“Expected better”

Ranked #35 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

As what I would call myself a bbq enthusiast. I eat bbq where ever I travel and compete all across the Midwest. this place was not what I expected. For being part of the SergGroup, I've heard great things about their restaurants so I wanted to try for myself as I do any new bbq place in an area I haven't been to. Food was average and service was well below par. Atmosphere was pretty good, but if you want solid bbq, try Bullies BBQ up the road, even my 5 year old daughter agreed that his bbq and service were much better. He takes great pride in all he serves and each customer is treated like the next, really well.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,533)

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Lots of food and good service, low prices. Great if you need to pick up the bill for large groups. Plenty of TV's to watch, and they have a bar.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

So, we're from the north and wanted BBQ food. We love ribs and with the exception of a chain restaurant, we really don't have any options for ribs, so while on the road - ribs r' us.

I won't repeat the other reviews as I think they're pretty accurate when it comes to the ribs. They are tender, the sauce was decent so overall they're fine (my wife also agrees). Would I go out of our way to have some - no. I'll likely try another place. I didn't find their pricing at around $24 expensive. Most rib places I've been too have prices at $22 for a full rack, so no complaints there.

Their wings however, were excellent. We had their sweet and spicy wings - a dozen and they were excellent. I'd go out of my way for those.

We liked the area because you have a group of restaurants to choose from making dinner selection if you're not sure what you want, easy to do. The week were were there the weather was perfect, no humidity so sitting outside was great. To top it off there was a musician that added to the atmosphere and he was quite good - we tipped him.

My only complaint is that I ordered a local brewed beer. I like trying local beers and the price was $6.00 vs the regular draft my wife ordered at $3.50. One, a local brew shouldn't be more expensive than commercial draft beers but more importantly, I wasn't told there was a price difference and to add to that the waitress implied she hadn't known that. To be honest, a $3.50 difference isn't the end of the world but it detracts from good service and places a small dark cloud over what was a nice evening out.

Our above average rating is based on great wings, good ribs and good weather and music. Sometimes everything lines up just right.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Their BBQ ribs are the best around. They are so good...they just fall off the bone! The BBQ sauce is to die for! We winter on HHI and visit OHM several times while we are there. My mouth is drooling just writing about them!! Have to wait until next winter before indulging again.
Wish they were here in NJ.
Lorraine R

Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you are looking for the best barbecue on Hilton Head Island Look no further than One Hot Mamas. This is the best I have enjoyed anywhere. As a matter of fact, I am returning there tonight.

Their Ribs and Brisket are cooked with the smoothest sauces and the sides are abundant.

This is a relaxed atmosphere and the service is terrific.

Don't miss a chance to go to One Hot Mamas!

1  Thank ArtRyan