“The Beach House Hilton Head”

Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed there a couple of nights in August on a trip from Washington to Orlando the location of the hotel is excellent right on the beach as stated.The hotel rooms are what you would expect of a holiday inn every thing clean and tidy,did not use the restaurant only for breakfast which was good but cannot really comment on the food,the outside bar was good.The staff where extremely helpful when we wanted to hire bikes for a couple of hours to ride on the beach.There is a nice area just across road from the hotel with shopping and restaurants.If I were holidaying in that area again I would certainly have no hesitation in staying there again,having enjoyed my short time there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank azsxdc
Jeff E, General Manager at Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear azsxdc:

It's a pleasure to know how much you enjoyed your time at the Beach House last August. Thanks for taking the time to mention the cleanliness of the property and our close proximity to all the great shops across the street at Coligny Plaza. I'm especially thankful for your comments describing how friendly and helpful all our team members were during your stay. Our Resort will soon be transformed into a 4 Diamond caliber boutique property with all the enhancements we have planned in the next few months, which will help make your next visit even more enjoyable. Thanks for choosing the Beach House and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Our group was in Hilton Head for the SC tennis championships and we were all very pleased with the service and hospitality of the hotel. The bartenders at the tiki hut were very nice and friendly. The location right on the beach was very nice and really made the trip very enjoyable. Food was great at the lounge. We will definitely be back if we make it to states again. Thanks again for the hospitality.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Matthew P:

We really enjoyed having your group of fellow tennis players here at the Beach House and look forward to next year's event. Thank you for taking time to post your review describing your Beach House experience. We have an ideal location right on the beach and across from Coligny Plaza, as you mentioned......with a great Tiki Hut bar served by our infamous bartenders Cliff, Derek, , Jim Duggan, Tommy, Jim Fitzpatrick, and Beau. Our new Executive Chef, Tim Nelson, arrived last month and has elevated the quality of our menu offerings and he and Dan Puglisi, our F&B Director, are working hard to design the new menus we will be serving at our new restaurant when it opens in February after our renovations are completed. Remember, these renovations will be completed in three phases, so not to disrupt our ability to stay open during this period.

Thanks for choosing the Beach House and we look forward to having you as our guest in the near future.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

This was our first time staying at the Beach House and it will not be our last. We both loved being right on the beach. Aside from that, everything is just a short stroll away. Or a bike ride away.

Our room was clean, the bed was comfy, the linens were clean and plush. Our a/c was a bit loud but not annoyingly so. I loved the Tiki Bar. It was also convenient because I could send my husband down to watch football while I enjoyed watching TV in our room. Free babysitting or should I say hubbysitting. :-)

The only thing that I was disappointed with was the front desk clerk at check in. Although she did make eye contact when I approached the desk for check in, there was no smile or welcome. She took my credit card, ID and had me sign some papers. She then handed me my keys. That is it. She did not even tell me how to get to the room, where I could park nor did she mention any of the resort amenities. I had to ask how to get to our room. A more welcoming reception would definitely have set a better tone to the start of our stay.

One other thing that was missing, and I don't know if it was just in our room, but there was not a binder in the room with resort amenities, directory, things to do nearby etc.

Chair rentals at the beach are pretty steep in price. If you're staying for a few days, your best bet is to buy a chair at the Piggly Wiggly. If you can't take it with you when you leave, just pay it forward to someone else.

All in all, we had a pleasant stay and would not hesitate to stay here again. It's a great value and the location in fantastic!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jeff E, General Manager at Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Lissete:

Thanks for choosing to stay with us to help make your first visit to Hilton Head Island so enjoyable. Your feedback as a Trip Advisor Top Contributor is very valuable to our team and we understand that your comments are comparing your Beach House experience with so many other fine properties around the world. We appreciate the wonderful compliments and detail that other guests will find helpful in choosing accommodations when coming to Hilton Head. I sincerely apologize for your less than perfect check-in experience and assure you and all readers of this review that our standards are much higher than what you experienced and we are working hard to improve the quality and consistency of service provided by of Front Desk Team. We hope to have you as our guest again in the near future following our upcoming renovations, which will help elevate our Resort to a four Diamond caliber boutique experience for our guests.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I visit Hilton Head each fall to golf with a few good customers. We like to golf, eat good food and tell a few stories. Its a social trip. We like variety in food and golf and this hotel allows great central access to almost everywhere on the island. The rooms are nice, the bar is OK, and the food is OK, but the location on the beach is terrific. You can see the ocean from most rooms and you can step away from the pool and outdoor bar area and be on the beach in 2 minutes. You don't need to drive some long extended trail or street to get to the hotel or the beach. You are right there with easy access. I will alway return to this place when I visit HHI.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Jeff E, General Manager at Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Ricky S:

It's a real honor to receive such a positive review from a Trip Advisor Top Contributor. You have quite an impressive travel resume and have stayed in many properties around the world, which provides a lot of objective credibility to your reviews. Your continued loyalty is much appreciated and you're sure to enjoy your next visit even more when you step into our new restaurant and bar that will be built over the next few months, along with the many other renovation projects we have scheduled during that same period. When you book your next trip you may want to enquire about our new golf packages we've recently rolled out......allowing guests to play on 90% of the courses on Hilton Head, as well as Old South Golf Links in Bluffton. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

This resort was such a pleasant surprise for my husband and I when we visited HHI for the first time last weekend! Everything was very clean and very COMFORTABLE. My husband may not have noticed, but I sure appreciated how soft and luxurious the linens and even the bath towels were! Our room location was awesome, and we loved that the Tiki Bar was right there (honestly one of the best hamburgers I've ever had!) ... the beach itself was beautiful and huge ... the pool, the indoor bar and restaurant ... everything was so accessible that you really don't need to leave the resort!

We did feel as though the front desk staff (being that they are the first point-of-contact for the resort) could be a little more outgoing and friendly, but we were greeted warmly and consistantly by all the other staff members everywhere on the grounds.

All in all, we feel as though this is DEFINITELY a resort we will visit again! This was just a short visit, but next time we hope to stay long enough to enjoy more of the beautiful area.

Room Tip: 5th floor oceanfront -- PERFECT!!! Takes a little longer for hot water to reach you, but worth it...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Jeff E, General Manager at Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Susan B:

I'm very pleased and honored that you and your husband chose the Beach House for your first visit to Hilton Head Island. I'm also happy to know how much you enjoyed the Resort and that we were able to help the two of you enjoy your time together. Thank you for taking time to post such a complimentary and helpful review. Our Housekeeping Manager works very hard to ensure her team meets our cleanliness standards and she takes a lot of pride in the results of her team; your compliments on the cleanliness of the property are very appreciated.

Prior to reading your review, I personally meet with the entire Front Desk Team yesterday to provide some needed encouragement and training to help them better understand how important it is that they, as the first and last impression of our resort, always impress our guests with their genuine friendliness. Your letter will be very helpful at reinforcing my message.

Thanks for posting the wonderful pictures of the views from your room........the view from these rooms is quite stunning! We look forward to your next visit in the near future.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

The Beach House In Hilton Head SC was very disappointing to me. We had a patio room right at the Tikki Hut and we were never advised that music was played at a very loud level til all hours of the night, air conditioner in room sounded like a freight train when turning on or off. The resturant only serves a very limited menu and is very expensive. The waitress at the Marker 59 lounge was quite rude, and so was the housekeeping lady at the front desk on Sunday morning.. We did enjoy watching the sunrise on the beach Sunday morning it was very pretty, the pool was dirty we went to set by pool and put our feet in and the bottom was dirty. The rooms are spacious and would be accomadating for a family of 4 . Overall i was very disappointed in our one night stay, I will say that Kendra was very sweet and kind ..

1  Thank Kara N

Dear Kara N:

I truly believe that Trip Advisor serves as a very helpful and informative resource for guests searching for the perfect get-away or vacation destination. I also believe that Trip Advisor is equally beneficial for the properties themselves, as it provides valuable feedback from guests. I use this feedback to celebrate when we are successful at providing a memorable experience for our guests and also use this feedback to help improve our processes and service so that we can continually improve the experience we provide our guests. In addition, I believe that Trip Advisor provides an opportunity for me to reach out to guests that have departed as well as to those guests who read the reviews and have yet to arrive. I'm disappointed that our lengthy phone conversation regarding your stay did not result in the positive outcome I thought it had. At check-in we provided the complimentary upgrade to a Patio room as you requested, which is located in front of the Tiki Hut. As I mentioned during our conversation, there are 24 other rooms in front of the Tiki Hut and we end our live music each night at 10:00pm so the guests in those rooms are not disturbed at a late hour. After telling me you felt that that time was still too late to be playing music, you asked me for a discount on your IHG employee discounted room rate of $95 (more than 50% off) and, after apologizing for the inconvenience, I told you that I would reduce your rate to only $59, which you graciously thanked me for. I was confused when you replied to my follow-up apology email with a message that your husband was demanding I credit your entire bill, to which I politely explained that I had adjusted the amount you earlier agreed was more than acceptable. I wish you would have mentioned the A/C noise, dirty pool, rude server and housekeeper, or limited menu issues when we spoke on the phone for more than 15 minutes, although you mentioned you've worked as a Front Desk agent at a Holiday Inn Express since April. Regardless, I'm regretful that the lively vibe at the Beach House wasn't a better fit for your trip to Hilton Head and that you didn't enjoy your stay as much as you had hoped. I thank you for the kind comments about our Front Desk Manager, Kendra. She and her team do a terrific job and I'm happy to have the opportunity to work with them. I hope that you will consider visiting our Resort again in the future.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

The beach house is in the perfect location of Hilton Head. The staff as very friendly and helpful and the rooms had a really nice upscale decor. The Tiki Hut was fun and the pool was really nice. If you want a nice hotel and a great location this is perfect.

1  Thank Travel3069
Jeff E, General Manager at Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Travel3069:

Thank you for visiting the Beach House during your recent trip to Hilton Head. I'm happy to know your stay was so enjoyable and I appreciate the wonderful compliments and recommendation. I always enjoy reading reviews posted by Trip Advisor Senior Contributors because these reviews are typically objective in nature and paint a very accurate picture of the establishments reviewed. I read your many other reviews of restaurants on Hilton Head that you visited during your stay and found them to be very much on point........I really enjoy Bomboras Restaurant as well. Thanks again for choosing our Resort and we hope to have you back as our guest in the near future!