“Clean and basic” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Hilton Head
Columbia, South Carolina
“Clean and basic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Don't expect many amenities but was in a good location. There is a small pool and it is right next door to Stacks, a great breakfast place. Is located between Shelter Cove and Wexford Place. The bed was not real comfortable, there was no coffee maker in the room, although they do provide coffee in the lobby.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank for your review. I know you had one of our basic rooms. But remember we do offer upgraded rooms that do include a coffee maker and many other amenities for just a few dollars more.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Chris Anselmo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The room was clean and updated. They are the only hotel in the area that doesn't charge a pet fee, although in no hotel will you be able to bring your pet and leave them in the room. They will forward you to an awesome doggie daycare close by for a very fair price. Red Rover. The location is good as well. You will have to drive to the beach, but it's not long enough to worry about, it's 1 min. I'll be staying here again when I return.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review. As you know we are pet friendly and the bonus is there is no charge. And you are right we do ask that you not leave your furry friend alone(even the best pets can become scared and bark) but how true that Hilton Head has some great doggie day cares at a very reasonable price for our other members of our family.

We cant wait to see you again on your next venture to Hilton Head.
Statham, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We got the deluxe king room and was supprised by it. Had a little extra room, a mini fridge, an area to sit with a laptop or ipad and the floor wasn't carpet. I hate the carpet in hotels. you never know what could have been spilt or otherwise be on it. This hotel has a solid floor. The desk staff was great, one thing I didn't really like was having to tell them we didn't use the safe. Otherwise they charge you to use it. Kinda on the honor system I guess, but they charge you unless you tell them you didn't use it. The bed was very comfortable, and shower had good pressure. One draw back is the A/C is right beside the be and is noisy. It didn't bother my wife, but it did me. Otherwise this was a great place to stay and I'd stay here again.

1 Thank slw642000
Thank you for taking the time to do such a nice review. Our guests love the superior king rooms with all the amenities. The renovation we went thru last was great, and I agree the hardwood floors make the rooms feel spacious.

We do hope you will visit again next time you are in Hilton Head.
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Krista was so wonderful when we first arrived. The staff was awesome. The upgraded hotel additions were nice and we loved that they did not charge for pets. K rystal suggested we go to mitchelville beach which we wouldn't have gone if she didnt suggest. We found starfish and horseshoe crabs and shells and went on trails...it was so much fun!!!! Definitely would stay here again!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
I am so glad you discovered some of the many hidden gems here in the area. I too agree Krystle is wonderful. She has lived here all here all of her life and knows all the great things to do and see while visiting here.
I do hope we see you soon, and look forward to hearing more great adventures while you are visiting Hilton Head.

Braselton, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I have fond memories of the value that this chain once provided and was sorry to see them sink so low with the buyout. They have been brought back and the ownership is busy regaining their reputation. this hotel was well located in Hilton head close to every major course etc. the building had just been repainted and all the rooms redone. the rooms are small but have new baths,flooring, furniture etc and the sleep was very comfortable. there was no breakfast but a good restaurant next door. the staff was very helpful and the price for value excellent.

Room Tip: The new decor has plank flooring so it could be noisy if there were kids above you. I suggest either...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. I am glad you have found your way back to the new and improved Red Roof Inns. You are correct we had a face lift to the outside just weeks ago and the rooms were renovated just last year.

We look forward to seeing you again.
Sale Creek, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I had never been to Hilton Head Island, found Red Roof Inn on Expedia, Travelocity, or one of the other sites. The quote price was looking good, in my price range, but I wanted to see it in person first before giving them my money. When I arrived I was very pleased. Everything was fresh, clean, and smelling great. Friendly staff, well lit parking lots, nice clean pool. Our room did not have a refrigerator or microwave which I usually want, but that was okay...to be honest I didn't ask if any rooms offered these. The Red Roof was right on the main road, a very short drive to the beach where there was free public parking. I enjoyed my stay here and will definitely make plans to return. HIghly recommend!!!

Room Tip: Room 109, right in front of pool entrance, few steps from parking lot.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! We do have rooms that have refrigerators and microwaves and even 2 room suites. It is great how close we are to everything, without the big price tag!
We look forward to your next stay.
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

My husband an went to Hilton Head to visit our son and daughter -in-law who were vacationing there. We wanted to visit for a couple of days and were looking for a value since we were staying only for 2 nights. After searching I found the Red Roof Inn listed and booked our room. The room was exactly how it was pictured on the web site. We had a king room on the 2nd floor. Although there was no elevator it was not a problem. The room was clean! It did have a small bathroom but it was clean. There was only coffee available in the lobby but that was fine since there was an excellent breakfast place right next door named Stacks. I only reason I did not give this value motel a 5 star was the air conditioner noise. It was so loud!!! The motor sound was like sleeping with a generator all night. I would not hesitate to stay there again but would ask to hear the sound of the air conditioner first.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review! I am please that you had a great stay with us. I am sorry that the AC was loud. Please on your next visit with us let us know if something is wrong and we can either try and fix the problem or move you if we can't. I look forward to seeing you soon.