“Massage Therapy with Jan Rose was an excellent experience”

Hilton Head Massage Therapy
More attraction details
Owner description: A QUICK NOTE - There was a group of woman who posted unfair reviews on this site. If you look at the overwhelming majority of reviews, you will see that I am highly competent and extremely compassionate. I hope that a few unhappy souls will not keep you from experiencing the BEST Massage of your life. Every year I volunteer my time for the wheelchair tennis tournament, (since the 80's), plus I have performed many hours of service for those less fortunate, because I am a caring person. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Hilton Head's ONLY medically-trained massage therapist! 25 years of experience with a degree from the prestigious NY College of Health Professionals. Jan Rose and her staff Guarantee that you will receive the BEST Massage You Ever Had, or You Pay Nothing! Deep Tissue work that is sensitive - effective and lasts! My clients include Bon Jovi, Sylvester Stallone and his wife, John Cougar Mellecamp, sports stars and, hopefully YOU! Trained in Eastern and Western Technique.
Bethesda, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Massage Therapy with Jan Rose was an excellent experience”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I had excruciating pain in the lower back when I arrived in Hilton Head after driving here from Maryland. Jan's massage and advice helped me a great deal and allowed me to enjoy my vacation. I highly recommend her .

Visited February 2014
1 Thank cflobo

Harlem, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I'm a disappointed massage therapist!”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I don't normally write reviews, but in looking for a place to go for massage when I come to HH next month, I ran across Hilton Head Massage Therapy. It dawned on me that this was the place my best friend and I went for massages about a year and one half ago. My friend had more time to research, so she volunteered to find appointments for us. After calling several places, she felt good about HHMT. She told Jan that she and a friend wanted to be seen at the same time, did she have someone else who could do the second massage. Jan said she had someone she called in when needed. Well when we arrived, we discovered she only had one small treatment room and had packed two tables in the SAME room. After giving each other funny looks and shrugging our shoulders, we decided to go ahead with the massages since we were there. Oh, I guess I should tell you I am also a massage therapist and have been practicing for 10 years myself. The massage I received was ok, but felt scattered for lack of a better word. Her lack of flow was very distracting to me not to mention, Jan left the room TWICE during my massage. I have no idea why. I am also convinced she was texting while massaging my feet. Lastly, my massage was 90 minutes and my friends was only 60 minutes, so because we were in the same room, she had to just lay there while I received my last 30 minutes. Needless to say, we were not fans of HHMT and will not be returning.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Beth M
22Whiteroses, Owner at Hilton Head Massage Therapy, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Unbelievable! It was explained to you that we do network massage when we do multiples - that is, we work both massages together In the same room that we do the couples massage. The time to object is BEFORE YOU GET THE MASSAGEWHEN THWT IS EXPLAINED, not afterwards.
You say you are a massage therapist, but your complaints do not speak to a person who has a grounded understanding of my profession.
You complained about me leaving the room. You were both given herbal heat packs. The microwave that heats the packs is in the room next door. There is NO OTHER WAY to make those heat packs appear on your body except to go and get them. As for texting someone while working on your feet. Are you kidding????? You are just looking for negative things to say.
I hope that anyone reading this sees how absurd you review is. Look to the other people I have helped. I have been a therapist for almost 30 years. Mostly people are extremely happy with my work. I generally do not bother people to post reviews. Now I will have to ask them to show that your observations are completely founded on what seems to be your own unhappiness coupled with an active imagination.
I have ALWAYS stood behind my work and offered a refund if there were any complaints, AND IN ALMOST 30 years I have not had a single taker.
I feel sorry for you Beth because karma is waiting for you. I hope anyone reading your review puts themselves in my shoes and thinks about what it means to get blindsided. The sensitivity that makes me a great therapist also leaves me vulnerable to people like you. I have done the volunteer massage for the wheelchair tennis for PTR since the 1980's I have also done a great deal of volunteer work through Volunteers in Medicine and other private cases. If you Google my full name, Jan Rose kasmir! you will see that I am an international peace icon.
Look who are you trying to hurt???? I will do my best to pray for you.
Ridgeland, South Carolina
“Pin pointed a problem that I didn't even tell her about”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Jan did a great job of discovering the issue I was having with my left side. Her suggestions are greatly appreciated. Even though I used a Living Social deal she was very attentive and even used a much need heat pack on my back. It was a good experience from walking in the door to the complimentary bottle of water upon leaving.

Visited December 2013
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Runner Relief”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I run three times a week, four miles. Unfortunately, I have developed Plantar fasciitis and Jan did wonders with working on my one foot especially. Found her through a Living Social, she now has me for life! She is very knowledgeable about the body and explains in detail what is happening with one's body. I believe the word "therapist" explains her treatments.

Visited December 2013
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Relief!!! Wonderful!”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I risked having a less than wonderful vacation due to back troubles - but not with Jan Kasmir on the case! She is wonderful and makes time for urgent cases which is so generous. She's a true professional who knows her business, not the type who lathers you up with oil for a simple rub.

Visited November 2013