“A bit less than average”

Park Lane Hotel and Suites
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Price-wise with the Living Social deal it was good however the bathroom was tiny, dated, caulk around the shower and walls was filthy, cracked and broken in places, the beds were not very comfortable (a bit lumpy), additional fees were added at checkout beyond the Living Social deal in the amount of $26 (resort nightly fees & taxes), we couldn't get near the breakfast area as it was extremely small and crowded so we ended up going elsewhere. Pool towels are handed out by the front desk and the lady working the desk was quite rude, made you sign a form with the number of towels and informed us that if the towels weren't returned to the front desk by 10am the following morning. You couldn't leave them in the room for housekeeping to pick up. All in all it wasn't terrible by any means but we would most likely stay elsewhere when next we visit Hilton Head.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
12parklane, General Manager at Park Lane Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Thank you for your review. I would like to take the opportunity to respond to your concerns. Our housekeeping staff work very hard and diligently to maintain our accommodations that most people find great. There is nothing filthy in our bathrooms. Regarding the "lumpy bed" , the majority of our guests compliment us on our beds, so much so that they often request the manufacturer. However we do not like our guests to be uncomfortable so for that I apologize. The nightly Resort Fees are printed on all web sites prominently as was done with our Living Social deal so that should not have been a surprise to you. Our pool towels are presented to guests as most hotels do. It is unfortunate that you have to sign but so many guests would take our towels that we would have to replace them over and over. We apologize for the inconvenience but are assured that you would rather do that than have the expense of pool towel replacements reflected in your bill.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

To those that are writing complaints: GET OVER it! If you want all of that and more, then why don't you check into a much more expensive resort hotel??? STOP complaining! This hotel never purported to be an elite resort. It's a conveniently located, family-friendly, kitchen-equipped, reasonably priced, low-key hotel that's good for long-term stays. My family and I were VERY HAPPY and VERY COMFORTABLE during our stay. We always enjoy the fully-equipped kitchens wherever we go so that we can get some healthy home-cooked food in our system while we're vacationing. Our room wasn't palatial but it had two decent double beds with everything working fine. Using the incredible deal via Living Social made us even more happy. The front desk was always courteous as well as all the other attendants. While I generally ate my own prepared breakfast, they always had a generous supply of fruits and well-brewed Starbucks along with Tazo teas in stock. We'll be returning again as we enjoyed the island (our first visit) with the various activities we could do within the 3-mile radius from this hotel. I'd highly recommend this hotel. Having travelled and lived in 39 states, I know a TOP VALUE hotel for the money when I visit one. Trust me and don't get worked up with the reviews below.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
12parklane, General Manager at Park Lane Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you for your great review! I could not have said it any better myself!

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

An older hotel that appears to be going through some renovations. First the staff was friendly, and the room was clean. The room felt small, but did have a full size stove, and refrig, as well as a dish washer and microwave. The bathroom was very small. The room was quiet except for the refrig that would wake us a couple times a night because it was so loud. Breakfast was free, but crowed every morning. Nice selection, but no hot foods. Not close to the ocean or within walking distance to stores. Because of the location away from the best features of Hilton Head, I would no go back.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Am staying three nights at Park Lane and young lady behind desk has been unbelievably helpful in guiding an old couple, my wife and I. Shwander showed me how to get on wire fi, find places, one behind me without laughing and stopped her chores to find a file and print travel details. Her smile lights up the room. (not a relative or previously known her)

Room Tip: pick a room near the doorways to avoid a long walk look for luggage racks
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bakermtn
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My wife and I are staying here through a third party tourist trap (aka: timeshare sales pitch). We got in our first room which was nice enough. Some items needed painting or updated, but nice enough. After unpacking everything we found that there was access to the roof from a fire escape emergency exit. Our neighbors had noticed this as well, and were out there making way too much noise. We tried to drown them out with the TV, but found it did not work. We were given another room, and moved all of our luggage there. Unpacked again, then the room smelled so bad my wife started feeling sick, so...we moved again! Third room was not loud and didn't smell, and guess what, the tv did not work here either. They ave fixed this tv now.. Needs some touch-ups, but is ok. I feel the hotel should have removed our problems instead of having us move at midnight. They cannot comp anything other than room taxes as everything was paid to the third party that put us here. Will say, through it all, the staff was very nice.

Room Tip: Make sure to check the room and neighbors out before unpacking to save the trouble of re-packing to...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 1234mark4321
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The receptionist was very helpful, giving us directions to clubs and music venues. The room was clean with a large kitchen area. Some of the rooms are being painted. The location was within short driving distance to restaurants and shopping. Breakfast area had nice variety of items.
The only thing negative was that the bed wasn't that comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Hotel Staff are very nice. It began with my air not working. I reported it 3 times. Finally, on the 3rd complaint at 7 PM, on my way out to dinner, I am informed that it does not work & they can move me to another building, which I could not do because I was on my way to meet someone. Then at 2:56 am I am awakened by my phone ringing and folks screaming in the room next door. It is now 3:45 am and I am still awake because the same party has moved to the roof. I better be getting a comp room or ELSE.

Room Tip: Since this is my first trip here, no tips other than this is not ocean front or even close to the oc...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family