“An exceptional employee”

Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Hilton Head
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“An exceptional employee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Am staying three nights at Park Lane and young lady behind desk has been unbelievably helpful in guiding an old couple, my wife and I. Shwander showed me how to get on wire fi, find places, one behind me without laughing and stopped her chores to find a file and print travel details. Her smile lights up the room. (not a relative or previously known her)

Room Tip: pick a room near the doorways to avoid a long walk look for luggage racks
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bakermtn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Aiken, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

My wife and I are staying here through a third party tourist trap (aka: timeshare sales pitch). We got in our first room which was nice enough. Some items needed painting or updated, but nice enough. After unpacking everything we found that there was access to the roof from a fire escape emergency exit. Our neighbors had noticed this as well, and were out there making way too much noise. We tried to drown them out with the TV, but found it did not work. We were given another room, and moved all of our luggage there. Unpacked again, then the room smelled so bad my wife started feeling sick, so...we moved again! Third room was not loud and didn't smell, and guess what, the tv did not work here either. They ave fixed this tv now.. Needs some touch-ups, but is ok. I feel the hotel should have removed our problems instead of having us move at midnight. They cannot comp anything other than room taxes as everything was paid to the third party that put us here. Will say, through it all, the staff was very nice.

Room Tip: Make sure to check the room and neighbors out before unpacking to save the trouble of re-packing to...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 1234mark4321
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

The receptionist was very helpful, giving us directions to clubs and music venues. The room was clean with a large kitchen area. Some of the rooms are being painted. The location was within short driving distance to restaurants and shopping. Breakfast area had nice variety of items.
The only thing negative was that the bed wasn't that comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Hotel Staff are very nice. It began with my air not working. I reported it 3 times. Finally, on the 3rd complaint at 7 PM, on my way out to dinner, I am informed that it does not work & they can move me to another building, which I could not do because I was on my way to meet someone. Then at 2:56 am I am awakened by my phone ringing and folks screaming in the room next door. It is now 3:45 am and I am still awake because the same party has moved to the roof. I better be getting a comp room or ELSE.

Room Tip: Since this is my first trip here, no tips other than this is not ocean front or even close to the oc...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

It was a very nice and clean place. It is not at the Ocean like I was told it was when I booked it.It is 2 miles from Ocean. The area is very pretty and lots of Golfing for those that like to golf .Good food in the area and shopping

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 Thank tenwalkntn
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

The lady at the welcome cen. told us that this hotel was a 5 star hotel well it had chipped paint, fixtures missing, other rooms had signs on the door saying things didn't work or needs to be painted it was just horrible nice staff though thats it

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Joecarter975
Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

staff freindly and courteous would have had a Great Time if it didn't rain the whole time we were there!! The room was clean but the bathroom sink was very tiny. I'm sure we'll go back but will check the weather forecast before we go.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple