“Frustrating experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Spa Soleil

Spa Soleil
More attraction details
Owner description: You are invited to take time to relax at Hilton Head Island's Largest Resort Spa. You'll discover a place where you can relax and revitalize,and where the finest European-style spa is combined with the sweetness of Southern hospitality.
Charleston, South Carolina
“Frustrating experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

Stopped by the spa on Monday to get a menu of services and check out the facilities. My husband and I wanted a relaxing atmosphere to enjoy a serene birthday celebration. We spoke with the spa manager, Christine, and she advised us that they might be doing some construction in the ladies shower area later in the week, but she would advise us when we called to make our appointments. On Tuesday, I called to book our treatments and asked if the work had begun or would interfere with the packages that we were booking and was told absolutely not. So, I proceeded to book packages for my husband and myself. When we arrived on Wednesday morning, we overheard Christine telling another guest that the steam, sauna, and ladies locker room shower were closed due to construction. Obviously, our plans for the day were ruined and it seems that the spa personnel was woefully incompetent. Christine did tell us that she was sorry and we could call after Saturday, if we wanted to make another appointment.

Pensacola, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Did NOT want to leave!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

This spa was absolutely phenomenal! The staff was so attentive, helpful and polite. The services were performed by ladies with wonderful skills. The facial was exquisite. The massage was magnificent. The therapist insisted we sit & relax as long as we like. We were so incredibly relaxed, we did not want to leave!! I will be visiting Spa Soleil on every trip to Hilton Head.

1 Thank msoohwee23
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Excellent massage- horrible music!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013

I would have given this review an "excellent" rating simply for the great experience we had with our massage therapists, but the standard music that, according to the staff Marriott requires them to play, was very annoying. I thought I was being attacked by birds, and then by some weird pig like things... and then back to the birds. It almost ruined the great massages we were getting, but our massage therapists were so good that it turned out ok. Also, we loved the relaxing waiting area- you sit on these chaise lounges and can enjoy tea and fruit. After the massages they have a sauna and a steam room, as well as really nice showers. It was overall a great experience- the staff was very friendly and accommodating- however, I would not return ONLY because of the annoying music that was played during the massage, unless Marriott agreed to allow the staff to use a more relaxing soundtrack (oh, also, it was much pricer than other nearby spas, but it was the only place that could take us at the time we needed to go).

1 Thank k930
Rochester, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“One of the most serene spas I've been in.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

This spa is truly beautiful with it's decor and ambiance. I had a facial, massage, and pedicure at the spa, and after I left I truly felt like I had been in another world. The staff was incredibly professional, and the experience was excellent. It is on the expensive side - expect to spend over $100 for one service plus tip.

Visited August 2011
Hilton Head, South Carolina
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“Best Spa on the island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

This is the most luxurious spa on the island. Beautiful setting and great service. Laura did a wonderful 80 minute massage, very relaxing. Meredith did my waxing and a facial. She is great and it was one of the best facials i ever had. The whole experience was fantastic. I can't wait to go back.

Visited April 2012