“Worst Value for your money”
Review of Hilton Head Health

Hilton Head Health
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 3 November 2005

The administrative staffs are uncaring, rigid and unaccommodating. If you have any food allergies, mold allergies or any kind of emergencies the staff will NOT work with you. I was encouraged to leave and told since I already paid for everything there will be NO refund and I am out of luck. Another person left because of a death in the family and was told there will be no credit or refunds, “PERIOD” !!!! For the amount of money and investment you make in yourself, you can go elsewhere where they know what customer service means.

Further, the room accommodations were awful. The bed sheet smelled like perfume when I checked in as if the sheet were not changed. There were cobwebs across the ceiling and the bugs were out in full force and I was bitten while I was sleeping. The room was moldy, dusty and the carpeting was full of stains, which showed how unclean the whole room was.

• Stayed: October 2005
33  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
RSMoore, President & CEO at Hilton Head Health, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

I’m sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience during your visit. Since 2005, we have made several changes to our team, accommodations and facility, as well as our program and policies. I can assure you that we now accommodate most food allergies. We have also made revisions to our policies for early departures and cancellations. In addition, we’ve made several improvements to our accommodations. We continue to work diligently to ensure our housing consistently matches the excellence of our program. We value our guests and strive to give them the best experience and customer service possible. Again, I apologize for these issues and can assure you they’ve been eradicated. I encourage you to visit us again and experience the new H3!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Head Health

Cleveland
Reviewed 1 June 2005

H3I has made a tremendous impact on my life, and my approach to health! I've been there twice in the past year (Nov. 2004 and April 2005) and will be going back in October this year. I've lost 30 pounds--slowly but surely--but more importantly, found a new outlook on health and fitness. It's not luxurious--so if you're looking for pampering and luxury, you should look elsewhere. But if you're serious about your health and fitness, want to spend quality time with others who are looking for the same, and want to really make a difference in your life, this is the place for you. Thanks, H3I.

Stayed: April 2005
17  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 28 May 2005

I went to HHH Institute for two weeks. It was the best vacation for a fun and healthy lifestyle change. The accommodations, food, schedules, staff and others participants helped me to accomplished a 360 degrees healthy lifestyle change. The next level fitness week provides all the elements necessary to help you realize that the importance of loosing weight is being healthy. Is important to bring with you a positive attitude to feel the change and Have Fun in the process.

• Stayed: April 2005
15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 May 2005

I chose HHHI last year with some reservations. What a wonderful surprise! It was one of the best "vacations" I've ever had. It's certainly not your typical spa. The emphasis is on starting and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. The staff is extremely friendly and willing to help in any way they can. No, you don't get pampered and waited on hand and foot. You do get plenty of support, information, and exercise. I came home totally relaxed and feeling great about myself. My next visit starts this week, and I plan on returning as often as possible.

• Stayed: September 2004
20  Thank margaret h
New York, NY
Reviewed 18 January 2005

I chose HHHI for a “healthy” vacation, but with some trepidation. The jam-packed schedule got me worried, “Is this a vacation or boot camp?” But, it was wonderful! I learned something valuable in every workshop and exercise class. The atmosphere was friendly and non-competitive, and the staff (experts in wellness/fitness) were particularly knowledgeable and supportive. If I'd spent a week in Puerto Rico, I wouldn’t be healthier today, and any relaxed feelings would have faded long ago. It's more than a month since I returned, and I still feel rejuvenated and have great memories of HHHI and the people I met.

20  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 October 2004

Hilton Head Health Institute is a superb health spa. It is not luxurious and you will not be waited on. It is a comfortable, homey, relaxed atmosphere, perfectly suited to its stated purpose which is weight loss, exercise, stress reduction, and healthy lifelstyle improvements.
Th heart of this spa is it's knowledgeable, enthusiastic, well trained staff. They are affable,caring and sensitive to their client's needs. They provided us with "upto the minute" research on nutrition, and exercise.
I stayed at Hilton Head Health Institute last spring for 2 weeks. It was the most rewarding 2 weeks of my adult life.

23  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 September 2004

The program sounds good but the management is uncaring. It is anything but a nurturing spa . Accomodation is spartan.
If you want to feel special RUN from this place!

32  Thank Visiter_11

I’m sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience during your stay in 2004. Since then, we have made several changes to our team – and we are now under completely new management. As for our accommodations, I can assure you that we’ve made vast improvements in our housing, resulting in a more consistent and satisfactory stay. We continue to work diligently to ensure that the accommodations consistently match the excellence of our program. Again, I apologize for these issues and encourage you to visit us again to experience the new H3!