“Only $69. Wowwwwwwwww”

Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Aiken, South Carolina
“Only $69. Wowwwwwwwww”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

This was a great place for a weekend get a way. The price is nice and this is an all suite hotel. It's not five star but is a very comfortable place if your are ona budget. It was like a high end three star hotel. You can a choice of have a queen, king or loft. I had the loft. It was a full kitchen with a fire place. I felt very comfortable. This place is very clean. I love that their was certain wasys they tried to conserve enery by using motion sensor lights in the public rest room. There were discounts to some of the dining places nearby with the room key,
The negative was there was some kind of noise that woke me up around 4 am it lasted about ten minutes. It was off season so there was only one person working the front desk however, she was very helpful. One small pet peve was the foot operated trash can didn't work near the public bathroom by the conference room. That is a minor detail i think could easily be fixed. there was standard cable in the room but i could not seem to get the HBo channel to work.
Over all. I loved the place. Not to mention out travel party could all early check in before noon.

Room Tip: There was not a business center that I saw but they did have a computer in the lobby for guests also...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank thedivapreacher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 February 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a long weekend as part of a Groupon deal. The Park Lane was a perfectly fine hotel. I verified before our trip that 1) housekeeping was included even though we were there as part of Groupon (it was); 2) rooms that had pets staying in them were specifically cleaned to remove hair and dander (they were); and 3) we would not be bothered with timeshare calls (we did receive one call asking us to attend a presentation--we said no thanks). We got a loft room and found it very clean (loft got a little stuffy during the day but each hotel room has it's own thermostat, which was great). The bathrooms were small--but that was not an issue for us (after all, it is a hotel, not my house). The staff at the front desk were friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was limited, but good enough for us. Location was about 2 miles from the beach--which was fine, particularly in the off-season. The kitchen had some utensils and pots, and plenty of dishes (only one small glass pan to use in the oven, however). The only time we heard a dog barking was in the hallway a few times--we couldn't hear the dog in our room from a few doors down. Actually I found the hotel to be fairly quiet. Overall, a fine choice for anyone traveling on a limited budget.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank hem1212
Middleburg, Florida
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We stayed here on a groupon. It was a good deal for a weekend getaway. The room was really nice, the bathroom was very small and the water was not very hot at all. The pool area was closed for the season. The breakfast was kind of slim. Bagels, toast, fruit. They allow pets in the rooms and we did hear barking a few times. The staff was friendly and helpful. I felt the beds were really comfortable.

We did get the sales speech by the timeshare people when we walked in.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Sciacca, Italy
Reviewed 28 January 2012

My family and I stayed for two nights via a Groupon. I will not return to this hotel. My overall impression of the place is that it used to be a dumpy, flea bag hotel, but they have re-decorated to look better. The decor in the lobby is nice. They offer free Starbucks coeffe and filtered water which is nice. Breakfast is light (muffins, juice, bagels). We had a king bed on the 2nd floor. The walls are thin, and I would not get a first floor rooom. We had a small balcony, that we never used.

The hotel location is not on the beach, but we knew that. I will say the beach is not far and has plenty of free parking. We rented bikes from Pedals and would highly recommend it! See the island on a bike. Back to the room, it was a lower standard of room that we would normally stay, so I was pretty disappointed. The overall room was large, but the kitchen was too large for the room size. Their was a full size fridge, dishwasher, and stove. Small couch area with a fireplace. The bathroom.....oh what a let down. It was too small!!!! Only one person in at a time. There is virtually NO counter space. It felt like I was a using a bathroom on an airplane. But, for what I paid, well.....I guess I shouldn't complain.

Yes, they do have folks in the lobby peddling timeshare vacations. And they did call the room. I politely said no, and it was ok.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank OneHotSCMama
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I got a great deal on groupon and stayed two nights. The rooms were a pretty good size. The bathroom a little small. We didn't have house cleaning because we were told because we got a deal,it did not include housekeeping. But for the money it OK.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the ice machine
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We found a deal for 129 for three nights ... yes 3 nights for a total of 129 plus tax and resort fees so the total amount for the whole stay was 175. I loved the fact your could use the fire place and it was pet friendly. The queen loft was very roomy and I would absolutely go back. It is a little far from the beach but in a central location. I enjoyed my stay here

Room Tip: the queen loft is the way to go
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank kjzv237
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I'll start with the good. Overall the Park Lane is a great hotel. The rooms are excellent, from the full kitchen to the fireplace, the grounds are well maintained, hot Starbucks coffee in the lobby and a strong wifi signal on the grounds. The walls are a little thin and we had one relatively minor housekeeping issue which was quickly corrected. Again, the hotel itself was outstanding.

The bad: We were woken up just before 9am Saturday by a phone call inviting us to a timeshare presentation on the island. We stopped by the front desk on our way out for the morning and complained and received an apology. The following morning just before 10am we received the same phone call. On checkout the desk clerk called a manager and she addressed our complaints. She told us that the timeshare calls were something the hotel needed to do for business reasons, but that they had broken rules (only one contact and calls were to be made after 9:30 am).

Personally, I would not return while they were still partnered with the timeshare and calling guest rooms. The management needs to find a better way to promote the timeshare that does not involve disrupting guests in their rooms.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple