“The people named below made all the difference for me!”
Review of Hilton Head Health

Hilton Head Health
Reviewed 6 April 2010

Very good life style change program. Reception staff was helpful.
1. Amber and Daniel were fantastic for fitness. They have the right attitude.
2. Chef did a great job with food - dining room staff is great
3. Jessica Lynn is exceptional in providing instruction, support and guidance. Very helpful - she puts in 110% effort. thanks
4. Courtney Bell does a good job. Keep it up.
5. Bob Moore and Adam Martin were on vacation and that was bad for the attendees. Nutrition advice could have been better. Also, too many interns were handling the program.
6. Annell St. Charles knows her material but is very rude and only out to sell her private consultation. Management should have a chat with her.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank IMFIT

Reviewed 24 March 2010

I went to Hilton Head Health basically to lose weight. I left there losing 10 pounds! What I gained was even more important than the weight. I gained the confidence to push myself to the limit when working out. I gained the knowledge of nutrition and eating right to get healthy. I gained new friendships with the staff and other guests that will last a lifetime. I gained the strength to realize why I have food issues. I have been home now for 2 weeks. I have no desire to eat poorly. I am still working out. I feel and look so much better. This is not a spa! If you are serious about getting healthy, Hilton Head Health is the way to go.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Bubblyblonde_10
Reviewed 17 March 2010

This is my second visit to Hilton Head Health. This a very focused place for people who want a healthier life. The program includes 4-5 time slots per day to participate in exercise, with each time slot having 3-4 possible options like yoga, lower body conditioning, building your core, beach walk, hydro circuit, and many more. While the exercise sessions challenge you, they are fun, and I do not love exercise. You pick and chose what you want to do. All the exercise sessions can be done by everyone including someone who wants to lose 20 pounds, someone who wants to lose 100 pounds, or the person who just wants to increase their general fitness level. Each day also has 2 time slots with topics about nutrition and weight loss. The best part of Hilton Head Health is the staff that is attentive to every visitor. The food is great but you are limited to 1200 calories per day. These people really understand weight loss. They limit their occupancy to 50 visitors, so it is very tailored to your goals and needs. Check it out!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DHTravelerBoston
Reviewed 3 February 2010

Whether you are just 5 pounds overweight or have a BMI over 30 (medically considered morbidly obese), go to Hilton Head Health Institute. Every single member of the staff from the front desk to the instructors to the general manager are motivated to sincerely help you change your life for the positive.
I lost 15 pounds, and more importantly, 8 months later have kept it off. (this is a first for me). The reason is because the staff there got to know me personally (as they do with all guests) and understand what reasons kept me from living a healthy lifestyle. They then help you design a program that you will take home with you to keep your emotional, nutritional, and physical health in a positive direction.
The food is OUTSTANDING. I wish you could just dine there without being in the program (as in a restaurant on the island)
The exercise instructors are outstanding and make sure that you have fun.
The nutrition and health instructors are some of the most knowledgeable people I have ever worked with.
And you will make friend there that you will keep for life.
TIPS:
1. Make sure you ask for updated housing, as H3 contracts with private condo owners on Shipyard Plantation, and some of the rentals have really outdated furniture
2. You'll feel better and see more results if you can stay at least 10 days.
3. make sure to sign up for massage services, some of the best I have had in the country
4. once you leave you get access to the members' website which has healthy recipes written by their chefs-I have prepared a few at dinner parties and gotten rave reviews.
5. Even while you are at H3, you will have time on the weekends to enjoy Hilton Head Island

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank spiceegal23
Reviewed 1 January 2010

Hilton Head Health Institute (H3I) has given me the knowledge and ability to live a healthy lifestyle. I went with the desire to lose weight and feel better, but came away with simple tricks to healthy eating, motivation to be active and exercise, delicious recipes and tips for cooking, tips for restaurant eating and traveling, tools to decrease psychological dependency on food, and excitement to apply knowledge gained into MY everyday life. I feel so empowered! There are no gimicks... just good ole common sense and basic food education. The well trained and professional staff are very helpful and seek out opportunities to individually help all clients. Not once did I feel like a number or a dollar sign. Loved the interns... as their youth and excitement was contageous and I learned a lot from them as well.

From sunrise to sunset, the day is filled with energy for exercise, education, food, and wonderful times with new friends. I met people from across the USA and around the world and am still friends with them today. People of all ages and walks of life were there when I attended and I felt like we were all on level playing fields. H3I makes it very easy to remain friends and stay in contact when gone from the facility.

Positives: The staff, facility, program, food, website, location, diversity of activities to choose from etc etc etc.
Negatives: I packed too many nice clothes! You don't need them! Also - wish the facility invested in bikes instead of renting them from a company.
Did I Lose Weight? Absolutely. I've lost 30 and have 15 more to go for my goal. Some of my friends have lost more, some less.
Will I Go Back? Absolutely. Hopefully every year for a "tune-up" and continued motivation.

Try H3I if you are serious about getting healthy. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank CoffeeRN3
Reviewed 29 December 2009

I cannot say enough good things about my visit to Hilton Head Health Institute. Since my family and friends have likely grown tired of hearing my accolades and thoughts, I figured I should take it to a larger audience.

Staff. The professional staff are the key to the success of the program and facility. I separate these two - program and facility - because one without the other makes success a challenge. The program staff are phenomenal. They are well-educated, attentive to individual needs, encouraging, challenging and generally invested in the very specific clientele who choose to visit and participate in the program. I cannot emphasize enough this concept of being specifically invested in guests. One particular memory that illustrates the investment: there was a kayaking outing and I was asked by a fitness instructor whether I would be participating. I told her that I didn't think that I could do it due to my size. Rather than simply accepting my statement, she encouraged me to do it. I did it. Something that I had written off as a possibility and she nurtured me in that process and it truly was a transforming moment for me. Another memory: I've heard much about yoga but never attempted to do it. The yoga instructor encouraged me to try it and walked me through it. I loved the experience and, again, the investment and nurture. The non-program staff are equally invested and committed to a high level of service.

Facility. The facility is in great condition. Significant remodeling has created a great atmosphere for learning and exercise. The new pool (it opened the day after I left!) is absolutely beautiful. The dining room has beautiful views of the golf course and lagoons. The exercise equipment is modern and clean. The rooms where classes are held are each great. I have no complaints about the facility.

Food. Absolutely the most surprising aspect of my trip was the quality of the foods. Frankly, the quantity as well. I was actually never left hungry. The attention to detail and use of local and organic ingredients was stellar. The chef and her team are well-suited for this program. I did find that a few meals in a row were lacking in flavor, but I was able to zip them up a little with the condiments provided at all meals (noncaloric or low calorie seasonings, etc.).

Lodging. I thought it was perfectly fine for me. Not luxury, but very much appropriate. I did not spend much time there. I left in the morning, spent my day at the facility participating in activities and then returned to the condo in the later evening. The laundry machine got much use and worked great. If someone is expecting a luxury hotel, they will be disappointed. Manage your expectations -- I knew coming in that I would be staying in a townhouse that was right along the lines of what I expected. I certainly enjoyed my own bed when I returned home, but I don't have any real complaints.

Location. Coming from California I had never been to Hilton Head Island. It was easy to get to from Savannah airport (I used a shuttle service and did not have a car during my visit -- I did not need one and would not get one during my next visit). The weather was cool, but fine. There was some rain during my stay, but it did not cause me to miss any programs. The facility is not very close to the beach, but that did not stop me from visiting the beach every day that I was there.

Highlights. The daily highlight for me was the sunrise beach walk. This activity meant a great deal to me and was a wonderful way for me to start the day. Specific highlights included the kayak activity mentioned earlier, my exercise session with the fitness director and good conversations around meal tables. Most of all, the highlight was returning home with a new attitude and a deliberate focus on taking care of my health.

Finally, I want to mention that before I decided to go to Hilton Head Health Institute I read the reviews on this website over and over again. I have tried in this review to be as thorough as possible. Many of the negative reviews I read describe a completely different place than where I spent two weeks of my life earlier this month. I hope that if my description fits what you're looking for you will consider attending! Maybe I will see you there!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank epkesq
Reviewed 19 November 2009

My husband and I spent 3 weeks at H3 in March. The best thing about this place is its philosophy and program on how to change your life style. They teach you this in classes and show in practice. I had high blood pressure and took pills every day for 5 years and as a result of the program my blood pressure normalized. I was also diagnosed diabetes just before I came to H3. Having followed the program afterwards at home I lost within 8 months around 33 pounds without ever being hungry. I am now full of energy and healthier than I have ever been for the last 15 years. All people around who saw me before compliment me for looking great. I can now go and buy stylish clothes for myself at the best stores. The biggest achievement is that now my sugar level normalized!

Staff at H3 was very helpful and nice to us but not too much so that we had enough room for privacy and doing our own things. Early morning beach walks where we were accompanied by daulphins were unforgettible! The forest around is like a zoo full of peaceful allegators, various birds, etc. We also once saw a racoon. I understand that the best time to go is fall and spring.

H3 is for those who are serious about changing their life style and maintaining it forever. Accommodation and facilities are simple but you have everything you really need. Those who want to do nothing except relaxing in spa and in an up-scale 5 star hotel room should not go.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple