“Happy New Year”

Park Lane Hotel and Suites
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Reviewed 19 February 2014

staff freindly and courteous would have had a Great Time if it didn't rain the whole time we were there!! The room was clean but the bathroom sink was very tiny. I'm sure we'll go back but will check the weather forecast before we go.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lindarosewhite

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Very nice hotel. All the equipment in room including furniture and fixtures were well maintained. Hotel serves breakfast from 6:30 AM to 9:30 AM. They serve a lot of variety and stuff is fresh. The place gets crowded therefore you need to watch your timings. They also have unlimited Starbucks coffee and green tea supplies in the common area which is a nice freebie. I don't understand the concept of $10 resort fee. I think they could have made it a part of room charge instead of charging under separate head. But still I would say it is not anything hidden and is well advertised and communicated. Hotel is well secured. Entry to lobby and rooms is strictly on card basis. Parking is ample unless you just want to park near to the building. Kids enjoyed watching TV and we could not find anything else for them. We didn't use the air conditioning unit so not sure how good/bad was it. Coligny beach and grocery stores are within 3-4 miles range of the property and are easily approachable. All in all for the price paid it is value for money.

Room Tip: Rooms on the right towards the check-in lobby have sunlight while on the other side are darker.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Found a deal on living social was kind of skeptical after reading some of the reviews. Very nice place, super clean and great customer service. They could expand the parking area but that's my only complaint.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank MrsConley
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I bought a package thru Deal Chicken.com (Vacation Play.com). Hotel was Park Lane Hotel and Suites. I reviewed all pictures and reviews and was concerned about what I read, but was a quick weekend get away with my husband. Hilton Head is one of my favorite, close by, ocean spots. After checking in with Hilton Head Welcome Center for our passes to enter the hotel, we proceed to hotel. We are to stay in "B" area. The room seemed nice. We have stayed in worse while riding Harley's, so I can take a bit. The restroom downstairs large and very nice. Clothes closet is downstairs. Yes, there is a fireplace, nice kitchen, cable, etc. Nice perks. Bed is upstairs in loft area. No closets for hanging clothes, those are to be kept downstairs? The bathroom is so small that you cannot sit on the toilet and close the door. First night, someone next door is screaming so loud that we can hear everything thru the walls. Next day, you can hear every conversation outside of our room. Neighbors, crying dog in someone's room, etc. Finally on last day, husband up at 6:30 am, ready to leave. Bed sleeps like a hammock, he complains. We are leaving the hotel, go to check out and the front desk guy says, " Why leaving so soon?" Really? He did not want me to start. Then asked for a receipt? Really. I did not get a receipt, that comes upon checkout!! After getting on the highway, we realized that he was one of the persons "living" in the "B" section of the building that we stayed in. We got a good deal, but sometimes it is not what it seems. Never will I stay here again!

Room Tip: Definitely ask to see the rooms before you stay and I would not recommend staying in the section whe...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Deneen P
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I cannot recommend a hotel that requires payment of additional 'Resort Fee' to their advertized rates to pay for items that their webpage says are free. The hotel stated this was for coffee in the room, a cold breakfast, internet access, towels for the pool, use of a fitness area, local calls, etc - all those things you expect for a hotel of this type.

The the Room was nice, clean and well laid out. A nice kitchenette area with a sink, large refrigerator, stove with oven, dishes and all you need for a small efficiency apt. Room 342, by the elevator was very noisy with a FLOOR SHAKING compressor that ran for 30 seconds every 5-20 minutes 24 hours a day. It was hard to sleep and maintenance did not seem to care to fix it. The refrigerator was also old and noisy.

There was room rate error on the bill that took 2 days to fix after I was told it was corrected.

Room Tip: Stay away from room by the elevator
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Stayed here because of a livingsocial deal. The room was nice with a king bed and fireplace. The bathroom is small, as some other reviews mentioned, but I was not on Hilton Head Island to hang out in my hotel bathroom. Some updating could be done, but again, I was staying in a centrally located hotel on Hilton Head Island under $60 a night!! The continental breakfast was just ok, not deluxe as advertised on their website. Coffee is available 24/7 and cookies are available at night at the front desk. They allowed us to check in 2 hours early and even were willing to change our room to a first floor room (but we stayed with the 2nd floor king with fireplace). You have to buy logs for the fireplace, which they sell on site, but the front desk clerk referred me to a few places where I could purchase them cheaper. There was some noise at night and the rooms do need updating, but again, for what we paid, this was a good value.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SLRDLR
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This hotel is not a nice place to stay. My son walked into the room and immediately said he wanted to change hotels. The whole room needed renovating and smelled quite badly. The worst part of our three day stay was the final night when my wife woke up and said something bit her. On the pillow was a bug crawling away. We "popped it" and it was full of blood. We believed it to be a tick and showed it to the front desk who said "they didn't want to see it". We returned home and found it was not a tick, but in fact, it was a bedbug and they hitchhiked home with us. We are having a very hard time getting rid of them and it will cost us $2000 and countless hours of prep time for the professionals to exterminate them. My family has hundreds of bites which are quite itchy and embarrassing. Have left 3 messages for the hotel management to call me back with no return call. Guess it's time for a lawyer

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family