“As Bad As It Gets”

Motel 6 Hilton Head
Motel 6 Hilton Head
Ranked #28 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Reviewed 6 November 2006

I won't report any violent criminal activity, but I was approached by prostitutes and drug dealers. As for the decor being described as "old English", I'd just call it OLD...as in Goodwill, curbside, etc.

The room was dirty, disgusting and greasy! You can find better accomodations elsewhere for the same, or not much more money. Hilton Head Beach & Tennis club has condos right on the ocean in this price range. I reccomend staying away from Motel 6 at all costs! Especially for families.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank JimmyJeff

Reviewed 14 August 2005

Didn't have the cleanliness issues a few others did, we were very pleased with how big the room was, it didn't have the table and chairs by the window most motels have, but then again we didn't travel over 1300 miles to sit at a table in our room either. Pool was great, front desk was very friendly, the only problem I had was returning to the room just as housekeeping was closing the door, and had found that she had just finished using my lotion. (this was apparent by the overwhelming smell of cucumber melon, and the wet hand prints on the lotion bottle). While it may sound very petty, I did not appreciate my personal products being used, without permission, and made me wonder if housekeeping was bold enough to do this, what else had she helped herself to? I voiced my concern to the front desk, and was told I would be contacted by management, which was not done. Since this is not a huge issue, I decided if my little bit of lotion helped relieve someones dry and cracked hands, so be it, and let it go. I'm sure we would stay again, they are in a great location, and very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: July 2005
3  Thank shy4angel
Reviewed 10 May 2005

When you consider the rooms are $50 a night and at the holiday inn express... rooms are $160 a night, you get a lot more than what you pay for. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel for any budget traveller or students looking for a decent place to crash. The location is not bad considering that you're in the middle of the island... about 3-5 minute drive to the beach... not within walking distance.

We spent all our time out and about, and at $50 dollars a night, we were able to eat at great restaurants every night and were able to afford some neat activities during the day. This trip was the third time I've stayed at this hotel, and it probably won't be the last.

• Stayed: April 2005
7  Thank pontifex
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 28 June 2004

This is 1 of only 2 hotels on the island that has a few rooms to bring your pets. We've stayed there about 2 times so far and I think it's an excellent value. Rooms were clean, great location on the island. Staying there again next week. I also have not experienced any of the issues with the hotel listed below.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 March 2004

Enjoyable stays...over three times at this location. We didn't have any of the cleanliness problems as stated by others leaving reviews. We visit the island to bike ride and dining...would stay at Motel 6 again.
Has a good pool and good location.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 January 2004

We stayed at this motel for two weeks over the Chrismas Holidays in 2003. We rented a kitchen unit to do our own cooking, mainly breakfast and lunch.Excellent value for the price paid. Clean towels and linens available for the asking.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 October 2003

When I arrived.. the first unwelcoming sign in my room was i saw a roach run for cover.. and plus there were *** stains in one of the 2 beds in our room.. so i voiced my displeasure and the lead lady apologized and said that happens like slim to none but still to stay in a room with roaches and some strangers *** freaked me out

14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member