“Good location, huge well equipped room”

Park Lane Hotel and Suites
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is a great hotel in the centre of the island so conveniently located for everywhere. Our suite was lovely, very well equipped, spotlessly clean and a really good size, although our balcony was next to the air-conditioning unit for the other building so it was quite noisy. There was ample parking and a lovely pool area.

There were only 2 issues. The first was the wifi connection in our room wasn't great and the receptionist was rather unhelpful when I told her. She just gave me a phone number for the helpdesk for the ISP. I know how to connect to wifi but she just kept telling me I couldn't be connecting properly and they would help me. The second issue was the breakfast area. We were there mid week in May and there was nowhere near enough space for the guests so I dread to think how it would he on a busy weekend in high season. The breakfasts were good, just rather cramped for making breakfast and then often people would have to take their food back to their room.

Other than these small issues, this was a great location and I would not hesitate to stay here again if ever I was on HHI.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Karen W

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Nice pool area. Kitchen in your room!!! Nice decor. Big room. Easy check-in. Starbucks coffee. Free wi-fi. Hard-boiled eggs at breakfast would have been nice. I'll definitely stay here when I come back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Angela22_11
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a timeshare free vacation. The location is 2 miles from Coligny beach. This was a perfect distance to ride the bikes to the beach. The rooms have a kitchen to be able cool if you need to. Breakfast was ok, waffle maker would have helped. Coffee was good. Pools were good. Overall good stay. We had 2 adults and 14, 4 and 2 year old.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Drew-of-ten-sees
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Keys didn't work to our room so housekeeper had to keep letting us in. The walk to the front desk wasn't a short one in order for us to contact them to let us in. They kept putting us on hold whenever we tried calling about getting in our rooms so that's why we had to keep walking back and forth. Later on..they decided to move us to another room which smelled like piss.But the housekeeper did come and spray air freshener for us. The location was great tho.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My family and I stayed here for a week and it was great. Comfortable room, lots of space and close to pretty much everything. The staff was wonderful and helpful. My kids loved it. It was a great experience and I would stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank DaisyFay79
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel in April of 2014 and all in all, it was a very good experience. This was the first time that I brought my dog with me on vacation and I'm glad I did. It was much cheaper to bring her than it was to board her at the kennel. The property was nice and the grounds were well kept. The room had a full kitchen (which we stocked up with food) and everything worked properly. The furniture upstairs in the loft area was a little dated but no big issue. The hotel serves continental breakfast every morning (bagels, cereal, english muffins, yogurt, etc). and starbucks coffee and tea is available 24 hours/day.

The location was decent. There was a kroger and fast food restaurants on the same strip. The beach was a short drive away. I've been to Hilton Head several times over the years and this is the first time that I've stayed this far from the beach but it still wasn't an issue at all.

The only complaint that I had for the whole trip was a horrid noise that was coming from the outside of our room on the roof (we were on the 3rd floor). I believe it was an A/C unit. We made a call to the front desk and some checked it out. We did not have any sleep disturbances for the rest of our stay.

The pool was nice as well as the hot tub. Did have an issue beating the kids to the hot tub but other than that, no problems!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Great hotel for the price! Super friendly staff and awesome hotel suite. We stayed for a night and it's exactly what we needed for a quick visit! But definitely plan on staying here on our next visit to Hilton Head! :) Wonderful location with a great pool too!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple