Our first trip together was here to DHH;so we were eager to return, after 6 years of marriage. The resort has been re-done, and the results are very pretty, relaxing,and comfortable. Disney staff is wonderful,and everyone here was top notch at making their guests feel welcome. We reserved a one bedroom bungalow,and with it, had a beautiful,large patio that overlooked the Bay. It's definitely worth the extra money for this amenity, to stay where you can so enjoy the outdoor spaces here. Ask for an end unit, highest floor; call ahead to request this,if possible. The grounds are clean and beautifully landscaped.
Our room was a large apartment with every amenity,and a charming, cozy decor we all enjoyed. The kitchen has all of the basics;good appliances and plenty of space. We travel with our own coffee and filters,but they do provide a coffee/filter combo for your first morning's enjoyment. There is a large area for sitting, double style bathroom (tub in one bath room,and shower in other,adjoining, room.) Large areas for getting ready, big closet,and plenty of nice towels. The bedroom is large, and the bed and bedding are good quality. This room is like having a large apartment, so you immediately feel like you are "home".
The patio was amazing; coffee in the morning, with muffins we made (buy a foil muffin pan when you shop, they did not have one), watching the local birds and seeing the day begin. Late afternoon, it's a great place to relax with a glass of wine, after a day at the beach.Wifi connection was good;both in the room,and on the patio. Large beach towels are available in each room, and that makes enjoying the beach so much easier. The pool by the beach is for Disney HH guests only,and it is nice to have a bathroom, bar, snacks,and pool lounges there, when you want to move from the beach, but still enjoy the outdoors.
Disney HH is the perfect place for a romantic visit, or a family vacation. Location is great to enjoy the area,and close walking distance to some restaurants on the water, as well, There is another pool on the resort side that was popular with children, in the evening, so if you are on a romantic trip, ask to be in a room away from this area. Lots of fun Disney activities for everyone; even S'mores by the campfire!
Great trip, we can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort is located on the picturesque coast of South Carolina, 5 hours from Walt Disney World Resort. This warm home-away-from-home-fashioned after a 1940's hunting and fishing lodge-combines local charm with simple pleasures and outdoor fun for the entire family. The resort features multi-roomed villas and many recreational activities, including 12 miles of heavenly beaches famous for clear blue waters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Hilton Head Island Hotel Hilton Head
- Disney Hilton Head Resort
- Disney Hilton Head Island Resort
- Disneys Hilton Head Island Resort
- Disneys Hilton Head Resort