My husband and I have been going to HHI for 15 years! We originally stayed at the Westin, but over the years started to stay at the Omni, formerly Hilton. So we wanted to really compare the two. I stayed at the Omni a few weeks later on a girls trip. In my opinion two best resorts. The Westin is nicer on the inside, grand lobby, indoor hallways, amazing rooms, the heavenly bed is just that! I love the outdoor dark wood and the outdoor furniture is so comfortable! Great pool chairs!! The outdoor bar is really nice again lots of places to hang out and enjoy the beautiful surroundings. There is a small kids pool, really one main pool, but it is large and never seemed overcrowded. The food by the pool was good, the chicken wrap, with apples and nuts was great! We have a tradition which is after dinner walk on the beach, the stars are amazing! Then we hit the pool and hot tub. I love night swimming. This was an issue, we were not making any noise, at all, but the night security acted like we were criminals!! No joke, I saw him do it twice, he was aggressive and literally kicked us out!! . Actually aggressive is putting it mildly. So on our last night, we were the only ones swimming about 10pm, not making a sound and he came over and starting yelling at us. I did tell him it was ridiculous as people were all around the fire pits and pool area drinking and having a great time. We were floating around a huge pool, there were no complaints I assure you, and there was no reason to make it a federal case. Was I at the Westin or a Motel 6?? First time that has ever happened. When I was at the Omni on a girls trip we swam every night with instance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on Hilton Head Island's famous white sand beaches and nestled amidst swaying palmetto trees, The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa offers travelers a lush tropical oasis. Enjoy the array of inspired amenities available at our Hilton Head Island resort, including private access to miles of pristine beaches, three beautiful swimming pools and four on-site restaurants. Children will love spending time at the Westin Family Kids Club, while you can escape to the Heavenly Spa by Westin™ for a rejuvenating massage. We also offer hotel guests access to the adjacent Port Royal Golf & Racquet Club for championship golf and tennis. All guestrooms feature the Westin Heavenly Bed® and double-vanity Heavenly Bath®, as well as a private balcony, many of which boast stunning ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort And Spa
- The Westin Hilton Head Island Hotel Hilton Head