My wife and I booked the Westin the first weekend in May between Spring Break and School Graduations to avoid the summer crowds. It appeared that many of the guests were there for weddings and business meetings. The hotel appears to excel catering to both areas as well as vacation guests. It was obvious that the building and landscaping underwent considerable renovations and was first class in most every detail.
Valet parking is available as well as self-parking located in front and under the building. We had requested a Premium Ocean Front on the fifth floor in a quiet area and assigned the same. The check-in line was a little slow, although I would contribute it to the guest lingering more than to the hotel staff. Once at the counter, my check-in time was rather quick and pleasant.
Our room was very modern, well-appointed, very clean and had a great view. Closet space was more than adequate. The balcony had two chairs and table made of a black woven vinyl that was comfortable and nice looking. The king bed and mattress were great and had multiple lighting options. The bathroom had dual sinks and the shower / tub had dual shower heads. One concern I had was that the bathtub floor was slippery and even with a safety bar on the wall you needed to be careful not to slip. The TV had a nice size flat panel with an “analog” signal. With most people use to HDTV that is not a great combination but it was watchable for the Kentucky Derby. Also, there is “techno” clock radio (iHome) that accommodates Bluetooth, USB and docking but I could never figure it out and did not ask.
The in-room furniture included a refrigerator that kept the temperature consistent and cold but no microwave in the room to warm up coffee. (A small coffee maker is provided in the room). The Wi-Fi in the room was adequate for both of our iPhones. I really liked the room floor on the entrance area and bathroom. It was a faux wood that cleans well and nice to walk on. However, I was disappointed in the HVAC noise. The fan motor made an annoying rattle, especially on cooling. Since the weather was unseasonably cool, and we are light sleepers, we ended up leaving the AC on off the entire time and opening the patio door for sleeping. To be fair, I did not call the desk for maintenance based on past experience of either multiple interruptions or changing rooms (neither of which we wanted). My suggestion would be to turn on the HVAC when arriving (before unpacking to evaluate the noise). Most likely your room will be fine or some people won’t care and can sleep through it. Overall the room was great and clean. The housekeeping service was terrific.
The outdoor pool area was magnificent with Trex like decking and cool looking and comfortable lounge furniture. The food and drink service staff was efficient but not overbearing for a relaxed atmosphere. The landscaping was lush and evidence why multiple wedding were booked at the Westin.
In summary, this is a great place and the staff could not have been more accommodating. I would recommend this Westin and plan to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our delightfuly renewed 416 room oceanfront resort revitalized in a "coastal chic" style. Guests can relax on our sandy white beaches, unwind in the Heavenly Spa, and enjoy our championship golf and tennis. Seven dining venues offer creative cuisine inspired by our local seafood and sustainable ingredients. Every inch of our beach resort has been refreshed. Our newly designed resort lobby welcomes our guests with a botanical conservatory and our two-story "living wall" vertical garden. Our guest rooms offer the latest Westin comfort elements including the Heavenly Bed in soothing coastal palettes. Our baths feature the new Heavenly Shower with dual vanities and backlit mirror. All new outdoor plush furniture and firepits have been placed throughout the nooks nd crannies of our expanded beachfront and poolside decking. We offer incomparable ways for our guests to retreat, connect, or entertain amidst naturally beautiful surroundings. The natural beauty of the South Carolina Coast, the myriad of land and sea activities available, and the sheer variety of golf and recreation options on our island, allows us to offer truly memorable experiences to our guests - now at an all new luxury resort property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort And Spa
- The Westin Hilton Head Island Hotel Hilton Head