“Charter Fishing Trip”
Review of Stray Cat Charters

Stray Cat Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Hilton Head SC fishing adventures with Straycat Charters on a 27ft power catamaran. We can hold up to 6 passengers & have 4,6, & 8 hour trips. Dolphin tours & sunset cruises are also available.
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Went out with Captain Jim today(9/12/13) for a charter fishing trip. We fished in the sound, just a few miles from the marina. Caught our own bait in just a short amount of time so we could maximize our fishing time. We were fishing within 30 minutes of leaving the marina. Right away we caught a 4.5 ft long black tip. We then moved to another spot and started landing multiple blue fish and another 4' plus long shark. Moved again as fishing slowed. Next spot was the jackpot where we caught two really nice bull reds(approx 25 pounders). Saved the best for last by hooking a 6 ft, 150# tarpon. It pulled out at least 200 yds of line before slowing down. Fought it for 45 minutes and released it after about 4 or 5 spectacular tail dances. My first tarpon -what a rush!

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"bonefish"
"boys"

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Capt Jim of Stray Cat Charters put us on the best show in town all day action. This was my second trip with the boat on each occasion he and his mate kept working for us to put us on the best situation he could. The boat was comfortable and he was on time. We caught spade fish until our arms all burned and sea bass,sharks and a grouper at our second location 14 miles out. Then we came inshore to try to hit a tarpon, no takers but they were there saw one completely breach, but we got a bull red 25lb class and other action sharks cats and such. The boat was run well polite conversations good captain stories all equipment was in good working order. Our catch was cleaned and bagged our coolers were filled with ice. The dock was easy to find. I will definately go out again with this boat. I do reccomend a full day or 6hr trip to have the best options. I have gone out with 6 other captains in area and this is the only one who gets it. Tight lines.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

First of all let me say that Captain Jim and his mate couldn't have been nicer and they tried very hard to get us on the fish..Jimmy also has a great sense of humor. Also it was a day where none of the boats were having much luck with catching fish. Only reason i am even writing at all is that i didnt really do my homework on how the Private charters work..As a family, we would much rather hold the poles and either catch or not catch the fish instead of just waiting for one of the set poles to snag something...just a preference...It just wasnt our day, my son got to reel in a good size shark but other than that we were out of luck. Again, Captain Jim is a tremendous guy, cant say that enough!!

Reviewed 18 March 2013

This was my second trip on the Stray Cat with Jim. My father has been fishing with Jim since the 90’s and he introduced me to him last year. We did well. Last week I took my son, now the 3rd generation, out with Jim for some Spinney Dogfish and Sheepshead. We caught a few of each and a Black Drum. Although the day was a little weak on the fishing Jim made every attempt to get us on the fish. My son and I are both experienced fisherman and we can tell Jim knows all the tricks. Sometimes you have a tough day and that’s why you call it fishing. Despite not loading the boat with fish we did catch enough for a nice meal. Jim filleted our quarry and walked it over to a local chef who prepared the fillets in their dockside restaurant. The meal was exceptional. Even though Jim’s OSU Buckeyes just put it to our beloved Badgers, rest assured we will be back again. You can’t go wrong chartering Jims boat the Stray Cat.