“So SWEET!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Detroit, Michigan
“So SWEET!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

We were lured in by the clever name. And I am so glad we checked it out. Upon first appearance the bakery did not look like much. And at 8:30pm (they close at 9pm) on a rainy Wednesday night there were not too many choices left (although we started in a line and there was a line up behind us.. I am sure they were sold out by 8:45pm). I have had some great cupcakes from other places and I believe this was one of the best cup cakes EVER! My husband and I each chose a flavor and shared with each other- the Black Bottom (cheese cake frosting, chocolate chips) and the Sweet Georgia Brown( pound cake with brown sugar and pecans and peach). So yummy! My husbands complaint was that the frosting was too sweet... really?!?! That is why I say they are the best EVER!! I hope to go back before we leave. And it is a rare find for a $3.50 cupcake to be worth it and it was. (the packaging is pretty cheap... placing two cupcakes in a paper wrapper in a bag didn't seem like a great idea, so we asked for a box)

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Florida
“Great cupcakes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

After discovering Sweet Carolina we ended up visiting three times throughout the week. Great flavors and excellent taste. They have a rotating flavor schedule every day which is great because each day there's something different!

Visited August 2013
Burnsville, North Carolina
“Different Day = Different Cupcake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Visited here several times over the past couple months and it seems we always come on the same day-Saturday. Unfortunately only certain cupcakes are offered each day of the week and have not been able to try some of the other flavors which seem interesting. Be sure to check out their menu online before visiting to see what is available that day.

While they make a good variety of cupcakes, only 7 or 8 are available on a given day-4 of which are standards offered everyday. I've tried 4 of the Saturday ones thus far and the white choc raspberry one is the best I've had. I recommend it. The sweet carolina cupcake is also pretty good. The cookies and cream one seemed hard and stale, but i might have just gotten an old one. The classic choc was just average.

This place is certainly worth a visit while staying in Hilton Head. Base your visit date on the online menu so you can be sure to try the flavor that most appeals to you.

• Visited July 2013
Anderson, South Carolina
“Great place for ice cream alternative...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Our group of 6 stopped by after dinner to grab some dessert. There were about 8 types of cupcakes offered, as well as whoppie pies... All were very good and unique in flavors. This is a great alternative to the numerous, expensive ice cream shoppes on the island. Well worth the cost and definitely should be tried.

Visited August 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent cupcakes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

During my family's stay in Hilton Head we had to stop and try a few. We love cupcakes! We sampled a peanut butter cup, a snickerdoodle, and a raspberry zinger. My favorite was the peanut butter cup because the cake wasn't too sweet and the frosting was perfectly decadent and creamy. The raspberry zinger had a very tasty jam inside and the cake was excellent. The snickerdoodle was too sweet for me but still tasty once I removed about half the frosting. The cake texture of all the cupcakes was tender and moist. The price is a little steep at $3.50 a cupcake but I think you'll find it's worth it!

• Visited July 2013