“FANTASTIC Stay”

Park Lane Hotel and Suites
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I had the pleasure staying at Park Lane Hotel and Suites for 8 weeks. It was amazing. The staff from the time I walked into the front office to register until the time I left. The room was SPOTLESS and had all the accomadations to make my stay confortable. The pool was amazing to relax at the end of the day. Easy location to get to all the restarurants and sites to visit. I would like to comment on management for having such a great team. I know where I will stay next year and recommend the hotel to all people I come in contact with.

So peeps, pack up your bags and head to Hilton Head Island for the Motoring Festival and stay at the Park Lane Hotel and Suites!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jada1304
12parklane, General Manager at Park Lane Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you so much for the great review. I hope travelers take your advice and visit us for the Motoring Festival....it's a great time. We look forward to seeing you next year...unless you can't stay away and come back sooner!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

First of all, make sure you know that this "resort" is owned by Coral Resorts. By staying here you grant them permission to call you to request a timeshare showing. You of course can decline. The units have been "updated", so new counters, appliances, tile, etc. The bathrooms are tiny, so not much could be done there. Yes, the door key cards are a real pain in the butt, but you will eventually get in. They really need to replace the locks.

Our air conditioner unit was filthy and almost clogged with dirt/dust. I requested it be cleaned before the next people use the room - I didn't want the dust in my room after they cleaned it. Lighting is poor and could use updating. There is no longer dressers in the room - not that you need it for your 3 day "free" stay. The dishwasher was not attached to the cabinets/countertop.

The pool and hottub were nice - no complaints there. The breakfast was decent, but we ate in our room with stuff we brought.

There was a huge pothole in parking lot B and a stairwell door that was broken and therefore anyone could walk into the hotel.

In summary, $355 for 3 days isn't a bad deal for what you get.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
12parklane, General Manager at Park Lane Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Although we appreciate your review you are very wrong about the ownership of the Park Lane. We are a Condo-Hotel. Each unit is individually owned and therefore not owned by Coral Resorts. You were staying here as part of your package for agreeing to take a timeshare tour and your reservation was made through a separate company and not the Park Lane. Actually I am concerned about you receiving phone calls from outsiders requesting that you take a timeshare tour. That behavior is not allowed and I will be looking into that matter.
I agree that the keys and locks have been a huge "pain" for everyone but am happy to report that "better" quality keys have been ordered and have the instruments to clean the locks which is the source of the problem.
Again your mention of a stairwell door not working is of concern just for the reason you mentioned. Did you report it as broken? I have checked all the outside doors and was happy to find that all doors are secure.... The amount of your stay was not charged by the Park Lane and is strictly between you and the outside company you made your arrangements with.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I had to return many times for different key cards. They did not work. Other travelers were experiencing the same thing. The air conditioner was very loud. The sliding door barely worked. I called maintenance who came and sprayed it which helped a bit. The back opened up to the dog walking area which was not well maintained. The chairs on our little porch area had not been cleaned in a very long time. The room was a nice size and the shower was great. Would not return there. Too many other choices.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank H m
12parklane, Front Office Manager at Park Lane Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

You are correct....the key cards a a "pain in the neck"! However I am relieved to state that new keys have been ordered and materials purchased to correct all of the locks.....Yeah!

Reviewed 4 October 2013

We recently stayed at Park Lane for a few nights while visiting Hilton Head. We got a really great rate through a travel deal website and didn't know what to expect at this hotel. The room was large and appeared to have been updated recently; however, there were signs of wear-and-tear. The room was large and had a full kitchen, but the bathroom was tiny! I have never seen a hotel bathroom that was so small. The pool area was beautiful and clean. And the property appeared to be well kept. The free breakfast was a nice perk but really nothing extraordinary (bagels, cereal, muffins, etc). The location is fantastic! Close to everything and located right along a major bike trail. This hotel is simply average, however, I would stay here again if I got a great deal (but definitely would not pay the hotel's list price).

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the hallway ice maker. It made noise all night long, regardless if some...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank tnfirewife
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed here last weekend of sept rooms were clean free wifi was fast pool was clean nice sitting area to enjoy coffee real close to the beach and lighthouse about 3 to 5 min drive to go every where

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Fritokid
12parklane, General Manager at Park Lane Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

I am very happy that your stay with us went well. Now that you know us don't stay away so long!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I read that this property had been a Residence Inn and I was not sure what to expect whether it had gotten run down and changed names? The property is in very nice shape inside and out. The rooms are large with full size kitchen appliances. The bed was very comfortable, the furniture, rug and cabinets all it great shape and of good quality. We were not down for a "beach" getaway so the location was ideal to do the sight seeing and running around we had in our plans. Nicks the restaurant across the parking lot had great food and you dont have to get in the car. For families looking to keep food costs down you can have some/all of your meals in the room. You also get a free light breakfast in the lobby every morning. Overall Park Lane was very nice and we enjoyed our short two night stay

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Richard B

Great review for others looking to stay with us. Even though you weren't here for a "beach getaway" for those wanting the sun and sand we are only a short distance from the beach by bike or car!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We were booked into this hotel through an owners update from Coral Sands. We were told it was updated and very nice. The room appeared to be clean enough, but had a doggie smell. The sheets were very thin and I felt uncomfortable getting into bed. Overall, the whole place was kind of creepy. We were booked for 2 nights but left after 1 night.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank curlygirlNewYork

We understand that not all guests will give glowing reviews, however, I feel I must state that we are not "creepy" in the least and am wondering how thin sheets could convey that feeling. I would be interested to know should you want to email me back. Sorry your stay was not what you expected.