“A Comfortable Week at the Beach”

Review of Green Heron 24

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Premiegir...
Oakmont, Pennsylvania
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 17 September 2012 for a stay in June 2012

We stayed in this home this past summer and we were very disappointed. We have been vacationing in Sea Pines for the past 20 years and we have stayed in many different homes and this is the only home I have ever been disappointed with. The first floor (entrance) had a very bad musty/mold/urine smell especially in the bathroom. The handles on the sliding glass doors were falling off the door and barely kept the door closed. The carpet throughout the house was badly stained. The railing for the stairs leading to the second floor was loose and wobbly. The stairs themselves were uneven and very easy to trip on. The refrigerator was rust stained all down the front . The bathrooms were outdated and very very small. The deck that lead from the kitchen out to the pool area was covered in black ?mold? and when it got wet from rain or wet feet became very slippery and several of the children fell on the steps. I never called to complain because I really couldn't imagine how they could fix the problems (clean the carpet? fumigate the 1st floor? power wash the deck? ) without intruding on our vacation. So I figured that because it was relatively inexpensive (Although $5000/wk isn't THAT cheap) I would just chalk it up to a bad choice and try to enjoy the week. The ironic thing is that on my drive home I got a call from the rental agency (Goode Vacations) accusing us of breaking the glass on the stovetop (which was one of the few things in the house that wasn't broken) and wanting to know WHY we had not called about the leaking shower. I was so shocked about being accused of breaking the stove top that I didn't think to say what I should have, which is that the entire house is in disrepair and if I had called to complain about all of the things wrong with the house the shower would have been much lower on the list !! Oh well, so much for trying not to be a complainer. The positives are that the pool was nice (but the hot tub/spa wasn't heated unless you paid extra) and the house was close to the ocean. The kitchen was also well equipped. Definitely won't be a repeat guest of the house or the agency.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Proximity to ocean
Liked least: House in serious disrepair
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Ohio
Reviewed 14 July 2010 for a stay in June 2010

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 55-64
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Urbana Illinois
Reviewed 8 July 2010 for a stay in June 2010

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with teenagers
Your age range 65+
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
FL
Reviewed 22 October 2009 for a stay in October 2009

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing