We are big Disney fans and DVC members, but this was our first trip to Hilton Head. The theme of the resort (1940s hunting/fishing lodge) is well done, but not necessarily our "cup of tea". Still, the resort was picturesque and relaxing, the rooms very clean (probably the cleanest of all Disney rooms we've ever stayed in), and the staff very nice and helpful (as you would expect from Disney). As other reviewers have said, other than a couple of touches here and there you would not know this is a Disney resort, which could be good or bad depending on your perspective.
* Spacious rooms (we had a two bedroom in building 29 - view of marsh and Broad Creek)
* Own private island which gives feeling of seclusion and nice views all around.
* Shelter Cove Marina short walk with shops, entertainment and restaurants.
* Friendly, helpful cast members.
* Activities and tours available. We did a kayaking tour and found it reasonably priced at $30/person (10% discount for DVC members available) for about a 2 hour excursion.
* Disney Beach House with private (not sure if it's only for Disney, but it wasn't crowded) beach. Beach is about 1 1/2 miles away. Shuttle service offered, but we drove and had no trouble parking.
* Quick serve restaurant at Beach House had great lunch.
* WiFi (free) worked great.
* Pool at resort small for a place with this many rooms.
* Pool at beach house small, but that's more understandable than the only slightly larger one at the resort.
* No sit down restaurant (which may actually be a good thing because it forces you to get out and see more of Hilton Head.
Easy five stars if pool was larger . . . something like what they have at Old Key West or Saratoga, or even Vero Beach. (Admittedly, there isn't as much space for Disney in HHI, but they could've figured out a way to make pool bigger).
We would go back without a doubt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort is located on the picturesque coast of South Carolina, 5 hours from Walt Disney World Resort. This warm home-away-from-home-fashioned after a 1940's hunting and fishing lodge-combines local charm with simple pleasures and outdoor fun for the entire family. The resort features multi-roomed villas and many recreational activities, including 12 miles of heavenly beaches famous for clear blue waters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK) and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Hilton Head Island Hotel Hilton Head
- Disney Hilton Head Resort
- Disney Hilton Head Island Resort
- Disneys Hilton Head Island Resort
- Disneys Hilton Head Resort