“Helpful!!!”

Hilton Head Outfitters
Ranked #1 of 45 Shopping in Hilton Head
More attraction details
Owner description: Hilton Head Outfitters provides equipment rentals for fun-filled Hilton Head Island adventures, like biking, kayaking, canoeing, and fishing, that the whole family can enjoy. We are located inside Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort and situated right on the banks of an 11 mile lagoon.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We rented a place in Palmetto Dunes that already had a ton of bikes, so we didn't have to rent bikes for our family. But on our way back from a bike ride, my mom noticed that her seat had been really loose. David, the manager, not only fixed her seat but adjusted it to her height-- free of charge! If we ever need to rent bikes in Hilton Head, we will definitely go here!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The office staff was very helpful setting up the lesson, and I found them courteous and prompt to return calls.

The surf instructor is great, really enthusiastic and knew his stuff. Conditions on the water weren't ideal but I learned lots about safety, paddling and positioning for take off on the wave. Emphasis was on fun! and I think he was more excited than I was when I got a good ride.

I'd definitely want to surf some more!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Everything we needed was right there , awesome associates , been going there 10 years and will be back next year. Thanks

1  Thank Stevea1a
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I decided to take my three boys fishing after reading the positive reviews on tripadvisor. I was a bit taken aback about the price, $365 for three hours, but figured for the boat upkeep and professional guide it must be about right. My first surprise was the boat. A 17 foot skiff with a 4 mph electric motor. So my thoughts of expensive boat upkeep were thrown right out. But I stayed positive. We came to fish and that would be the deciding factor. Well that was a complete bust. Our guide Stacy was very nice and seemed to know a lot. But there were no fish biting. And I mean none. Three hours and the the only fish we caught were the ones right behind the outfitters using shrimp. These were little fish less than six inches long. Otherwise not even one nibble. When booking the trip I asked the woman on the phone if the fishing would be any better in the morning or afternoon and she said anytime was good. Well sounds like from Capt Stacy that morning is definitely better but we had gone in the afternoon. One more small but notable thing, Capt. Stacy smoked. He never asked me if it was okay to do so in front of me or my kids. But he smoked at least five times. He did a good a job he could keeping the smoke away from us, but I was surprised he didn't ask us. I have an asthmatic condition and really didn't feel good about him doing this in front if my kids. The bottom line is that you should know what you are getting before you go. I understand you can't predict the fish biting. But I write this up just so others know what to expect when they go. You may get an incredibly expensive boat ride around the lagoon on a 17'skiff, or the fishing experience of a lifetime. Unfortunately for my three boys they got the boat ride :(

1  Thank Alaina K
PalmettoDunes, Manager at Hilton Head Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

We are so sorry to hear about your experience with Captain Stacy on the lagoon system at Palmetto Dunes. Of course, we can't guarantee that the fish will cooperate, but smoking in front of guests (especially kids) is not something the management here condones or approves of. We thank you for bringing it to our attention so we can address it.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My daughter took a private surfing lesson a couple of days ago. The lesson was excellent. The pro, Byron, really knew what he was doing. He is a very good teacher. The lessons are not cheap, but then again it's the kind of thing you only do once or twice. Highly recommend to anyone who has a child interested in surfing. The waves are small at Hilton Head so it is very safe. You can't get up very often or for very long but that works fine for beginners. She'll be ready for our next Florida trip!