3,566 results
All reviews adult pool buoy bar palmetto market hh prime restaurant mini kitchen family pool ocean view fire pit parking lot palmetto dunes rocking chairs rooms are large ping pong great amenities pool side beach access beautiful property
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at this beautiful resort for 8 days. Beautiful, clean, fantastic staff and so many amenities. The concierge Jane was warm and knowledgeable, especially with my Savannah cruise reservations. You could tell she loved her work. The bell staff was awesome, always helpful and right on top of getting you to the right place. We used the hotel shuttle many times and always got a friendly, timely ride. The interns from Europe, learning the business, were warm and always willing to help, especially Dorisz. Front desk staff were fast with check in and friendly. We loved the fried shrimp, wings and crab cake at the Buoy Bar and ate there several times, also great service. HH Prime had the best she crab soup I have ever eaten, creamy and lots of crab meat. We swam in the adult pool, it was big and quiet. The housekeeping staff was extremely friendly, efficient, and were right on top of getting us what we needed for our room. Security and maintenance staff were competent and pleasant. There were little perks like fresh peach tarts from the chef and champagne and lemonade in the lobby. We highly recommend this hotel for a fun and relaxing resort experience.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool / courtyard are really nice.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Dragonfly1004
TheoS1286, General Manager at Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are so glad that you had a great time while at the resort, and enjoyed all the amenities we have to offer on property! Please keep us in mind for your next beach getaway.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very lovely hotel, I especially enjoyed the three pools! Most hotels in the area have one, which can make for a crowded experience, the Omni is not that way at all. Lovely views, live music, outdoor fire pits. Comfortable room with lots of space, and a great view! It was very relaxing! In my opinion the hotel food wasn't anything special, but everything else outweighed that.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the great review! We are so glad that you enjoyed our pools, and all the amenities we have to offer on property! Please keep us in mind for your next getaway to the beach.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We enjoyed an extended Labor Day weekend in Hilton Head at the Omni. This was our first trip to the Island and the resort. We arrived close to midnight and had a quick and easy check in experience. I had requested an ocean view room (without a view of the parking lot as mentioned by other reviews) and we had a room on the fourth floor overlooking the pools and the ocean. The room was clean, well designed, and had a beautiful view! We enjoyed having the sink, fridge, and counter table in the room. After a very quiet night's sleep, we enjoyed a room service breakfast, which was very good.

Umbrella and chair rentals from the lifeguards was reasonable and easy. There is a nice wide beach in front of the Omni, and it was not significantly crowded in either direction, which was nice for walks along the beach. We enjoyed lunch and afternoon drinks at the Buoy Bar by the pool. The wait staff were very friendly and efficient. One day there was live music by the pool, and other day a DJ, which were both great.

We ate dinners off site, using the free hotel shuttle one night to drive us to and from a restaurant close by. They will take you anywhere within a 3 mile radius, which was great!

Service in our room was very efficient, and they always managed to get in and out while we were out of the room. It amazed me how effective they were in keeping up with sand tracked into the hallways from the beach.

We loved our stay at the Omni, and plan to visit again! We were able to have a relaxing, enjoyable weekend!! We enjoyed this Omni site much more than the Omni at Amelia Island.

Room Tip: Would suggest an ocean view room on the 4th or 5th floor facing the center pool areas and ocean.
1  Thank islandtime0101
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Disclaimer: This is my second time to this hotel. I came back because I loved it. I did not experience noise complaints the first time because there were no events.

I disappeared with my dog to this "relaxing getaway" hotel and paid extra for an Oceanfront room. I needed a relaxing time to get away from life for a few days. I was placed in a 2nd Floor "Oceanview" room in the SOUTH complex. Do not be fooled, THERE IS NO "OCEAN" in the "oceanview". This is a glorified parking lot view, with just a little bit of ocean over the treeline if you look hard. Don't pay extra for this unless you're guaranteed a room on the top 2 floors. But, fine, let's move on.

The resort is old, and while the interiors looked fairly updated, the exteriors are dirty and grimy. Banisters COATED with dirt, grime, and germs and the exteriors need to be pressure-washed and painted. Streams and water features of previous visits have been removed and not restored after hurricanes. The AAA Four-Diamond inspector was clearly blind during this hotel's inspection.

I brought the dog, as I mentioned (for $200), and the pet relief area is covered in fire ants and both of us suffered many bites. They were everywhere. The $200 was a bit steep, but I paid it happily to have the pup with me.

The proximity and short beach path is really the number 1 feature of the hotel, if I had to name one.

The REAL disappointment was the noise. This wedding venue FACES the South Building balconies (mine). While there were no weddings planned on Thursday, there were both on Friday AND Saturday. From 6pm to 10pm, there was EXTREMELY loud music playing the entire time. I heard every song, every LYRIC, every toast, every announcement with PERFECT clarity from inside. Walls and balcony doors were paper thin, and the party was hopping outside. After the weddings on both nights, you hear whooping and hollering from drunk wedding guests making their way through the parking lot for 30-45 minutes meaning you really do not have any quiet time in your room from 6pm to 10:45pm. Not relaxing, not serene. As someone who loves parties and loud music, I NEEDED relaxation on this trip. And it was denied. A visitor of mine who came over that works in the hospitality industry as well was absolutely shocked at the noise levels INSIDE the room and said this was a BIG problem for the resort.

I called the manager, and the most they offered was to cover my hamburger from room service (bland and overcooked plastic). Food from room service was terrible and not worth the high cost (glad it didn't cost me anything). The manager stated that they would "call security". We all know there's nothing that a hotel is going to do about a loud wedding that is making them BIG BUCKS. And that's exactly what happened. Nothing. Can't turn it down. Called back again and spoke with the front desk - nothing changed.

Upon checking out, I spoke with another manager. Who listened but did nothing. I asked for one day comp'd due to:
-No notification of potential noise problems ahead of time (there's no way they didn't know, read other TripAdvisor complaints about this...it's COMMON at this hotel)...which would have forced me to modify my trip or request a different room that was not affected.
-No rectification of noise complaints when they happened.
-My stay being disturbed and not relaxing keeping in good faith of a FOUR DIAMOND hotel.

The manager stated "absolutely not" and proceeded to offer to comp my resort fee ($20/day) for the two days they had weddings. I told her this was not good enough...and I had made my request again which was denied. I informed her that there is no way I would have chosen her hotel if I knew ahead of time of the noise and disturbances that I would experience. I also told her there's no way I would have spent ADDITIONAL money on an Oceanview room if I was going to be subjected to direct noise in my face (and unable to use the balcony) because I chose the Oceanview. I would have chosen the pool/garden view where I would EXPECT a reasonable amount of noise during daylight hours until the evening time.

This hotel knows there's problems, and wants the wedding business, but screws the leisure travelers that stay in their premium "oceanview" rooms on this side of the event space. The management sounded like they hear this REGULARLY and recited canned speeches that basically said, "sorry, but there's nothing I can do". I even told them there are things that they could do such as be proactive and put notices in people's rooms informing them of noise, or DISCLOSE these events at the time of checkin, or limit audio levels at their wedding venue, or point speakers AWAY from buildings as a requirement of DJs/Bands, and even gave them some advice about newer DJ speakers available that narrow in the sound field to limit it more to certain areas. They were NOT interested in what I had to say and just smiled and kept repeating the same canned phrase - which irritated me even more that they know it's a problem and refuse to fix it and still collect HIGH DOLLAR amounts for their rooms. It's almost like a scam.

I've stayed at theme park resorts in Orlando, and they ABSOLUTELY put notices on checkin counters and in rooms when there will be noise that could affect a guest's stay. And most of these aren't Four Diamond hotels. Get with it Omni.

This problem is daily operation at this hotel, and it was very clear that they weren't going to do anything about it...and they definitely weren't going to inconvenience the weddings. The weddings here unfortunately mean more to them than the leisure guests. I would definitely book a wedding here - you'd have the run of the house!!

DO NOT STAY HERE IF THEY HAVE EVENTS PLANNED IN THEIR EVENT VENUE ONSITE. THIS IS YOUR WARNING!!!

A definite shame, could be a nice place otherwise if they cleaned it up, figured out the event noise problems, and had managers that cared about concerns and not reciting canned speeches in the same fashion as an Overseas Call Center helping you with your computer.

I am also issuing my complaints to the Omni Corporate offices. I attempted to contact the General Manager, but never received any communication back. I'm sure I'll get a canned copied/pasted response on this review in due time from them.

Room Tip: Low Floor Oceanview A Ripoff, Avoid ALL Oceanview South Building Rooms
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
5  Thank Ryan S
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed for 5 nights in early September. We selected the Omni due to the location, size of the rooms, and overall amenities. We flew into Savannah (love that airport!), rented a car and made the short drive to HH (about 45 minutes or so).

It was our first trip to Hilton Head, and we had planned to rent a condo, but were not sure about the best location. So we chose the Omni to get the lay of the land due to its mid-island location, on the beach, with large rooms. We were not disappointed. We had an ocean front room with a balcony. (If it works for your budget, go for the ocean view.) There are three pools, including an adults-only pool. Our only complaint about the pool was that people tend to hog the chairs under the umbrellas for the entire day. if you are not in the shade, the HH sun was fairly intense. There is no shade aside from the somewhat diminutive umbrellas.

The room was huge....plenty of room for two queen beds and a kitchenette. After dining out a few nights we instead went over to Fresh Market, a mile or so away, and stocked up on pre-made food and a roaster chicken - brought it all back to the room and ate well for $25 or so. It was nice to have the option to do so.

One things that drives me nuts about resorts is when they try to cross-sell the guests tirelessly. We experienced none of that, not a word. We did not eat in the on-site restaurants so cannot speak to those amenities. The staff, overall, was super friendly and accommodating without fawning over guests. Laid back, and we appreciated that.

A very nice feature is a large fire pit. Several nights we sat around the fire on rocking chairs while solo singer/guitar players sang mellow song sets. Impossible not to relax in that setting.

The fitness room is fairly small and not terribly well equipped, but adequate unless you are a serious workout person. Bikes can be rented on site. We took a one hour bike ride around some local neighborhoods, and it was fine.

Also nice is the central location of the Palmetto Dunes area. There are several grocery stores, bars, and restaurants immediately around the entrance to the PD resort area. HH is only 10 miles long so a leisurely drive down to Sea Pines takes 15 minutes or so. Harbor Town is just shops and tourist stuff, but the yachts in the marina were fun to observe. We ate at the venerable Salty Dog one evening, of tourist legend in Sea Pines, and found it to be, well, touristy. Fun, but not particularly alluring as an eatery or bar location.

Last, the Omni beach is fantastic. I'm an early riser so I would be walking/running on the beach at dawn. The beach is flat, firm and huge at low tide. You feel like you have the place to yourself.

For those of you new to HH, as we were, it is veeeery laid back, and mellow in a favorable way. I wore golf shirts with a collar much of the time and felt like I was overdressed. Flip flops and t-shirts are fine, in a good way. We recommend that you try it out.

In, sum the Omni hit the mark on almost every score. If you are looking for a sensible, quality, accommodating spot on HH, you surely can't do much better.

Room Tip: Get the ocean view, on third to fifth floor. Lovely view of the beach.
1  Thank Kent N