Landmark Inn and prefer it over the other choices in town. It is an older two story property that was built in the 70's but do not be put off by it. The rooms are bigger than the rooms in newer hotels and are cheaper, even with a reasonable $15 pet charge added. Our room had new carpeting and the beds have memory foam which made for a great nights sleep. The Continental breakfast was good. The bathroom was clean and up to date. The hotel is on the edge of town, but this is a small town so everything is close. Overall, a great value and we are coming back in a month to visit our daughter again at the local college. Try breakfast (or lunch or dinner) at Ruth's Drive In, which opened in 1945.For biscuits and gravy you can choose between milk gravy, sausage gravy or brown gravy. You know you are in the deep south when there are three gravy choices.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hartsville
Fairfield Inn Hartsville
Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center
Hotel Florence
Hotel Florence
#1 of 41 in Florence

Been to The Landmark Inn? Share your experiences!