We recently stayed at the Westin Hilton Head for 4 nights for a family vacation. We came back after a brief stay last year because the property was beautiful, clean, and family-friendly. We chose a Carolina Suite for the added space for our children to play and to have meals inside the hotel room. The living space was large enough for our children to play on the floor, and we had a mini fridge for quick breakfasts and snacks.
We also loved the easy access to the beach from our room and the three different types of pools for our children to play in (covered, small shallow pool, and a large pool).
The concierge was helpful in finding rainy-day options and for helping us find off-site family friendly activities.
The rooms were very clean and the housekeeping and room service staff were excellent.
There are a couple of things that could be better as a four-star property:
* Better front door service. It seems like the staff at the driveway are ready to help if you are valet parking the car or when you're checking in/out, but for everyday reasons. On a couple of occasions, I was carrying multiple bags and walking with a toddler, and none of the front door staff offered to help me carry the bags into the hotel. No one offered to put the bags on a cart or help me to my room.
* Better Kids' Menu options - I wished the kids' menu offered additional items that would be more palatable to younger kids. Cobb salad, turkey wraps, etc. may tempt some preschoolers, but not mine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our delightfuly renewed 416 room oceanfront resort revitalized in a "coastal chic" style. Guests can relax on our sandy white beaches, unwind in the Heavenly Spa, and enjoy our championship golf and tennis. Seven dining venues offer creative cuisine inspired by our local seafood and sustainable ingredients. Every inch of our beach resort has been refreshed. Our newly designed resort lobby welcomes our guests with a botanical conservatory and our two-story "living wall" vertical garden. Our guest rooms offer the latest Westin comfort elements including the Heavenly Bed in soothing coastal palettes. Our baths feature the new Heavenly Shower with dual vanities and backlit mirror. All new outdoor plush furniture and firepits have been placed throughout the nooks nd crannies of our expanded beachfront and poolside decking. We offer incomparable ways for our guests to retreat, connect, or entertain amidst naturally beautiful surroundings. The natural beauty of the South Carolina Coast, the myriad of land and sea activities available, and the sheer variety of golf and recreation options on our island, allows us to offer truly memorable experiences to our guests - now at an all new luxury resort property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort And Spa
- The Westin Hilton Head Island Hotel Hilton Head