“Wonderful spot!”

Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Hilton Head
Brodhead, Wisconsin
“Wonderful spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

Loved our time at the Omni - spent 4 nights and loved every minute. Beach is great, bikes are fun and the property is very nice. I think the best on the Island from what I could see of other spots. I would highly recommend this location. We did the Bed and Breakfast option with buffet every morning, I would recommend that if not getting breakfast on the island is a bit of a hassle. The Country Store just down the street does have nice fare too. You can rent bikes on property, I would reserve early before you get there or there is an outfitter down the road. But having a bike was very fun, even for our teens.

Room Tip: All the rooms may say ocean view but the views are slanted views, so don't be disappointed. The...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

The Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront is a very nice hotel. From the parking attendants to Jennifer at the front desk, to the maids everyone was extremely friendly and personable.

The room was very nice and the bathroom was a 10. No issues. Every hotel should have a separate sink area away from the toilet/shower.Well done Omni!!

The beach is truly a few stairs from the hotel and I must add clean and not crowded. We even saw dolphins thanks to the friendly lifeguards. Thanks ladies!

The hotel is so nice I'm going back a few weeks later. It's convenient to everything. You will truly get a Caribbean vibe at the Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront.

I only think I would suggest to management is some TLC for the private wooden balconies. Wood and salt water not a good mix.

I will most definitely visit this property several times a year.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Rooms very clean and very well maintained , staff was very friendly. Bed comfortable. I will visit again. Check in was smooth. Hotel has many amenities including adult pool. Beach front was beautiful.

Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed at the Omni Hilton Oceanfront Resort for 4 nights in August. All things considered it was a successful stay.
The outdoor area – 2 pools for families and 1 adult pool – was beautiful. We were told the pool area of the renovation has been completed and it shows. I don’t know if they have a 30 minute saving rule for chairs or not, but if they do, it is certainly NEVER enforced. I believe I spent a lot of time during the day staring at towels over some chairs and never any people. (and yes, a rule such as that can be enforced -- I have stayed at several resorts where it was) It would be extremely nice if there was some area in the pool area for people who burn easily or who don’t care for the blazing sun. They have a few umbrellas and a few cabanas for rent, but the vast majority of the lounges are in the merciless sun. Also, it would be good to have some assistance to find vacant lounges and help patrons set up, rather than someone to just hand over towels and record room numbers. Some hotels provide water and refill constantly. Other hotels provide water by the pool, usually at the towel hut. The Omni – well, you had to leave the pool area and go find some. It’s the Little Things. (If water was provided and I just missed it, then I apologize).
Housekeeping is the area where I can be the pickiest. The ladies did a wonderful job -- when they finally arrived. For three out of four days the room was not serviced until late afternoon. One day we had to phone to request service and they arrived promptly after that. The only reason it’s an issue is that “occasionally” on vacation one would like to take a nap and not wait on housekeeping before doing so. However, I understand that all the rooms cannot be serviced before lunchtime so next time I will request a time. The carpets in the hallways and elevators were always filthy. I suppose part of it is due to needing renovation, and part of it is the constant sand from the beach. I have stayed at other beach resorts where this was not a problem but perhaps here it just is.
Room service was very prompt and the server friendly and helpful. I was told by the server that the 20% gratuity on my check went to the hotel and not the servers. I had never heard that before and if it’s true then shame on the Omni, Hilton Head, for misleading us and stiffing their room service wait staff. If the server misled me, then . . . .
Breakfast buffet was good, even though I despise buffets (it was easy to remember why when I saw a young boy sneeze on the bread tongs). There was also an area to purchase just cereal and coffee and pastries from a Starbucks. Lunchtime was definitely a weak point. Pool service was somewhat slow and the main area to obtain lunch was at the pool and outside. Although it’s a covered area, the heat and humidity would make for an uncomfortable lunch. Lunch inside was at the “General Store”. Ambiance there is completely lacking and the food not as great. I know it was the same food as by the pool – perhaps it just didn’t travel well.
Once again, it’s the little things.
The hotel is reportedly ready for a complete makeover in 2015. I will say that our room (very large) was very nice. The bathroom was a little sad, but the carpet in the room seemed new and everything was very clean. The furniture was also in very good shape. Other than the bath, it almost could pass as already updated. I can’t imagine how great things will look after the renovation.
The hotel employees were the best – I mean it. One example is I don’t think I EVER opened the front door one time. The valet guys opened the car door and immediately another young man ran to open the hotel door, all the time saying welcome back and making pleasantries about hoping we had a good lunch or dinner…..
I hope this review doesn’t sound too critical as our overall experience was pleasant. We plan to be in the area again next year and perhaps will try again – especially to see the renovation. Perhaps we will try another resort, as nothing at the Omni made me absolutely want to return.

Room Tip: I understand room selection can be tricky. Perhaps an in-person phone call to be absolutely sure in...
Nashville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Beautiful hotel with breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean. The hotel staff are extremely friendly and work diligently to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Good food, entertainment, and activities available to make your trip your own.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Hilton Head, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

A nice stay. However, the hotel is not up to Omni Hotel & Resort standards. Maybe in 2015 when all the rooms are renovated it will make a significant improvement. Staff was not as friendly as expected at this particular resort. Great location!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

This resort is beautiful, clean and has friendly helpful staff. We stayed at the resort last year and came back a second time. Enjoyed the pool and children's facilities and will definitely be back again.