Pros: 1. It is a beautiful resort in a great location.
2. The pool area is very nice and there are plenty of comfortable chairs. There are also a few showers to wash your feet from the sand as you enter the pool area.
3. The rooms are updated and spacious. I had no complaints at all with the room, except the balcony looked out to pretty much nothing.
4. I was on the 1st floor (which I am normally not a fan of), but that is a good place to stay at this resort, as it provided very quick beach access and you didn't have to deal with the elevator.
5. You can rent an umbrella and chairs right in front of the resort, as well as many different things from the resort pool area.
Cons: 1. The staff is very friendly, but you can tell they are inexperienced. They do not seem to understand the rewards program (the late checkout benefit, the platinum gift, upgrades, etc.). You could go to 4-5 different people at the front desk and get 4-5 different answers for the same question. Also, I was a little disappointed to get a room with absolutely no view at all as I have been a platinum guest for the past 5 years.
2. Food was overpriced (as expected on the resort), and the service was slow. I waited 25 minutes for a waiter to even come to the table at Splash (and I had to let them know I haven't been served).
3. Parking was horrendous. They offer valet parking, which is 17 dollars a night to park in the same garage as the self parking (which is included in the amenity fee). Since they mark a number of spots as valet only (many that remain empty), they do not have enough spots for those who want to park their own cars. People are parked illegally all over the property. I think some people even start parking in valet only spots in hopes of not getting towed.
I would stay at this resort again, but I would hope they would improve on some of the things they listed above.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on Hilton Head Island's famous white sand beaches and nestled amidst swaying palmetto trees, The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa offers travelers a lush tropical oasis. Enjoy the array of inspired amenities available at our Hilton Head Island resort, including private access to miles of pristine beaches, three beautiful swimming pools and four on-site restaurants. Children will love spending time at the Westin Family Kids Club, while you can escape to the Heavenly Spa by Westin™ for a rejuvenating massage. We also offer hotel guests access to the adjacent Port Royal Golf & Racquet Club for championship golf and tennis. All guestrooms feature the Westin Heavenly Bed® and double-vanity Heavenly Bath®, as well as a private balcony, many of which boast stunning ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort And Spa
- The Westin Hilton Head Island Hotel Hilton Head