“Nothing but the best”

Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I am in Hilton Head probably around 6x a month on business. This is by far the best hotel on the island. The rooms are impeccably clean, the property is kept tidy and the recent renovation is aesthetically pleasing. Amelia, Justin, Rita and Vitalia are always super-accomodating to me and make me feel at home. I consider them like my second family. There was one such instance where I missed breakfast by 15 minutes on Friday morning, and Amelia went back and still prepared me a tray. That was very nice of her. Justin always hooks me up with coffee as I'm somewhat of a java junkie. Rita and Vitalia continuously make me feel at home while sharing a laugh or two. Great hotel and I love coming here. Keep up the amazing work team!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
cheryl H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2014

Hi, Camlle T! We are so glad that you feel like you are at home! Thanks for mentioning the wonderful comment about some of our Team! We appreciate you loyalty and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 28 February 2014

We were visiting the area off season to see long lost friends rather than vacation. The hotel was secondary to our travel purpose.....but a real treat. Clean, neat and well cared for. From our desk help the first night (Natalia??? from Ukraine) to all the wait and service staff to the Manager (Greg
Burnes)----all personnel made us feel comfortable and very welcomed. I was particularly impressed with Greg's morning ritual of gathering the House staff to do some team building and to show them his support and appreciation for what they did. It was a nice reminder of just how management should relate to labor. And the staff was clearly energized by his conduct.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi, Elenitop! We are so glad that you took time to review our hotel! Yes, we definitely believe in our morning huddles...it does get everybody motivated for the day! We look forward to seeing you again soon! You can count on us!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

This is my wife and I's first visit to Hilton head. We decided to forgo the expensive hotels near the beach and instead choose to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. We are very glad that we did. The hotel is beautiful with a renovated lobby and comfortable rooms the staff is wonderful and everyone we came in contact with could not have been nicer. Their is an excellent breakfast in the lobby where everyone is greeted by the General Manager Greg. My wife and I were celebrating a special occasion and Greg invited us to the staff's huddle and allowed my wife to share her story. Our whole stay could not have been better everyone doestheir very best to make your stay the best it can be. we say all 10's and will come back and recommend this hotel

Room Tip: All rooms have a refrigerator,,microwave and Kerig coffee maker
4  Thank Jim W

Thanks, Jim W! We are so glad that you got to participate in our morning huddles and share your story with our Team! And, we are so happy that you enjoyed the time you spent with us! Please come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Nice facility, comfy beds, clean room. Staff very accommodating but some gave incorrect info re: directions, facilities. This hotel is not actually on Hilton Head Island but in Bluffton, over the causeway (which is a real traffic zoo during rush hours -- and we were there is February, not peak tourist time) from the Island. Great location if you want to shop the Tanger outlets (less than a mile away) but a bit far from most things on the Island itself & nowhere near a beach. The Cross Island Expressway, which you would use for quick access to most Island locations, is $1.25 each time you use it. It can be avoided but other routes take more time.

Room Tip: Check your AC system before you unpack. Some are very noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank SCJazzlady

Good day, SCJazzlady! We really appriciate oyu taking time to review our hotel! Thanks for mentioning our comfy beds and clean rooms! We look forward to seeing you soon! You can count on us!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Spotlessly clean hotel at the causeway to Hilton Head Island. Easy parking under and around facility. Easy commute to the island, Savannah, MCAS Beaufort, MCRD Parris Island, and the Naval Hospital. I would recommend this facility to anyone traveling for business or for pleasure, with or without family.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks so much for recommending our hotel, Chuck S! We really appreciate you taking time to post such kind comments about our hotel! We look forward to seeing you again soon! You can count on us!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Don't hesitate to stay here. It's immaculate, great food and even greater customer service. There are steps going up to the check in desk from the ground floor but there is an elevator for those who have trouble navigating stairs. There is a small parking garage also with an elevator and convenient surface parking as well.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hey...thanks, Barbara T, for commenting on our "great food and our even greater customer service"! We really appreciate you taking time to post a review of our hotel! Please come back and visit us again real soon!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

This was a nightmare--so much so that I never did stay, but insisted on leaving. I had booked a room with a sitting area--a kind of suite--for three nights. The sitting room had ONE overhead light with ONE 60 watt bulb, no other lamps and no window, and furniture that looked like it had just been retrieved from the dumpster. It also smelled of cleaning stuff, covering up something less pleasant. I cannot imagine anyone sitting in that sitting room room on purpose.

I was then changed to a room sans suite; this was a nonsmoking room that reeked of cigarettes and had cigarette burns on the desktop, which was sticky to the touch as well. I stayed about half an hour, then realized that I could not possibly get any sleep in that room. Of course, none of the windows open, so there was no way to air out either room.

This was all made worse by a very young woman--the only desk attendant in sight--who spoke English with a heavy East European accent and had trouble understanding me. In fact, from the housekeeping staff to the front desk, I found almost no one who DID understand/speak English. I am quite tolerant about this, having lived in Europe myself for a decade, but this was just too much.

This is not what I expect of Hilton. I makes me wary of any other Hilton in this area.

Note that the location, while seemingly convenient, is on a very busy highway that is difficult to access in busy times. There is not stop light at this point on the highway.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank MissingInfo
Greg-Burnes B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to respond to the survey regarding your recent reservation at the Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head. It is unfortunate that you did not spend the night or nights with us as your first impression is startling and disappointing. All the team members are committed to make each guests’ stay as comfortable as possible. Our property has a standard room and a suite room w/ an extended living area, sleeper sofa, end table w/ reading lamp, a reading chair, separate LCD TV, and desk w/ three way positioning lamp located in the interior of the hotel. A large two panel window is located in the bedroom area where another LCD TV and Garden Sleep System bed/s with the individual air adjustments on each side of the bed/s are located. Therefore, I am confused regarding the description posted earlier with only one light. The hotel is predominately non-smoking. Yet, there are occasions where a guest violates our house policy. Housekeeping does have a deep clean procedure to address the event which includes stripping all linens, extracting the carpet, utilizing an ozone machine to eliminate the odor and changing out all cloth products including pillows. Any damaged furniture is repaired or replaced. Windows do not open as designed to allow the wall mounted thermostat to perform at optimum level. Hilton Head is a vacation destination for all cultures of the world. We are fortunate to have a diverse staff able to greet guests from all over the world in their native language. If there is a language concern we encourage our team members to escort the guest to the desk or contact a supervisor in an effort to address any concern our guests may have. Thank you again for voicing your concerns as all concerns are reviewed with each of the staff members in order to share personal experiences as well as opportunities for improvement. We look forward to you future return next time in the Hilton Head. Greg Burnes – General Manager grg.burnes@hilton.com