Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head
Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort(Hilton Head)(Great Value!)
US$273
US$94
US$91
Red Roof
US$554
Hampton Inn Hilton Head(Hilton Head)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$365
US$338
Marriott's Grande Ocean(Hilton Head)
US$752
US$736
US$393
All reviewsu turnfront deskmoss creekqueen suitecovered parkingunderground parkingtanger outletsbusiness centerminute drivevery nice hotelnice stayeasy accesshousekeeping staffhgilobbyblufftonisland
Reviewed 1 July 2014

First I have to say thank you to all that posted reviews about this hotel that I was able to refer to as the comments were true from the location, beds, breakfast and décor. My family and I just returned today 7/1 from a 2 night stay. I have to first commend Linda and Justin for being so polite and helpful, they were truly a pleasure to interact with. Now my take on the "hotel", I do think for a Hilton this hotel is below expectations and over priced. If you plan to visit the hotel, it is not visible at all from the road and I never even saw a sign, so I hope you have GPS or look for the Shell gas station and follow the road around. The lobby obviously has been updated to entice visitors but the rooms are very outdated...very outdated. The beds were okay but the option to adjust the bed made no difference at all. Exercise room had 2 treadmills, 1 elliptical, and weights. I liked the fact there were individual tv's on the equipment so you can watch what you want. The pool area is nice but I was a little apprehensive about being out there without my husband as the pool area is at the back of the hotel and anyone can walk into the gate because it does not lock or require any room key to ensure you are a guest. And bring your own towels as towels were not replenished as needed. Breakfast was average, but I highly recommend doing cook to order rather than eating from the bar. The location of the hotel is reasonable if you don't want to stay near the water and pay those high prices but if décor and hotel amenities are a huge concern, then you may want to reconsider. There are plenty of eating establishments close by and the Tanger Outlets were less than 2 miles from the hotel. If I return back to the area, I certainly could stay at this hotel, but it won't be my first or second choice.

Room Tip: Request 2nd or 3rd floor. A lot going on on 1st floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Shareese
cheryl H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Hi, Shareese!!!

Thanks for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn!

Thanks for taking time to post a review of our hotel...I will pass along your compliments of the great guest service to Linda and Justin! Also, thank you for giving us feedback about our breakfast...we continually strive to improve on our breakfast selection and service!!! Also, I will forward your concerns about the sercurity of the pool access to our Chief Engeineer....we will discuss...and we are listening! Hope you got a chance to enjoy the shopping at the outlet!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Cheryl High, General Manager

Reviewed 27 June 2014

The location was really good. About 20-30 min to the beaches, and 30 min to Savannah.
The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom needed some updating.
Breakfast was good. You could choose from a $4.00 cold (bagel, yogurt etc) or a $10.00 hot (waffles, omelet, etc) breakfast. The service was good.
I have to agree with previous review about the beds. They are "adjustable" but are not that comfortable.
I really liked the foyer with a very modern feel to it. Also, I liked the little deck with tables and chairs; you can relax, eat breakfast etc.
The view from our window was terrific. There is a little pond back, very pretty.
Overall, it was a nice stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top (3rd) floor with a view. The view from our window was terrific. So many birds we saw right outside of our window.
1  Thank NewtonMam
cheryl H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2014

Thanks, NewtonMam, for taking time to post this most kind review! We are so glad you enjoyed the time you spent with us! Please come back and visit us again soon! You can count on us!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Overall, we were very happy with the hotel. It is conveniently located between the Tanger Outlet Malls and the bridge to Hilton Head Island. (It's a little hidden behind the trees, so approach slowly to find the entrance.) The hotel offers both garage and outdoor parking, breakfast (for a fee) and comfortable rooms equipped with the normal amenities plus a microwave and refrigerator with small freezer section. The mattresses have a dial to adjust the firmness or softness, which is a nice idea, but not sure how well it worked. Also, the air conditioner is located by the window with the controls on the wall. The AC unit was rather loud when on and it was hard to achieve a comfortable temperature, but happy to have AC. Overall the room was very nice. I would like to note that the king room was plenty big enough for 2 people and a baby play yard, with room to spare.There were a few minor cracks in the bathroom tiles and the shampoo and conditioner brands did not match, but those are minor details. I would say our biggest complaint was that there was only one luggage trolly for the hotel. When carrying suitcases and accessories for a whole family, that be extremely difficult. Also, when checking in, although my company had already checked in and secured the rooms with their credit card, I still had to present my card for incidentals for my room. I should only have been given a key and not had to present my card. That was annoying as well. However overall, I would recommend the Hilton Garden Inn and would probably stay there again if in the area.

2  Thank CreativeOfficer

Thanks so much for taking time to post a review of our hotel, CreativeOfficer! We definitely appreciate the feedback. Overall, it sound like you enjoyed your stay and we are happy that you will visit us again! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel is located in a good area but it is a little hard to get to. Hint: on west bound side of 278 there is a gas station just west of the hotel - go alongside the gas station to the road behind the gas station directly to the hotel entrance. We stayed here for 5 nights. Breakfast is not included here costs $10 per person. We opted to eat at different places. Try the IHOP in Bluffton - New, clean and good breakfast. The beds in this hotel are air mattresses. They are terribly uncomfortable and there is no air setting that will make them better. I prefer a feather pillow rather than foam but this particular hotel does not have any. The temperature control in your room is on the wall. Because the fan shuts down when the temperature is reached, there are wide variations on comfort level that can be achieved - either freezing or warm. Pool is nice, but towels were rarely available in the afternoon. During the afternoon and evening there is free sweet tea and Lemonade in the lobby. This hotel is good for its location, close to Hilton Head. Take Business 278 into the island and save $1.25 each way to get to the same places. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank h s

Hello, h s! We appreciate you taking time to share your experience here at the HGI! The feedback you provide will help us provide the best guest experience! And thanks for sharing our secret access...lol! Please come back to see us again soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The reservations were incorrect and the price of breakfast is cheaper at other places than at the hotel itself. The cleanliness of the hotel was very good but I have stayed at many Hilton hotels in the past and this one is the first and only one that charged for breakfast and $10 each just was not a reasonable for amount for us.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
4  Thank Richard B

Hello, Richard B!!!

Thanks for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn!!!!

Thanks for taking time to post a review of our hotel...I will pass along your compliments of the cleanliness of our hotel to our entire Hotel Team!!! Also, thank you for giving us feedback about our breakfast...we do offer cook-to-order breakfast in addtion to the buffet. We continually strive to improve on our breakfast selection and service!!!

You can count on us!!! Guaranteed!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Cheryl High, General Manager