“What a trip! Man”

Tallboy Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Tallboy Fishing Charters is owned and operated by Captain Richard Pollitzer, a native to Beaufort County who has been fishing the waters around Hilton Head his whole life. His fishing career began at age fifteen, and since then he has amassed a wealth of local knowledge that consistently provides a safe, productive, and memorable experience for his clients.
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Cap'tn Richard and the Tall Boy is our Charter when In S.C. Period hands down.. Richard knows his waters as this has been his backyard playground since he was a kid. As you should know, that is half the battle.
But above and beyond that, the "Tall Boy" is a beautiful custom built fishing boat, capable of handling the largest of swells if need be.
Spending a day out in the water can either be a good one, or a bust!.... in our case year after year after year... Richard has never disappointed us and the only fish stories we talk about are the true ones! And their are plenty of those!.
Im looking forward to hitting the sea with not only a captn worthy of holding that title but now over time becoming a real close friend. Great job Richard and look foward to seeing you again in JUNE!!!!!! COBIA BABY!!!!!COBIA!!!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Richard P, Owner at Tallboy Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thanks, Don. It's people like you that keep ME coming back for more. Really and truly, I can tell you that the people make the charter as much as the weather and the fishing. Some people know how to have a good time and, my friend, you're one of them. The rubber duck you brought me still rides shotgun!

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We have do some other fishing trips at Hilton Head, and this was the best hands down. He taliored it to what were looking for. Every fishing trip at HHI will be with Captain Richard. He knows the area, and was a joy to be around. We took the 4 hour trip, and my entire family wants to do 6 hours next time. What a wonderful, relaxing, memorable day for my family!
His boat is beauitful, and has a private bathroom on board, and a place to lay down if someone wants to get out of the sun for a bit. The bathroom can become very important when you have men and women on board!
Since he docks at Hudson's, after the trip we took our catch into Hudson's and had a fresh fish dinner.
If you are looking for a professional captain, a safe boat, laid back atmosphere, and a memorable experience for your family go with Tallboy!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We went out for a weekend morning in early August and had a great time. Capt. Richard's reputation as being good with children is well deserved. My 8 and 10 yr old boys had a great time. We all had fun catching fish to eat as well as searching for shark to catch / release.
The boys are still talking about the lesson of the ladyfish - get those suckers in the cooler quick!
Capt. Richard will be our go-to guy henceforth. Class act all around!

Thanks for the review! I'm glad I was able to create a few memories for you. I would love to take all of the credit, but great times start with great people.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Me and some friends wanted to go shark fishing and this was a great trip!!! The Tallboy was a great boat, good size and we had a wonderful time!! Very much in tune and fun captain!! We will be back!!!!

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. This one is of special meaning to me as a captain and business owner since you have been on charters with so many other charter captains right here on the island. It's a rare opportunity to see an objective review from someone who has fished with many of my competitors. I'm glad to hear I stood out among the crowd and I hope to see you again some day.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We went fishing with Captain Richard in early August. Richard is a very competent and enthusiastic fisherman. I have been on many charter fishing trips (20+ in Hilton Head alone), and would comfortably refer friends and contacts to Richard. He knows where to go, and energetically employs various strategies to nail down one that will work for the day. We had action all day, which, in my experience, is hard to pull off near shore in HHI during August. Fishing in HHI can be a challenge, so having the right guide is key. We will book a trip with Richard again if he's available. I also think Richard would be a great choice for a Cobia or Redfish trip during different times of the year.

1  Thank UABuck

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Answering questions doesn't bother me at all! It also shows that you are an inquisitive individual who wants to learn and understand new things and gain as much as you can from your experiences. I hope all of my customers feel comfortable to ask me anything . . . except for politics and religion . . . two things never to be discussed while fishing!