“Pleasantly Surprised”

Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We were staying at a more expensive hotel in Bluffton but decided to try this hotel and were pleasantly surprised. It is right in Hilton Head, there are no pet fees, free breakfast, rates are better, you don't have to walk through the building to get outside, the rooms are cleaner, and the noise level is better. We will be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Cindy F
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

I would like to personally thank you fro taking the time to write such a positive review. We are nicely located on Hilton Head Island, close to shopping, and activities and the beach. And for our pet owners it is great that there is no pet fee.

We look forward to you next visit.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Nice room, clean with wood floors. The free wifi was a bonus. The free breakfast was non-existent by 9am so fight count on it. Hot water and comfortable beds. The a/c was a window unit but kept it cool for us. Nice small pool in front for a quick dip. Overall a nice place to lay your head.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anne G

Thank you for your nice review. The new floors are great, adds a nice touch. I am sorry if the breakfast ran low at any time during your stay. I will be looking at how we replenish so that all our guest can enjoy.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by my first stay at a Red Roof Inn property. The newly renovated room was more than enough space to crash for the night after a long drive from St. Louis.

Check-in was quick and painless. The front desk attendant was friendly. This location is next to a breakfast restaurant for the next morning, and a short drive from everywhere else. Honestly, the room was so big, modern looking and comfortable, I kind of wish I'd just booked my whole stay there and skipped the condo.

Dog friendly!

Room Tip: Get one of the large, renovated rooms or micro-suites. They're great.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank solusfeelion
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank for taking the time to write such a nice review. I agree the upgraded rooms are wonderful, they include things like the microwave and refrigerator, coffee maker and our suites offer all of the amenities and a living room for you to relax in.

We are looking forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Don't expect many amenities but was in a good location. There is a small pool and it is right next door to Stacks, a great breakfast place. Is located between Shelter Cove and Wexford Place. The bed was not real comfortable, there was no coffee maker in the room, although they do provide coffee in the lobby.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank for your review. I know you had one of our basic rooms. But remember we do offer upgraded rooms that do include a coffee maker and many other amenities for just a few dollars more.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The room was clean and updated. They are the only hotel in the area that doesn't charge a pet fee, although in no hotel will you be able to bring your pet and leave them in the room. They will forward you to an awesome doggie daycare close by for a very fair price. Red Rover. The location is good as well. You will have to drive to the beach, but it's not long enough to worry about, it's 1 min. I'll be staying here again when I return.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review. As you know we are pet friendly and the bonus is there is no charge. And you are right we do ask that you not leave your furry friend alone(even the best pets can become scared and bark) but how true that Hilton Head has some great doggie day cares at a very reasonable price for our other members of our family.

We cant wait to see you again on your next venture to Hilton Head.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We got the deluxe king room and was supprised by it. Had a little extra room, a mini fridge, an area to sit with a laptop or ipad and the floor wasn't carpet. I hate the carpet in hotels. you never know what could have been spilt or otherwise be on it. This hotel has a solid floor. The desk staff was great, one thing I didn't really like was having to tell them we didn't use the safe. Otherwise they charge you to use it. Kinda on the honor system I guess, but they charge you unless you tell them you didn't use it. The bed was very comfortable, and shower had good pressure. One draw back is the A/C is right beside the be and is noisy. It didn't bother my wife, but it did me. Otherwise this was a great place to stay and I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank slw642000

Thank you for taking the time to do such a nice review. Our guests love the superior king rooms with all the amenities. The renovation we went thru last was great, and I agree the hardwood floors make the rooms feel spacious.

We do hope you will visit again next time you are in Hilton Head.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Krista was so wonderful when we first arrived. The staff was awesome. The upgraded hotel additions were nice and we loved that they did not charge for pets. K rystal suggested we go to mitchelville beach which we wouldn't have gone if she didnt suggest. We found starfish and horseshoe crabs and shells and went on trails...it was so much fun!!!! Definitely would stay here again!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

I am so glad you discovered some of the many hidden gems here in the area. I too agree Krystle is wonderful. She has lived here all here all of her life and knows all the great things to do and see while visiting here.
I do hope we see you soon, and look forward to hearing more great adventures while you are visiting Hilton Head.