“Crowded, good food”
Review of WiseGuys

WiseGuys
Reserve with OpenTable
WiseGuys is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 367 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Price range: US$1 - US$35
Cuisines: Steakhouse, American, Wine Bar
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Merchant Street
Knox
“Crowded, good food”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Great atmosphere. Excellent choice in small plates. However wine was left much to be desired. Seating was uncomfortable in the lounge area.

Visited July 2014

“Over priced slow service for average food”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We went to wise guys based on the high reviews . The place looked decent however the service is too slow . It took 1.5 hours to get our plates . The food is ok not great . In my opinion it's highly over priced . Steaks at outback seem to us of better taste and better service . It was good to try it because we like to try always but now we know where NOT to go for steak .

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Very good dinner!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We went to WiseGuys because "Dinner for 2" was included with our Marriott room. When our waiter learned that we were there on a dinner "voucher" - it seemed that his attitude changed and we were kind of ignored. He did rally a bit - and the dinner was very good. Seems to me that WG should take the opportunity to impress parties that come in on a dinner voucher - rather than snub them. The mixed grill and the steak were very good as was the beet & chopped salad. The bread pudding was amazing. We would return to WG - but wish we had had a better first impression.

Seattle, Washington
“Great food and wine selection!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Enjoyed visiting this restaurant on our first night in HHI. Great wine selection, weren't disappointed with our decisions! Shrimp and grits- different than most in the south, but still delicious. Filet mignon, cooked just perfectly and was delicious- even without a serving sauce! Decent wait time without reservations, but overall a pleasant experience!

Arlington, Virginia
“What's Not To Like?”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Their trademark: "Big Wines. Small Plates. Signature Entrees." This signage caught my eye while we dined next door at Frankie Bones at lunch. I wasn't sure what to make of it. I've learned to exercise portion control, but a promise of "small plates" raised an eyebrow and resulted in much contemplation. Fortunately, the Internet is just a few taps away on my iPhone, so I conducted some research. "Unique to the island for its casual yet sophisticated urban feel...see-and-be-seen hot spot...hand cut Stock Yard steaks that are aged a minimum of 28 days for maximum flavor and tenderness in every bite." OK. Now my curiosity was peaked. I am a filet mignon fiend, and I wanted to treat my sister and niece to a fine dining experience. Later, I called to book a reservation. I ordered a filet mignon. My guests ordered chicken and fish dishes. I was not disappointed, and my guests were impressed. Nothing like this in our rural hometown. The food. The presentation. The service. The ambiance. What's not to like?

Visited April 2014