My family and I traveled to Marriot Barony beach through an exchange in Interval International. We were excited to be heading to Hilton Head for the first time. Upon arrival at this resort we were very disappointed by the size and overall layout of resort. This resort is very small in comparison to the many others we've visited. They had activities during the day but they were geared towards adults and not young children..If you are a couple and looking for a getaway this would be good for you. If you are a family this is not a resort for you. Most of the activities centered around adults with wine , beer and other adult activities. The staff was not very friendly or helpful when needed. Our room was not up to par with Marriott standards. The room was not clean , had mold in bathrooms, pipes made a banging noise when water was running. The water itself I would not drink it had a horrible smell to it. The furniture looked beat up with scratches, wobbly legs etc. These rooms are in serious need of rehabing. They did have onsight bike rentals which we took advantage off and were able to explore the island. The Spa was a huge disappointment for this simple reason...my daughter and I decided to tour the spa during one of their open house sessions....the staff was rude to my daughter and did not like the fact she was with me....I think this staff needs to be more open minded to younger girls...afterall there are young girls that do get pedi's and mani's.....and that is what my daughter was interested in getting...after the reception we received we would not step foot back in there! Spa staff needs to get lower their noses a little bit instead of being stuffy!! I could go on and on.. but will refrain. We will be returning to Hilton Head and loved the island however, we will be looking to stay at another Marriott property not Barony Beach!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clear you mind poolside at Marriott's Barony Beach Club. Nestled on in infamous Hilton Head, South Carolina, your feet will be covered in sand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Marriott's Barony Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Barony Beach Club Hotel Hilton Head
- Marriott Barony Beach Hotel
- Marriott Hilton Head
- Hilton Head Marriott