Heron Point by Pete Dye at Sea Pines Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: After a multimillion-dollar reconstruction project in 2007, The Sea Pines Resort is pleased to introduce its newest must-play course, Heron Point by Pete Dye. Designed by legendary course architect Pete Dye, Heron Point is nothing short of a modern work of art, the centerpiece of any Hilton Head Island golf vacation.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This Dye redesign is a great layout. Great traditional Dye features, railroad ties, moguls, waste bunkering, etc. Shot makers course that is fair, but can be intimidating if you are off your game. Loved it. Will be playing again.

3  Thank Martin C

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I played Heron Point for the first time a few days ago, and it was one of my favorite golf experiences. I come from Raleigh a few times a year and usually play Long Cove, but because I had my young grandson I wanted to find somewhere more family friendly. The course was in great shape, but the staff was excellent. The young man in the pro shop was very friendly and helped my grandson find a new glove and shirt. While on the course we ran into the superintendent, a young man named Lawrence, who watched my grandson hit several balls into a lake. He gave us maybe a dozen balls out of his cart, and also spoke to me for a couple minutes, about the course and answering some questions I had. It truly felt like being a member at a private club. He was very knowledgeable and extremely polite, despite answering my many questions. Sea Pines, and especially Heron Point have earned my return business as well as selling it to my fellow golfers. Very tough course, but one great experience.

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

One of my favorite courses in the area. Very much a test from the tips. 11 a 600yd + par 5 w water around a dog leg and 18 a monster water lined par 5 stand out. Greens were in good shape and the course was most enjoyable.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Excellent course and beautifully done. Really enjoyable yet a challenge.
The clubhouse is under renovation and should look spectacular shortly.
If in Hilton Head definitely book a tee time.

1  Thank hungry_eye
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Great layout. I played 7 different courses on hilton head, only 1 in Sea Pines. This is the only course that actually had grass in the rough instead of silt and sand.

Best greens on the Island. Course was well marked and manicured. It was worth a little extra money compared to the other courses because of its condition.