Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa
Marriott's Grande Ocean(Hilton Head)
US$499
Marriott
Ramada Hilton Head(Hilton Head)
US$67
US$210
US$175
Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort(Hilton Head)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$168
US$454
Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island(Hilton Head)(Great Value!)
US$271
US$219
Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort(Hilton Head)(Great Value!)
US$300
US$237
  • Pool
Hampton Inn Hilton Head(Hilton Head)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$142
Travelocity
US$367
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,094 results
All reviewsocean frontmarriott resortoceanfront roompool deckself parkingpalmetto dunesgift shopan upgradebeautiful beachbusiness centergeneral storean umbrellabit datedlong weekendoff seasonnice resortshelter cove
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Do NOT visit this property until the planned remodel is done; it does not begin until Fall 2014. I have stayed at ~50 Marriotts over the years, and despite a great staff which is bending over backwards to make this tired property acceptable, it's simply an impossible task.

We first had an oceanfront "suite" (which simply means it has a bar sink/countertop), with water pressure so poor that it would be impossible to properly wash/rinse your hair. For our second of three booked nights, we were moved to another oceanfront king room. Better water pressure, although you have to deem acceptable the fact that twice during a typical shower, the water simply ceases to come out of the head for about 10 seconds, then inexplicably resumes. Same while shaving at the sink! It was a lot like being in a third world country hotel. We canceled our third night.

The lobby is pretty, the pool area is as well. The rooms are just simply unacceptable. I feel terrible for all the road warriors who are cashing in their hard-won points for a family break at this property. Marriott should be ashamed to be hanging its flag on this property, and for trying to milk one more summer season before putting some money into the place. They're losing hundreds of loyal customers each night...what's that cost?!

Room Tip: Wait til after the remodel project planned for Fall 2014.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SuwaneeDad30024
HiltonHeadManagement, Director of Operations at Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Please allow me to apologize for the water pressures issues you encountered during your recent visit. I understand how such a thing could have a dramatic impact on your stay. Thank you however for recognizing our staff and beautiful lobby and pool. We appreciate your comments.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

This Marriott is in a great location on Hilton Head. It has the potential to be a nice place to stay if they give their housekeeping staff some training. We were placed in a double room on the 6th floor facing away from the ocean. As soon as I entered the room, I noticed some wrappers on the floor as well as some dust. In the bathroom, there was a sponge on the floor. The deck furniture had green pollen on it and in the room, the safe was locked. I went down to complain about the safe and they said they would send someone up to address it but after we returned that evening, it was still locked. In the morning, we tried to use the coffeemaker but it was missing a piece and could not be used. The alarm clock had the wrong time (off by hours). All these things should be checked by housekeeping. On the plus side, the property/pool area is very nice, although obtaining a free chair in the afternoon was close to impossible. I haven't tried other properties in the area to compare but I'll look elsewhere before returning here. Hopefully they will address the housekeeping issues.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
HiltonHeadManagement, Manager at Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Dean JC,

It is our hope that we are able to meet and exceed our guests expectations, but sometimes we fail. We sincerely apologize that we fell short. We do appreciate your valuable feedback and will address these matters immediately. We do hope that you will consider returning to visit with us again.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

For our family vacation, we each decided to get an ocean view room. There was my husband and myself, my sister in law, and my in-laws. We had to pay a little more for that view, but it was worth EVERY dime! Staring out to the roaring sea was an amazing feeling. I can't describe how wonderful it felt to leave our balcony door, wide open, and lay on the bed, as we watched and listened to the waves go by. Everyone's view was equally breathtaking.
We did have a few special requests in terms of accessibility for one of our family members, who had recently had an operation, and prior to our arrival, the manager Sydnee Mcallister, took it upon herself, to contact us personally, so she could ensure that all of our needs would be met. When we got there, she personally went out of her way to greet us and see to our needs. That was really impressive!
While there, we thought the staff was excellent, and went above the call of duty to ensure our safety and happiness. I don't remember everyone's name, but whoever was working the spa on our check out day was amazing. There were two women there who were awesome! BTW, the spa was great, and I can't wait to get back there again to use the sauna, and sitting room. Every little detail was on point!
Jogging on the beach as the sun rose each morning, was amazing!...and gave me the detox I needed from my usual hectic and busy life. Everything finally slowed down. The hotel welcomes back it's morning joggers with a complimentary fruit breakfast, and bottle of water. It's the little things like that, that really make your experience memorable.
Another awesome staff member we met was Terry the manager of the kitchen. All I can say is, how wonderful it felt to be treated like royalty. Everyone there, seemed to go out of their way to make sure we had a wonderful time!
We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are definitely worth the upcharge!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

We could not be any more pleased that you enjoyed your vacation with us! The view from the resort is breathtaking. We are glad you were able to take advantage of it and enjoy it from an oceanfront room. We are happy you noticed the extra amenities and our very friendly staff! We look forward to having you come see us again. It would be our pleasure to have you as a guest!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Location is great. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms and outdoor pool area are in desperate need of updating. Beds and bedding were good but other furniture was well beyond useful life. Poolside restaurant has great wait staff but very mediocre food. For the price overall I guess we got what we expected.

Room Tip: If you don't get ocean front don't bother.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Feathers 1965,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. You'll be happy to know that we will be undergoing a renovation in the Fall of 2014. We hope that you will visiti with us again.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I've logged over 130 Marriott stays over the last 5 years and am a Gold Elite Member. With that being said, this was by far the worst Marriott I have ever stayed in. I have never registered a complaint with Marriott but that will change soon. I am thoroughly embarrassed for suggesting this hotel during a trip with my family.

I've logged over 100 Marriott stays over the last 5 years and am a Gold Elite Member. With that being said, this was by far the worst Marriott I have ever stayed in. I have never registered a complaint with Marriott, so hopefully that exhibits how unacceptable this situation was. I am thoroughly embarrassed for suggesting this hotel during a trip with my family.

I will say that the location is wonderful. If you don't mind staying at a 2 star hotel<br/>with a 5 star location, this place will work just fine for your trip. However, with a final charge to my credit card of $278 this was not what I was paying for. Below are a list of unpleasant situations we encountered during believe it or not a one night stay. I figured I would share each separately.

Room Service was busy for over 2 hours: When I say they were busy, our calls wouldn't even go through. What a frustrating experience. Eventually we ventured off the resort to the local Kroger's to get food, which ultimately ended up being a better deal. The lack of customer service actually worked to our benefit in this case.

Flooded Rooms: By far this was the worst offense. The drainage system on the balcony is terrible. Heavy rains hit the area for a period of a few hours. The balcony completely filled with water which eventually started to spill into the room. We had to scramble to move our luggage as water came at least 3 feet into the room, saturating the floor. I immediately alerted the desk. Over the course of the night two individuals responded who seemed completely uncertain as to what to do. We informed them that we weren't troubled by the development, but we just wanted to make them aware. We were told that someone would respond later that night or in the morning in the case things got worse to check on us. We didn't hear anything from anyone. Just to give the hotel a fourth reminder I called at 10:30 AM as we left to let them know that they had a flooded room. The response I received was "Thank You". I guess from a resort I would expect some sort of expedited response or urgency when dealing with such a situation.

Lobby Noise: Our room was located on the third floor. Now I don't consider myself a prude but my family had difficulty falling asleep as drunk hotel guests yelled and screamed below us in the hotel lounge. I understand people want to enjoy their Friday night, but any hotel should be mindful of all their guests. Allowing patrons to create tremendous amounts of noise till the wee hours of the morning is probably not a best practice.

2  Thank BrianA404
HiltonHeadManagement, Manager at Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear BrianA404,

We appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott Brand. While we pride ourselves in meeting and exceeding our guests expectations, we obviously failed you and for that we sincerely apologize. We do thank you for your valuable feedback and will address these areas immediately.