“Adequate, if you're only staying a night or two” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Hilton Head

Days Inn Hilton Head
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Hilton Head
Garwood, New Jersey
“Adequate, if you're only staying a night or two”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We decided to stay at a "value" hotel the night before the 4th of July before we could check into our Marriott time share in Sea Pines. Admittedly, as a business traveler, I guess I get a little spoiled by Westins, etc. I knew I'd have to lower my standards. The room was small, dated and had a tiny tv awkwardly placed too high on the wall. There is no fan in the bathroom, and the toilet didn't appear to be terribly clean. The fixtures, pictures, and bedspreads are dated, (and kind of dirty).

On the plus side, there are a fridge and microwave in the room. The desk staff were helpful enough. Like many other chains, they offer a free breakfast which is nice with three kids. It is conveniently located by the pirate mini golf as well.

If we had to stay here for more than 1 night, that would be a problem. If you're looking for a value hotel, you may want to spend the extra few dollars and stay at the Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank TSimitz
Hardeep s, General Manager at Days Inn Hilton Head, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at the Days Inn Hilton Head and sharing your review with us.
We are really sorry for not being to able to meet your expectations.

We would be more than happy to accommodate you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Lake Mary, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here for one night before staying at one of the resorts on the island. Our first impression was the hotel did need some renovating. The rooms are small, but they are comfortable. I would recommend getting a room not by the pool because you will be able to hear kids playing in the pool and overall chatter around the pool as the walls are very thin.

The service at the front desk was unmatched on the island. They were very friendly and pleasant upon our arrival. The customer service here is absolutely wonderful; which completely made up for a lot of the smaller issues I mentioned earlier. For the money, it is definitely worth staying here; especially if you are looking for a place just to sleep while you explore Hilton Head.

Room Tip: Avoid the pool area if possible.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank PJK2288
Hardeep s, General Manager at Days Inn Hilton Head, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review.

We will keep doing our best in order to provide the best service on the island.

Thanks for staying with us. We are looking forward to seeing you here again.
Daytona Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay over the weekend. Mr. Singh and Mr. Murat were very accommodating people. If you are looking for a clean place with affordable rates this is it. We will most certainly stay here when we come back to town. Thank you.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your awesome review !

We will be more than happy to accommodate you again if your plans bring you back to Hilton Head Island.

Thanks for staying with us at the Days Inn Hilton Head.
Columbia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed here for one night while in Hilton Head for a conference. Stayed here because it was best value for the business traveler and close to the conference site, where the prices were ridiculous. First of all, this is obviously an older property and could use some updating, but the room I was given was very comfortable and quiet. Nice flat screen TV, decent bathroom, comfortable bed. Room furniture was a bit outdated including a huge armoire obviously made for a tube style TV, but that's not really an issue. The front desk staff was nice and accomodating and willing to change my room because the one I was given originally was a tiny one squirreled away over by the pool, a very isolated and claustrophobic room with outdoor entrance and in a location I did not like because I was a woman traveling alone. They were more than willing to give me a room with an inside hall location which I appreciated.
Overall this Days Inn is certainly nothing fancy but for a quick business stay it was a decent value, comfortable with good customer service. Would consider staying here again when in Hilton Head for business.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms with indoor hallway access. Parking lot is a little creepy and especially i...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Christina K
Dear Christina,

Thank you for your review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will be more than happy to accommodate you again.
Thanks for choosing Days Inn Hilton Head,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I have family that lives in the area so for once I get to write a review on a short stay. I was there for one night I arrived at 1am and left at 8am. So I was in the room long enough to lay my head down and sleep. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. It was one of the nicer days inns I've been to. It had a nice flat screen and a desk in the room. The only problem I can complain about was I had my dog with me and they charged me almost triple a nights stay to keep her in the room with me. She is a hypoallergenic dog who does not shed much (less than I do!) And she is trained very well. If I'd have lied about having her they would have been none the wiser. The pet fee is ridiculous for people with well behaved dogs. Maybe it should be a refundable deposit if the dog doesn't do anything wrong you get it back. I've paid apartments smaller pet fees. But like I said the hotel was good. Just leave fido at home or call the hotel first and get a quote as the online reservation didn't warn me how much the pet fee was.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sarah K
Dear Sarah,

Thank you very much for taking your time for this review. We are very sorry that we are not a pet friendly hotel which is why the cleaning fee was higher than you expected.
We are very happy that everything else was perfect. We hope you come back to Hilton Head and stay with us again.
Thank you for staying at the Days Inn Hilton Head.