“Trip to Hilton Head”

Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The hotel is very nice, but the bed were hard & for the price you would think that the breakfast would be free. The location of the hotel is on the opposite side of a busy street. Had to go up a 1/2 a mile, make a U turn to get back to the hotel

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
3  Thank Clinton H
cheryl H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

Hi, Clinton H!

Thank you so much for taking a moment to share your experience here at the Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, SC! I understand your frustration with the traffic here....this is a very busy time of the season, but we are so glad you chose us for your visit!

Also, I apologize about the bedding comfort. Our beds are the Hilton Garden Inn Sleep System and each side has a custom control. I apologize if this was not explained to you at checkin...I will refresh my Front Desk on this.

Again, we thank you for choosing to stay with us...and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future!

You Can Count On Us! Guaranteed!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

First I have to say I'm a Hilton fan and use their hotels all over the world. In the US the Hiton Garden Inn is my go to travel hotel, and the Hilton Head property did not disappoint. Staff were efficient and friendly, beds had adjustable firmness mode, and breakfast was very good. A real plus is the below hotel parking with elevators to all floors. Pretty location even though it is not actual on Hilton Head itself. Another reason the Garden Inn is my travel hotel is that you always have breakfast and dinner available in the hotel, so you don't have to search for a restuarant. However, at this location there is an excellent French restuarant, Claude & Uli's, literally 5 mins walk along the little road of Moss Creek Village. A definite plus-plus!

Room Tip: Normally get a room away from the elevator as they can be noisy in some of the hotels.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank A R H
cheryl H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2014

Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments about our hotel and HGI Team, A R H! And thanks for being a loyal HGI guest! We definitely strive to make every guest's stay a most enjoyable experience! We will see you the next time you visit Hilton Head, SC! You can count on us!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

While not actually on Hilton Head, this hotel is only feet from the causeway on to the island -- so great for running on to the island for dinner, beaches, etc. The Hilton Gardens is a very nice facility with wonderful, friendly staff. The cooked to order breakfasts (included in our package) were very well done.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
2  Thank Wayne P

Good day, Wayne P! We are so excited that you gave us such great compliments on our hotel and staff...thank you! We love it when our guests really enjoy their time with us...please come back to see us soon! You can count on us!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband was traveling to Hilton Head for work, so the family decided to tag along. This hotel was nice & clean. The downsides are that the room was on the small side for a family of 5. We did have a rollaway bed, but it was a tight squeeze. Not having a free breakfast was another downside. Paying $10 per person for breakfast was not doable for us. We opted to buy cereal and milk and eat breakfast in the room. The hotel is relatively close to the beach, but just on the other side of the toll. This means each time you go to the beach, you pay $1.25 to cross the toll. then another $1.25 when you return to the hotel. We paid quite a bit in toll fees. No problems with the room or hotel itself. They do offer covered parking and my kids enjoyed the complimentary lemonade & cookies in the lobby. The "adjustable" bed didn't seem to work for us. The bed felt very hard and when we turned the knob to adjust, we did not notice a difference.

5  Thank lilsprstr

Good day, lilsprstr!

Thank you so much for taking a moment to share your experience here at the Hilton Head Hilton Garden Inn! I am happy that you chose to "tag along" and stay with us! I do understand your concern with the breakfast cost, especilly with a family of 5! However, the breakfast offered is a cook-to-order and also a buffet...it really is great! Also, we are so glad that your children enjoyed the complimentary lemonade and cookies! Hope they enjoyed the beach as well....although paying the tolls could be a little costly!

You Can Count On Us! Guaranteed!

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay only 8 min from beach and the staff, rooms and everything about place was all hilton. You want find any nicer for price in season. Very Clean and safe. Breakfast was good for the price. I will stay again and tell friend about.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AllenCurtis_1

AllenCurtis_1, thanks so much for the great review of our Hilton Garden Inn! And, yes, please tell a friend about our clean rooms, wonderful breakfast, and great location! Please come along with them when they come to visit...we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

OK, I just spent several days in a conference at the Westin Savannah Harbor Resort which was beautiful. This part of my trip was not a pleasure trip, but a family situation. When I see Hilton, I expect it to a nice place. My expectations were not fulfilled for this visit. Where do I begin:
1. The card keys and/or door locks were not working properly. In less than one day I had the keys redone four or five times. I would go to my room, the key would not work, so back to the front desk. This did not seem to bother the staff at all. The front desk indicated that they had been having problems, but the manager indicated that he had no idea there were any issues with the keys. He even had trouble getting my room open when he brought his key. It took an effort, but he finally arranged for me to switch rooms. It is always so nice to have to pack up and move during your stay. The new room keys also had problems, but not to the same degree. They only didnt work three times. Not to worry about the staff, they really do not mind at all printing up new keys. One young man indicated that having to get new keys was not harassment, no real problem at all.
2. The beds in both rooms had "sink holes" in them. After taking a shower my imprint from sleeping was still in the bed. When I was getting keys at the desk another guest was making a similair complaint.
3. There was a nice hutch and basket for towels in the workout room. Too bad there werre no towels.
4. If you have kids, check all the electrical outlets before you let them near them. In my second room the covers were very loose. Almost to the point of coming off.
5. A couple of days the room smelled a bit strange. I am not sure if it was the back bay bog smell or what. But it was not an every day thing. The location is not that great. Expect a half hour drive to a beach.
6. I called the second day due to my continued frustration. I decided to call the Hilton main number to complain and allow them to help resolve this location's performance issues, not to wait until after I left. Guess what? This location made no effort to contact me. The e-mail from the complaint said that I would be contacted within 72 hours. That didnt happen. I then contacted them. The plus side is that after I contacted them and was on hold a couple of times they did give me a discount. I would have preferred the room keys to work, a quality mattress, and towels in the exercise room.
Overall, this was much less than expected for a Hilton chain hotel. It is my worst stay anywhere in a long time. I hope they change out the manager and reset expectations.

5  Thank daryldlb

Hello, daryldlb!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our Hilton Garden Inn in Hilton Head, SC! We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize that you were disappointed with your stay! I will discuss the concerns with the Management Team and immediately correct any issues. We will definitely take your comments under consideration as we continually strive to improve our guest experience. We are listening!

We hope you will consider staying with us in the future!

You can count on us! Guaranteed!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

The hotel was nice and clean. Staff was friendly. The hotel is not on Hilton Head Island, but it is a short drive (if no traffic); unfortunately, at peak times the road to Hilton Head Island can get congested. If you get the Breakfast buffet, they will make a fresh custom omelette (no added cost) which is much better than the eggs in the buffet line.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alj1982

Hi, alj1982! Thanks so much for taking time to review our hotel...and,yes, our omelette a are delicious! We look forward to seeing you again soon! Have a wonderful day!