“Tanya rocks and so does myofascial!”

The Art of Massage and Yoga Therapy
More attraction details
Owner description: Think of your time here like a canvas. It begins blank & every treatment is another brush stroke. Many tools are used & we all have different tastes but you will put the final signature on! We have simple, affordable treatments using natural & organic products that allow you to customize your experience with us! Whether are a weekend warrior wishing to seek relief from a nagging injury, a highly competitive athlete, or an avid spa-goer, our techniques will be sure to help you achieve your goals. With a relaxed body, the mind soon follows.
Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Tanya rocks and so does myofascial!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I had never experienced myofascial massage therapy and now I am hooked. Tanya was very professional and helped me with some serious lower back pain after just one session! I felt so amazing after one session I went back the very next day for another much needed session that was equally as great and would've gone back for more if it weren't sadly the end of my vacation in Hilton Head. If you're feeling aches and pains I strongly recommend at least one session with Tanya and guarantee it won't be your last. Tanya is a true professional and I will definitely be seeing her again next November when I return to Hilton Head! Thanks so much Tanya!
Jenn Colepaugh from the great Canadian Arctic

“Beyond Yoga”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

The Art of Yoga

Not only is April committed to offering yoga at a discountand to supporting niches and causes not typically supported, April offers a class that, like her massages, are grounded in her knowledge of anatomy. She is more into slow movement and body position so if you want a traditional flow class go elsewhere. But if you want to take care of and reinvigorate a beat-up body, if you want a smaller class where individual attention is emphasized, April at The Art of Yoga is your instructor. And, as an added perk, April gives you mini-massages all included in the “regular” yoga session.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“More Than Beyond Know-How”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

The Art of Massage

I have had some of the best massages by the owners, April and Louie. April’s massage therapist training in Maryland goes well beyond the training typical schools provide. She knows her anatomy; her massages are based both in knowledge and feel (a true therapeutic massage rather than just a rub-down). Louie gives one of the best neck massages I have ever had – on island, off island, in comparison to the massages I have received in the many cities I have lived. If you are an athlete who wants to continue playing or if you just want to stay limber winding down in the day-to-day, April and Louie, either separately or in alternate visits, are amazing.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Your BODY will thank you ,as well as every(BODY) you meet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I am so grateful for the Art of Yoga.I have been practicing Yoga for 21 years and when I travel am always looking for Yoga. When I leave class at Art of Yoga... I think...this studio is in my hometown? I leave wanting to bring everyone I know, or don't know to this studio. I love to arrive seeing the door open to the fresh air... I feel I am going to a Yoga class in the treetops of Costa Rica. The Welcome Mat is always there, mathched wit the compassionate instructors wide open to receive you "right where you are. That's their slogan...."OM as you are!" We get all bendy(cleansing the internal organs) breathwork(cleansing of the mind) great music(to the soul), Meditation(to smooth out the central nervous system)playfulness to lighten the heart, adjustments to postures, massage at the end of each class with medicinal grade essential oils.Happy Hormones just filling up the body, ready to share with everyone and everything you meet. I am always in awe of the impeccability of body knowledge of each instructor, not to mention the inner peace they each breathe out. It's caught!My schedule allows me to get to April, Louie, and Patte's classes.It's not just a Yoga class, it's a Yoga class accompanied by Aruyvedic Healing, Thai Yoga Massage, Massage certified, Dula certified, DeepakChoprah Certified Meditation....(look up their bio's) I feel as if I"ve been to a wellness retreat!I Always leave feeling nourished inside and out, optimally well, with a smile on my face and heart. You will too!!!!Namaste Art of Yoga, and to all those that teach, and all those that enter. Grab you mat and go!

Pittsburgh
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“A great find for a long time islander”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

I was looking for a great massage studio on the island. I have tried a number of different places on the island over the years, and found that they were ok- but nothing special. I found the Art of Massage on TA and booked a massage and reflexology with Louie, I have had massages all over the world, and the massage I had here was one of the best I have ever had. It was relaxing, restorative and healing. I feel fortunate that I discovered this gem, and won't hesitate to return as often as I am on the island.