We loved our recent stay with this Westin Starwood property. While there for one night, it was very relaxing. Others have mentioned that this Westin treats SPG Platinum members very well-- our instance was no exception.
We arrived fairly late in the evening, and upon check-in, were upgraded to a suite for being platinum members (not to mention free valet parking-- please leave a tip for excellent valet staff!). Awesome experience. The food at Oceans is great, and the beach is extremely nice.
-Suite upgrade (very impressed)
-Renovations, really nice atmosphere
-Staff friendly overall (Patricia is one of the best hotel representatives I have ever met, and I travel extensively)
-Food at Oceans restaurant/bar was very good
-Beautiful, uncrowded beach
-Room was spotless and incredibly clean
Points for improvement:
-While it is understandable, we wished the hot tub was always open, or would stay open until midnight at the very least.
-We were looking forward to watching a late college football game all day (our alma mater) but found the specific channel was not working. Hotel staff said it couldn't be fixed at the time and apologized, but we really would have appreciated breakfast or extra Starpoints for the inconvenience.
-Took a morning stroll around the property and found used towels strewn around the pool area. Area had not been cleaned. Not a big deal but our impression of the area would have been even higher had we not seen this.
Overall, a very enjoyable stay. If we can get upgraded to an even larger suite (suite night awards, anyone?), we will definitely be back in the near future for a weekend stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our delightfuly renewed 416 room oceanfront resort revitalized in a "coastal chic" style. Guests can relax on our sandy white beaches, unwind in the Heavenly Spa, and enjoy our championship golf and tennis. Seven dining venues offer creative cuisine inspired by our local seafood and sustainable ingredients. Every inch of our beach resort has been refreshed. Our newly designed resort lobby welcomes our guests with a botanical conservatory and our two-story "living wall" vertical garden. Our guest rooms offer the latest Westin comfort elements including the Heavenly Bed in soothing coastal palettes. Our baths feature the new Heavenly Shower with dual vanities and backlit mirror. All new outdoor plush furniture and firepits have been placed throughout the nooks nd crannies of our expanded beachfront and poolside decking. We offer incomparable ways for our guests to retreat, connect, or entertain amidst naturally beautiful surroundings. The natural beauty of the South Carolina Coast, the myriad of land and sea activities available, and the sheer variety of golf and recreation options on our island, allows us to offer truly memorable experiences to our guests - now at an all new luxury resort property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort And Spa
- The Westin Hilton Head Island Hotel Hilton Head