“Great Place to recharge your body and soul!”
Review of Hilton Head Health

Hilton Head Health
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Spent two wonderful weeks at the institute and came home a new person. Everything about the trip there was above and beyond what I expected. I enjoyed eating new cuisine, learning how to exercise and how to love myself. This truly will be a trip I make again and again.

• Stayed: December 2011
5  Thank Tanyamleonard
There are newer reviews for Hilton Head Health

Reviewed 8 January 2012

This was my 4th trip back to H3 but one of the best in terms of accomodations & just overall experience in terms of what I came away with. My condo was the nicest one I've been in yet (Golfmaster) and cleanliness wasn't an issue although I heard that other guests were having problems elsewhere. The morning beach walks were by far my happiest moments and I found the upgraded heated pool and addition of a hot tub fabulous! New additions on the staff since my last visit were great too--especially Lisette Volz who has helped me get back in control of myself. Always great to see & interact with Bob & Adam!

Negatives included having a few issues with guest services: limited appointments available for things like massage & one-on-one counseling due to the holiday weekend. New Years Eve did NOT have a special dinner unless you paid upwards of $100 extra! and it was slated as a "couples" event. Neat idea but pricey! I suggest this as an addition to having the weekly Thursday gourmet dinner (which was lovely) moved to NYEve. And my adventure excursion to see the dolphins was cancelled because I was the only one who signed up. The staff put cancelled on the reservation sheet 24 hrs before the actual event so I had to try to "recruit" other guests to sign up which did not prove fruitful. I did not feel the staff tried to help in any way to make this excursion happen which was unfortunate.

BUT the main positive is that this is still a great place to come and get re-centered & I was sad to leave! I totally recommend H3 to anyone of any age, shape, or size who is struggling with how to live a healthier life!

Room Tip: Be sure to let them know when you're making your reservation if you will or will not have your o...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
7  Thank Heidi H
Reviewed 10 November 2011

This place is so wonderful I have a hard time coming up with a description. You can work as hard as you want; the food is great (I'm a very limited, picky eater); you are never hungry. The staff is impressive. The housing is in private two bedroom condos, each with its own bath. The condo I was in was showing some wear and tear and outdated. On the other hand, it was clean, comfortable and you are only there to sleep.

This visit there were more couples than last time and actually a few men on their own. I'm really impressed with these guys, allowing themselves to be open to new experiences, etc. There was a cooking seminar the last three days of my visit which cut down on the offerings during my stay.

The fresh towels in every exercise room are a real treat. The health facility is immaculate. I left a jacket in a room during a class; realized it about 2 or 3 minutes later, it had all ready been picked up by housekeeping and left at the front desk.

Wonderful place, a little pricey but well worth it. Guests are just about as wonderful as the staff.

Room Tip: Just relax and take everything one step at a time. Don't kill yourself the first day. Two week...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank lynnzoom
Reviewed 10 November 2011

A friend and I stayed for 10 days, the minimum I would recommend. 2-3 weeks would be ideal. We met a wonderful group of other women, and hope to return the same time next year.

The negative: Our accommodations were further away than the website indicates, which required us to rent a car at the last minute. My friend's registration forms were lost, causing her to be served a food to which she is highly allergic. Bob Wright jumped in and resolved this immediately, but the concierge was more concerned with accusing my friend and her husband of not sending the forms, even though she had confirmation from H3 that the forms were received. The concierge was slow to resolve other issues, and we were surprised not to hear from Bob Moore.

The positive: The program is very comprehensive, in addressing all aspects of achieving and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. The classes were effective in identifying the underlying causes of excess weight - improper diet, lack of appropriate exercise, and the psychological factors which cause emotional and stress eating. Helpful strategies were discussed, and individual plans were developed to continue the H3 experience at home. Bob Wright and Lisette were very knowledgeable and passionate about helping people.

The food was superb. Everyone was amazed at the quantity of food and quality of meals, yet the daily calorie count was 1200. A great lesson learned - you can eat delicious, filling and nutritionally balanced meals and still lose weight. Kudos to the the kitchen team for their creativity and genuine concern for each guest.

The exercise programs were broad in scope, with something for everyone. A few favorites included cardio-boxing, body sculpting, circuit training and all of the pool fitness classes. The heated pool was a major highlight! I would highly recommend any of Karen's Yoga classes, as well as the Reformer Pilates with Linda. My friend took extensive personal training sessions with Jeff, and thought he was exceptional.

The surroundings are very pleasant, with opportunities for beach walks, biking and walking, if you're not totally exhausted by the daily activities!

Bottom Line: Life-changing experience. Confirm housing arrangements/transportation needs in advance. Call to ensure that registrations forms are received, esp. if you have dietary restrictions. Attend the classes, even if you think you don't need them - you'll be surprised with what you learn. Have an open mind about the fitness classes - things I didn't think I'd like turned out to be my favorites.

Results: In 10 days, I lost 5 lbs, 2 in. off chest and hips, and dropped cholesterol nearly 30 points. Even better - overcame addiction to soft drinks and sugar, and returned in the frame of mind to keep up the momentum.

Room Tip: Ask in advance where you will be located; some condos are within walking or biking distance, and oth...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank southerngal78
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Excellent seminars. Very good fitness program. I'd recommend a two-week stay to get the full benefit of everything they have to offer. Accommodations are vastly inferior to the fitness facility. Housekeeping is god-awful.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank msokol
RSMoore, President & CEO at Hilton Head Health, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

Thank you for your review - we appreciate your feedback. Each villa is owned by a different owner so we are looking to improve the consistency of the quality. Just as we continue to improve our program by introducing new lectures and activities, we are taking steps to improve our accommodations. By the end of this year, the first group of villas will have new bedding and upgraded flat screen televisions; the remaining villas will be completed by March of next year. In addition, we’re working directly with the homeowners to make individual improvements in their villas.

Reviewed 27 October 2011

i'm 40 and very active person, believe me when i say you find here what you whant and more . All kind of persons, any age , all around the world comme here for losing weight, relax , learn,etc... whatever you want to do it's here . Amazing staff that go whit you along you're stay and most of all they're not " overload of people "(that is so important) , they know everybody name and need as we arrive it's amazing (like everybody that work there read your guest registration form and mesmerize it ..... DA!!!!!) and the food MMMMIAMMMM (you can have special order). I have so much to say it will be too long let's make it short : we definitely comming back every year for at least 3-4 weeks just to get back or stay on track but we also gonna visit other place just to chek if we can find better but........i doubt.
For the internet they say you have two free in the lobby but most of the condo got the wi-fi ....give it a try!!!

Room Tip: since we where a couple we had the condo for us and we choose the best bed . It was 2 king but one w...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nathlav
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Let me preface this by writing that I do not write reviews of things but this place is too good to not share what I experienced. I just returned home from Hilton Head Health after a 10 day stay. I wanted to go there to get a jump start into exercising and how to change my diet/eating habits. H3 exceeded my expectations! The meals were excellent, tasted great as well as being healthy. The facility was also very nice. I enjoyed using the sauna and heated pool/hot tub and the cardio room had the most amazing Woodway treadmills. I loved the variety of exercise options as well. I started with a beach walk every morning watching the sun rise of the spectacular white sand beach! I also went to some Yoga classes for beginners which was also very fun. The area is absolutely gorgeous!! If I had to pick the best part of the experience it would have to be the staff. Everybody at H3 has the guests needs as the top priority. Robert Moore who is the CEO was always near and engaging with guests to make sure the experience was top notch. Likewse Bob Wright, the director of education, was incredible! I was able to go to different classes on portion control, supplements, and eating a balanced diet that gave me the tools to move forward with my lifestyle change. Kelia Bennett was my personal concierge, she provided an exceptional level of service that started weeks before my visit and throughout my stay. I could list many many more staff who made my stay a dream come true! Overall just an absolutely beautiful experience that I will remember for the rest of my life!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo