“Hilton Head Stay”

Hampton Inn Hilton Head
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We had a room with two queen beds and a sleeper sofa for the four of us. Room was very small. Sink area very tight. Room was clean and staff did good job every day cleaning up. Breakfast was good and area was clean and neat.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
2  Thank no buffet for me
Linda P, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear "no buffet for me",

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn Hilton Head. We appreciate that you recognize our staff for keeping the hotel and breakfast neat and clean! We are sorry that the room was not an optimal size for you and your guests. Some of our rooms are a bit smaller than the newer Hamptons that are being built but we do our best to make you feel comfortable. We hope you will come back and see us again and continue to stay with Hampton Inns across the country.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Hilton Head

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This was the first time I have stayed here and trust me it is not the last! I absolutely loved this property and have made reservation for next year already! Extremely friendly and professional staff the hotel itself was very clean and updated!. Location is excellent and very close to the beautiful beach and shopping centers. General Manager and Housekeeping Manager are both outstanding managers; they take the time to treat every guest with exceptional customer service. Looking forward to returning to this wonderful hotel!

Evelyn Ocasio

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank gabyybravo

Dear Gabbyybravo,

What a wonderful review to read! We are so pleased to hear that you were happy with the hotel and had positive experiences with all of our staff. It's great to know that not only did you enjoy your stay but that you have already booked a return trip. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hamton inn was perfect. The friendliest and professional staff ever. The whole property was well maintained and managed. Evrything was exceptional clean. Nice rooms, comfortable bed, and again, very, very clean. The outdoor pool was very pretty. Had a wonderfulnstay here!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear peve33,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! Its always great as a management team to hear when our guests enjoyed their stay at our little piece of paradise on Hilton Head island. Please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Snuggled in behind Spanish moss and almost hidden from view. That's the essence of Hilton Head Island. This hotel was quiet, quaint, clean, yet still had the Hilton brand modern feel that you might be used to. Our room was very quiet. Almost too quiet. During August, A/C is a must. There's no better feeling than walking into a 70 degree air-conditioned room. Very refreshing. The staff was courteous and professional. Great place if you need a comfortable bed for just one night. Breakfast was quick and convenient the next morning. We will stay here again if in the area!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ContraM
Linda P, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear ContraM,

Thank you for writing such a terrific review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us - and even remembered to review us so many months later! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon - maybe in August again this year? We look forward to it!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Smaller Hampton. I thought the rooms were decent size. They have a list of Hilton Honors members on a little cardboard sign in the lobby which I thought was a nice touch. My room had the sink separate from the bathroom in case that's a problem for you.

Rooms overall were fairly clean for a beach area property. The decor was nice but there were certainly areas which were not as up to speed--some caulking coming apart, bath faucet that was leaking on shower mode so the shower pressure was weaker than needed, iron where the retractable cord would not retract, etc. Beds as usual were comfy. Also there is a power box on the nightstand so you don't have to go looking for outlets. You can just plug in with a standard plug or USB to charge your devices. Not at all Hamptons so nice to have.

One thing that bothered me was the door to the stairs. I was about 3 rooms down and it kept waking me during the night. It's a fire door so I understand it needs to be heavy duty and during the day it doesn't sound that loud but I found that at night, it really bothered me. I woke up several times to it. Would maybe try to put some dampers on it. Otherwise the hotel wasn't too loud or unruly.

Breakfast seemed to be pretty popular although I only got coffee. Pool seemed nice.

Another thing that bothered me was that some random credit card got charged on my checkout bill. I went down to correct it. A lady at the front desk was on the phone and I stood there probably for a minute waiting. At that point I decided to get some coffee which was right behind me since I was getting nowhere. Then I came back and waited a little while longer before being acknowledged. The call sounded like a personal one. She did not hang up. After telling her the problem, she recharged the room to the right card. She handed the new statement back to me while still holding the phone against her shoulder and that was it. No "I'm sorry," no nothing. I'm used to a little better service at Hampton properties.

Going back to checkin, the guy who helped me was nice. I eyed the snacks and he asked me if I wanted a drink or snack as a gold level member. The lady who gave me the snack was very nonchalant about it. Now don't get me wrong, all of the problems are really not big deals I agree. But see my review on the Destin Hampton. These guys treated me like it was their honor to get me a little snack! I have already referred people to them.

Anyway, all in all, it was a nice stay. No big problems and the rate was pretty decent. I would probably stay there again--I was there for business, not with family or for the beach so I can't comment on that. There were some missteps but nothing major. As an aside, the AC is pointed right under the desk which I thought was odd. Perhaps the desk could be placed elsewhere; probably better energy efficiency and cheaper that way. Otherwise the AC worked well.

As an aside, there is a great sushi place nearby Okko and an Irish pub and restaurant/bar which are within walking distance and worth checking out.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank tantheman

Dear tantheman,

Thank you for your very thorough review! I know there are trip advisor users out there that really enjoy reading a full review such as yours. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay on business and would probably return here again - but of course disinheartened to hear of the challenges you faced while here.

Please rest assured that the issues that you have raised will be addressed - the staff at the front desk on the phone, the credit card issue, the door requiring a damper and the ac under the desk. All excellent points which I'm glad you brought to our attention. It is through comments such as yours that we can ensure these issues are addressed and not repeated.

I'd be happy to talk with you further about the details if you'd like to give me a call at 843-681-7900 ext 7302. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you in future - and make you feel truly welcome and valued!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Our room was on the small side. The bathroom was especially small. The fan in the bathroom should be replaced (rattled loudly). However, the room was clean and the staff were on a par with any previous Hampton. The pool was clean and inviting. Food staff was kept hopping during breakfast and they handled it professionally.

Room Tip: Perhaps a room with only 1 bed in it would make the room seem larger.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danesp2012

Dear Danesp2012,

Thank you for reviewing us. I do understand that particulary compared to some of the newer very spacious Hampton Inns, our rooms seem a little on the small side. Hilton Head Island has very strict building codes which restrict our ability to make some changes that may make us more like other Hampton Inns. It does make us unique among the Hampton Brand just as Hilton Head is unique among coastal islands. We do pass our Hampton inspections and use our Hamptonality to make sure our guests enjoy their time.

We hope you will come back and see us again soon - as well as continue to enjoy the Hampton brand as a whole.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times and always look forward to going back because of the service from the Front Desk, the cleanliness of the rooms and ease of access to surrounding area. Although it is a recommended procedure to welcome a guest at all hotels, this is the first time I was given a personalized card to welcome me. I was impressed.

Room Tip: They have not put me in a room that was not good.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Robert B

Dear Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn Hilton Head. It is always great to hear that our guests look forward to coming here - particularly because you've enjoyed our service and cleanliness - two things we focus on daily!

We look forward to seeing you back again really soon!