“Key cards a pain in the neck”

Park Lane Hotel and Suites
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I had to return many times for different key cards. They did not work. Other travelers were experiencing the same thing. The air conditioner was very loud. The sliding door barely worked. I called maintenance who came and sprayed it which helped a bit. The back opened up to the dog walking area which was not well maintained. The chairs on our little porch area had not been cleaned in a very long time. The room was a nice size and the shower was great. Would not return there. Too many other choices.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank H m
12parklane, Front Office Manager at Park Lane Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

You are correct....the key cards a a "pain in the neck"! However I am relieved to state that new keys have been ordered and materials purchased to correct all of the locks.....Yeah!

Reviewed 4 October 2013

We recently stayed at Park Lane for a few nights while visiting Hilton Head. We got a really great rate through a travel deal website and didn't know what to expect at this hotel. The room was large and appeared to have been updated recently; however, there were signs of wear-and-tear. The room was large and had a full kitchen, but the bathroom was tiny! I have never seen a hotel bathroom that was so small. The pool area was beautiful and clean. And the property appeared to be well kept. The free breakfast was a nice perk but really nothing extraordinary (bagels, cereal, muffins, etc). The location is fantastic! Close to everything and located right along a major bike trail. This hotel is simply average, however, I would stay here again if I got a great deal (but definitely would not pay the hotel's list price).

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the hallway ice maker. It made noise all night long, regardless if some...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank tnfirewife
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed here last weekend of sept rooms were clean free wifi was fast pool was clean nice sitting area to enjoy coffee real close to the beach and lighthouse about 3 to 5 min drive to go every where

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Fritokid
12parklane, General Manager at Park Lane Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

I am very happy that your stay with us went well. Now that you know us don't stay away so long!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I read that this property had been a Residence Inn and I was not sure what to expect whether it had gotten run down and changed names? The property is in very nice shape inside and out. The rooms are large with full size kitchen appliances. The bed was very comfortable, the furniture, rug and cabinets all it great shape and of good quality. We were not down for a "beach" getaway so the location was ideal to do the sight seeing and running around we had in our plans. Nicks the restaurant across the parking lot had great food and you dont have to get in the car. For families looking to keep food costs down you can have some/all of your meals in the room. You also get a free light breakfast in the lobby every morning. Overall Park Lane was very nice and we enjoyed our short two night stay

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Richard B

Great review for others looking to stay with us. Even though you weren't here for a "beach getaway" for those wanting the sun and sand we are only a short distance from the beach by bike or car!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We were booked into this hotel through an owners update from Coral Sands. We were told it was updated and very nice. The room appeared to be clean enough, but had a doggie smell. The sheets were very thin and I felt uncomfortable getting into bed. Overall, the whole place was kind of creepy. We were booked for 2 nights but left after 1 night.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank curlygirlNewYork

We understand that not all guests will give glowing reviews, however, I feel I must state that we are not "creepy" in the least and am wondering how thin sheets could convey that feeling. I would be interested to know should you want to email me back. Sorry your stay was not what you expected.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

The only reason we stayed at Park Lane was through an owners update meeting and Park Lane is where we stayed. According to the staff they have spent a lot of money upgrading the buildings. Well, they didn't spend enough!!! I would rate this place about the same as a Red Roof Inn if that good. We never knew if the toilet would flush the entire time we were there. Yes, they had to come to the room to fix that problem. The AC unit was on the wall directly beside our bed and it ran the entire time we were there. All of that AC blowing in our faces all night long was terrible. The bathroom needed lots of work to repair the wear and tear it had. Their free breakfast was the worst I've ever seen. We didn't even bother to eat there.

Room Tip: There isn't a restaurant and we didn't participate with kid activities which I don't thi...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Darla I
12parklane, General Manager at Park Lane Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to review the Park Lane Hotel & Suites. With over 20 items from which to choose I am surprised that you did not like our continental breakfast...it is very popular with our guests as is the Starbucks coffee. We are strongly considering a hot breakfast beginning with the new year so you may want to give us a second chance in the food arena! I do want to make certain that your toilet was fixed during your stay...your review reads as if the toilet was not working the "entire" time. Please email me back with your room number so I can make certain that the issue was taken care of. We hope you visit the island soon again.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I recently attended a 2-day conference which was held at the Park Lane Hotel. Our assigned room had an upstairs bedroom and we were surprised at how spacious it was. The suite had a full kitchen supplied with the comforts of home. Loved the fact that it had two full bathrooms (one upstairs and one down). I slept on the sofa sleeper and it wasn't bad, my sister slept upstairs in the bed and she said she got a good rest. The continental breakfast included the basic continental stuff, we actually brought items with us and ate in our room one morning but did take advantage of the hotel breakfast on the morning of our departure. We tried to take advantage of the exercise room but it isn't connected where you can enter through the hotel lobby and the lighting was poor. It was very small with only a couple of equipment pieces and my sister and I were only there for 5 mins.....didn't feel safe since it was so closed off and felt isolated. Our conference room was a nice size, we had about 80 participants and enjoyed having a conference room which was equipped with a kitchen as well as a nice lobby area with restrooms. The hotel location was great, close proximity to plenty of restaurants and we took advantage of shopping at the Tanger Outlets (great deals). The hotel does allow pets, I was a bit concerned and called to inquire about getting a room that did not have any previous pet guests....I was advised that they could not guarantee it because at some point, all rooms have had pets in them. The associate advised me that the rooms are thoroughly cleaned after a pet has left and I must say -- the room did not smell of a pet. The balcony could have used a good cleaning but other than that, we enjoyed our weekend stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank GAFamilyTraveler
12parklane, General Manager at Park Lane Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Thanks for reviewing your stay with us. Many of our guests love the lofts because of the convenience of having two bathrooms. I'm glad you found our Banquet Room top notch - the kitchen area is definitely an added benefit. Look forward to hosting your group again in the future.