“Bartender Noelle is the BEST”

The Skull Creek Boathouse
Ranked #27 of 392 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Price range: US$8 - US$35
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Hilton Head Island’s landmark, waterfront dining destination is The Skull Creek Boathouse. Located waterfront on Skull Creek, you’ll enjoy beautiful views whether you choose to dine indoors on the porch or fireside Dive Bar or outdoors on the waterfront deck. The outside Buoy Bar serves up colorful sunset views daily along with the freshest original drinks.So bring your family, bring your friends, bring yourself to Skull Creek Boathouse – One bite & you’re hooked!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We came in for lunch and ordered the Blackened Steak Flatbread (on today’s specials). It had shishito peppers, seared beef tips, roasted tomatoes (I could go on an on, so much flavor). We sat at their outside bar with Noelle who is simply a pleasure!

skullcreekboathouse, Owner at The Skull Creek Boathouse, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

We love Noelle, and are happy to hear that her Coastal Hospitality has been recognized! Thank you for the kind words Stephen, we will share this with her asap!

Write a ReviewReviews (8,197)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Skull Creek boathouse never disappoints. Great food, great service, fun area including areas for kids to play, and a great outside bar with wonderful views of the water.

That really is the ultimate compliment. Thank you so much for the kind words! We strive to be the best that we can be, always improving and growing. We are happy that you feel this way, and appreciate your review.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was excited to try this restaurant. I always do my research ahead of time, and was looking forward to a wonderful meal. Sadly, that was not what our party of 7 received. It was raining when we arrived and I was told the wait would be an hour and 15 minutes. I expected that since I had read how busy they get. We waited about an hour and 10 minutes and then received the text that our table was ready. Yay! However when we got to the hostess stand we were told we could take a table outside or wait another 45 to sit inside. I explained that we had already waited the time we had been quoted, but was told those were our only options. Now sitting outside would have been fine if it hadn't just rained. So we took the table outside and all got our pants wet. Thankfully, it didn't rain anymore. Not sure what they would have done with us if the sky had opened up halfway through dinner. To top it off, the food wasn't even very good. My son and I had fried shrimp and my son-in-law had a fried seafood platter. All of our fried items were on the soggy side. Nothing was crispy at all. Very disappointing! The hushpuppies were good, but we didn't like the spicy butter at all.

Thank you for your honest feedback. We will address your concerns with our team, and use your review as a valuable tool to improve. We encourage you to visit us again the next time that you are on HHI. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to grow.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Activities for the kids while you wait. My kids did tshirts for 12$ each and loved it. Outside bar and music keeps you entertained. The staff is wonderful and friendly. We had Marco this time and he was awesome! Everything was right with our order and food. They have a great souvenir shop too!

Thank you for sharing your experience with Tripavisor. We are happy that your kids participated in our nightly kids activities as well! Thank you Dawn, and hope to see your family in again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Wanted to visit this waterfront restaurant and check out the working boathouse next door. The location and every thing about the place is very cool. I was not impressed with the brunch..food was very average on what seemed like a slow Saturday morning. Was hoping for the Buffett but that is only served on Sunday. Service was poor mostly because our waiter was much more interested in watching Mexico in the World Cup game on the bar TV than waiting on tables. Maybe we picked a bad morning, but with so many other great options on Hilton Head I probably won't return. Looks like a great spot but I left disappointed

We appreciate your feedback Bruce, and your concerns will be addressed with our team. We do encourage you to give us another try the next time you are on HHI.